• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Upcoming gym battles thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

Sending Noivern into the Ice gym battle is just asking to being defeated. Ash has Greninja and Pikachu that he can use with the other two.

I'm pretty sure some people said the exact same thing about the idea of Frogadier and Hawlucha being used and starring in the 4th and 6th gyms respectively, but we saw how that turned out, so I don't know why you would think Noivern having a quad weakness to Ice would stopped it from being used.

Janovy

Banned
Hmm, they could always pull an X-Scissor and give Noivern Heat Wave.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Sending Noivern into the Ice gym battle is just asking to being defeated. Ash has Greninja and Pikachu that he can use with the other two.
Sending Frogadier into the Grass Gym Battle is just asking to be defeated
Sending Hawlucha into the Fairy Gym Battle is just asking to be defeated
Sending Krokorok into the Ice Gym Battle is just asking to be defeated
And so on and so forth
You'd think that after over a DECADE of this anime being in play people would learn that Type Advantage is not nor will it ever be the end all be all decider in battles in the anime.
Writers could easily have Noivern pick up Flamethrower avoid getting hit and wreck house.

dman_dustin

Having Ash use extra pokemon for the sake of having extra pokemon is just asking for members of his team to be unduly humiliated by losing since the writers have a penchant for close fights between the final pokemon of each team.

Unless you think the battle will be handicapped in Ash's favor like against Roxie, this makes NO sense whatsoever because obviously it's going to end up being a 1 vs 1.

That still doesn't mean a 5 on 5 is bad or anything.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Unless you think the battle will be handicapped in Ash's favor like against Roxie, this makes NO sense whatsoever because obviously it's going to end up being a 1 vs 1.

That still doesn't mean a 5 on 5 is bad or anything.

Unless said gym leader is Crasher Wake.. Because.. shudder.. xD

Yeah, a 5v5 would be a good outcome. If Ash manages to capture the Phantump, I still see it sitting the battle out as Ash really seems to pick based on what he has used most frequent this series.

I mean you can really tell that Greninja, Talonflame and Hawlucha are his core members. I mean it might look unimpressive, but after Snowbelle, Hawlucha will have been part of FIVE gym battles, and as far as we are now has only been the fall guy once out of four gyms and starred once and is looking pretty solid against Abomasnow here (though I wouldn't be surprised if Talonflame got this win and Hawlucha took out Cryogonal or something. Talonflame has an amazing trackrecord in the gyms this series compared to even Staraptor and Swellow. Greninja might not have semi-sweeped multiple gyms like Infernape did, but it's hard to ignore that it will have amazing strength.

It's weird, Ash's badge-quest has been the Greninja, Talonflame and Hawlucha-show, with Pikachu subbing in the earlier gyms out of necessity, and Goodra being the sole exception. So if Noivern is in this gym, it would be weird in a sense. Even more if it's a full battle and Phantump joins in.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Sending Frogadier into the Grass Gym Battle is just asking to be defeated
Sending Hawlucha into the Fairy Gym Battle is just asking to be defeated
Sending Krokorok into the Ice Gym Battle is just asking to be defeated
And so on and so forth
You'd think that after over a DECADE of this anime being in play people would learn that Type Advantage is not nor will it ever be the end all be all decider in battles in the anime.
Writers could easily have Noivern pick up Flamethrower avoid getting hit and wreck house.

They are not 4x weak against ice tough. It is better that Noivern take on league battles and team rocket. Ash's other pokemon can handle the final gym.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
They are not 4x weak against ice tough. It is better that Noivern take on league battles and team rocket. Ash's other pokemon can handle the final gym.

Your response ignores the second half of the post - type advantage isn't as important in the anime, it's not something that can be used to instantly rule particular Pokemon out. It really wouldn't be that weird from that perspective to see Noivern show up.

Then there's possible in-anime reasons like Noivern's speed can be used to outmanouevre Wulfric's slower/tankier Pokemon. Think of it that way rather than the game = anime way.

Last edited:

jrizza88

Meteorite
Unless said gym leader is Crasher Wake.. Because.. shudder.. xD

Yeah, a 5v5 would be a good outcome. If Ash manages to capture the Phantump, I still see it sitting the battle out as Ash really seems to pick based on what he has used most frequent this series.

I mean you can really tell that Greninja, Talonflame and Hawlucha are his core members. I mean it might look unimpressive, but after Snowbelle, Hawlucha will have been part of FIVE gym battles, and as far as we are now has only been the fall guy once out of four gyms and starred once and is looking pretty solid against Abomasnow here (though I wouldn't be surprised if Talonflame got this win and Hawlucha took out Cryogonal or something. Talonflame has an amazing trackrecord in the gyms this series compared to even Staraptor and Swellow. Greninja might not have semi-sweeped multiple gyms like Infernape did, but it's hard to ignore that it will have amazing strength.

It's weird, Ash's badge-quest has been the Greninja, Talonflame and Hawlucha-show, with Pikachu subbing in the earlier gyms out of necessity, and Goodra being the sole exception. So if Noivern is in this gym, it would be weird in a sense. Even more if it's a full battle and Phantump joins in.

It's also crazy to think about the fact that Talonflame will/has been in 7 out of the 8 gyms. Pikachu has technically had 4 (maybe 5 if it is in this gym), Hawlucha 5 and Greninja 3 (maybe 4 if it is in this battle).

Status
Not open for further replies.