• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Upcoming gym battles thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I hope a new capture/Hawlucha/Frogadier or even Pikachu -as a last resort- stars vs Valerie. She deserves a real threat imo.

The Fletchinder snub.~ I do agree though, minus Pikachu. I think Frogadier would be a fine choice, as would Hawlucha regardless of his type disadvantage imo.

JD

I think either Hawlucha or Fletchinder will end up starring against Valerie, if Fletchinder is the one to defeat Spritzee/Aromatisse then I think Hawlucha will end up starring Olympia with Frogadier.

GalaxianEX

I think either Hawlucha or Fletchinder will end up starring against Valerie, if Fletchinder is the one to defeat Spritzee/Aromatisse then I think Hawlucha will end up starring Olympia with Frogadier.

I rather not. This has nothing to do with my dislike for Hawlucha, I just don't like it (even if the writers seem to) when Ash defeats Gyms by using disadvantageous types.

ShadowForce720

I rather not. This has nothing to do with my dislike for Hawlucha, I just don't like it (even if the writers seem to) when Ash defeats Gyms by using disadvantageous types.

Also it doesn't make much since sense all of Hawlucha moves right now do very little damage to Psychic and Fairy type pokemon while Pyschic and Fairy type attacks do super effective damage to it.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Ash 's 6th Pokemon is likely to be Lucario.

This kind of posts always make me laugh. The lucario train station was abandoned long ago.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Ash 's 6th Pokemon is likely to be Lucario.

As much as I'd be overly overjoyed for such impossible thing to happen...you've been saying the same thing in almost every thread you post, even in Pokemon Shuffle for some reason.

And sadly, this train crashed the moment anime!Korrina was deprived from a second Lucario.

Eh. I expect Valerie's fight to be another Ramos' battle: no Pikachu starring but the other three amigos, which will be awesome.

jjgury

As much as I'd be overly overjoyed for such impossible thing to happen...you've been saying the same thing in almost every thread you post, even in Pokemon Shuffle for some reason.

And sadly, this train crashed the moment anime!Korrina was deprived from a second Lucario.

Eh. I expect Valerie's fight to be another Ramos' battle: no Pikachu starring but the other three amigos, which will be awesome.

Pikachu does have iron tail so I could see him battling here, but I expect a capture to happen or an evolution to star.

Lorde

What's wrong with him overcoming type adversity in Gyms? He's done it before and frankly it shows that type advantages/disadvantages aren't everything. :x

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach

That's about how I see it going down too, though I could potentially see the 6th starring with Hawlucha against Olympia instead of Frogadier, especially if the 6th is Phantump or Honedge.

Absketchum

Not Pikachu! it will probably be Fletchinder/Talonflame or the new capture. And don't even try to say that Pikachu is going to star in the 6th gym battle because we kept hearing about oh how Pikachu was going to star in the 5th gym battle and it didn't.

Pikachu actually might with Iron tail but we prefer not. Show us what u got fletchinder..

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Not Pikachu! it will probably be Fletchinder/Talonflame or the new capture. And don't even try to say that Pikachu is going to star in the 6th gym battle because we kept hearing about oh how Pikachu was going to star in the 5th gym battle and it didn't.

To be fair, there was visual evidence supporting Pikachu starring in the 5th gym. But still, I agree.

Lorde

To be fair, there was visual evidence supporting Pikachu starring in the 5th gym. But still, I agree.

What evidence? Just clips of him fighting Luxray? I'm glad he didn't star there, and I hope to Oshawott that this is a new trend in Kalos Gyms.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
What evidence? Just clips of him fighting Luxray? I'm glad he didn't star there, and I hope to Oshawott that this is a new trend in Kalos Gyms.

The main magazine scan for the episode showed Pikachu and Luxray fighting, and those kinds of scans generally show the final match-up of the battle. And I do agree, I really hope we're done with Pikachu starring until Wulfric. Honestly, if they'd just given Grant to Froakie or even Fletchling, I think it'd be alright. I don't have an issue with Pikachu starring against Viola, Korrina, and Wulfric all in one region, it was having Grant too that pushed it over the edge for me. If it was up to me, I'd probably have given Grant to Froakie, and then Ramos to Hawlucha, mostly just because I love the image of Hawlucha grabbing Gogoat by the horns and suplexing it :p

Last edited:

Sidagam

I'm really hoping Fletchinder/Talonflame gets to Star against Valerie. It's hard to pick who should be the other 2. The combo of Fletchinder/Hawlucha/Frogadier is pretty great, but Pikachu does have Iron tail and Ash could get another capture before then, and If he does it'll most likely be used, depending on what it is.

Let's just hope Pikachu doesn't star again.

Lorde

I'm really hoping Fletchinder/Talonflame gets to Star against Valerie. It's hard to pick who should be the other 2. The combo of Fletchinder/Hawlucha/Frogadier is pretty great, but Pikachu does have Iron tail and Ash could get another capture before then, and If he does it'll most likely be used, depending on what it is.

Probably whatever his next capture is should star instead imho. As long as Fletchinder or Pikachu don't have that honor, idc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.