• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Upcoming Important Battles Predictions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Uh, no. Ash has never had two rematches in the same region, unless you count him forfeiting. Ash is unlikely to have another rematch in the next one, or any of the following ones.

I think Ash will have a rematch against Iris/Drayden (whichever he battles). Aside from that, I agree with you. I'm thinking Ash's stars for each battle will be:

Gym #1: Oshawott (Duh, already happened)
Gym #2: Tepig (Again, duh)
Gym #3: Pidove/Tranquill
Gym #4: Sandile/Snivy
Gym #5: Scraggy/Servine
Gym #6: Servine/Scrafty
Gym #7: Cubchoo/Dewott
Gym #8: Pikachu

Also, I realize that I've been posting my ideas on here like crazy, but I feel like doing it again anyway:

Ash-Pikachu, Tranquill, Oshawott, Tepig, Snivy, Scraggy, Sewaddle
Ash vs. Burgh
Tranquill vs. Whirlipede (Whirlipede is recalled)
Tranquill vs. Dwebble (Tranquill is recalled)
Sewaddle vs. Dwebble (Sewaddle and recalled)
Tepig vs. Whirlipede (Tepig)
Tepig vs. Leavanny (Leavanny)
Sewaddle vs. Leavanny (Leavanny)
Tranquill vs. Leavanny (Tranquill)

Ash-Pikachu, Tranquill, Oshawott, Tepig, Snivy, Scraggy, Swadloon, Sandile
Ash vs. Elesa
Sandile vs. Emolga (Sandile is recalled)
Pikachu vs. Emolga (Pikachu)
Pikachu vs. Eelektrik (Eelektrik)
Snivy vs. Eelektrik (Snivy)
Snivy vs. Zebstrika (Zebstrika)
Sandile vs. Zebstrika (Sandile)
(If Sandile isn't captured, then Scraggy is used over Sandile and Snivy is the star)

Ash-Pikachu, Tranquill, Dewott, Tepig, Servine, Scraggy, Leavanny, Sandile
Ash vs. Clay
Dewott vs. Excadrill (Dewott and recalled)
Servine vs. Palpitoad (Palpitoad)
Dewott vs. Palpitoad (Dewott)
Dewott vs. Krokorok/Krookodile (Krokorok/Krookodile)
Scraggy vs. Krokorok/Krookodile (Scraggy)

Ash-Pikachu, Tranquill, Dewott, Pignite, Servine, Scrafty, Leavanny, Sandile
Ash vs. Skyla
Tranquill vs. Unfezant (Unfezant is recalled)
Tranquill vs. Swoobat (Draw)
Pikachu vs. Unfezant (Pikachu)
Pikachu vs. Swanna (Swanna)
Servine vs. Swanna (Servine)

Ash-Pikachu, Unfezant, Dewott, Pignite, Servine, Scrafty, Leavanny, Krokorok, Cubchoo
Ash vs. Brycen
Pignite vs. Vanillish (Pignite and recalled)
Dewott vs. Cryogonal (Dewott)
Dewott vs. Beartic (Beartic)
Pignite vs. Beartic (Beartic)
Cubchoo vs. Beartic (Cubchoo)
(If Ash doesn't catch Cubchoo, then replace Cubchoo with Pikachu or Scrafty and make Dewott the star)

Ash-Pikachu, Unfezant, Samurott, Pignite, Servine, Scrafty, Leavanny, Krokorok, Cubchoo
I don't really have many predictions for this one. My only main predictions are that Pikachu and Samurott will be used in both matches against Iris, and that Samurott will battle Excadrill in both, that Pikachu will lose to Haxorus in the first, and that Pikachu will defeat Haxorus in the second.

Ash-Pikachu, Unfezant, Samurott, Pignite, Serperior, Scrafty, Leavanny, Krokorok, Cubchoo
Trip-Serperior, Unfezant, Jellicent, Galvantula, Bisharp, Gigalith
Ash vs. Trip (Unova League)
Pikachu vs. Serperior (Pikachu and recalled)
Pignite vs. Galvantula (Galvantula)
Pikachu vs. Galvantula (Pikachu)
Pikachu vs. Bisharp (Bisharp)
Unfezant vs. Bisharp (Bisharp is recalled)
Unfezant vs. Unfezant (Ash's)
Unfezant vs. Gigalith (Gigalith)
Serperior vs. Gigalith (Gigalith is recalled)
Serperior vs. Bisharp (Serperior is recalled)
Samurott vs. Bisharp (Draw)
Scrafty vs. Gigalith (Scrafty)
Scrafty vs. Jellicent (Jellicent)
Serperior vs. Jellicent (Serperior)

Last edited:

Bell56

The One and Only
I didn't realize this until just now but if Tepig evolves then 4 of Ash's 7 Pokemon will be weak against Skyla. So if she has an answer for Pikachu then I could see that gym being a problem.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I didn't realize this until just now but if Tepig evolves then 4 of Ash's 7 Pokemon will be weak against Skyla. So if she has an answer for Pikachu then I could see that gym being a problem.

What you are saying is correct, but if the rumors of Ash catching the SG Sandile (who knows "Stone Edge") & an Emolga in the future is true, then that porblem might be solved.

But even if he doesn't catch them, there is still Pikachu, Oshawott & Pidove (both off whom would be at least in there 2nd stage by that time) who can fight in that gym.

Another point to remember is that, during the Hoenn Saga, Ash used his Grovyle (a grass type), in his match against a Flying type gym leader & was able to defeat one of her pokemons.

Also, Tepig can learn "Wild Charge", Scraggy can learn "Thunder Punch" & "Ice Punch" (and Ash knows how to teach the IP). So, even they can be used in this gym.

Last edited:

gliscor&yanmega

Uh, no. Ash has never had two rematches in the same region, unless you count him forfeiting. Ash is unlikely to have another rematch in the next one, or any of the following ones.

I don't think Ash has ever forfeit a battle, but he has had more then one rematch in a region, not all rematches like the Lenora rematch but a rematch is a rematch.

Hasn't Ash always had a rematch against a Gym Leader at less once in each region?

Kanto-Lt.Surge, Sabrina(Wasn't much of a battle but still a rematch), Blaine.

Johto-Whitney, Clair(The battle was interrupted but it's still a rematch).

Hoenn-Norman(Not an official battle but they had a rematch regardless), Brawly, Wattson(Not much of a rematch at less not for a badge, but it's still a rematch nonetheless.

Sinnoh-Roark, Fantina(I don't think it was an official battle but they had a rematch regardless), Volkner(Was interrupted but it's still a rematch).

So Ash will probably also have a rematch at less once in every region.

Plus I was told Brock, Pryce, and Gardenia were also rematches at one point in some form.

So he probably will have more rematches down the road, just not likely to be rematches like the Lenora one. Although I can see him getting another rematch like that for the last gym, just to make things more dramatic or whatever.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
A rematch doesn't count if Ash forfeited or if it was an unofficial battle, so Ash only had one rematch in every region.

Lt. Surge

Witney

Brawly

Roark

and now Lenora.

So Ash will win all of his next gym battles, with a win, unless it's interrupted. But if he had only one more loss, then a rematch, then it wouldn't be that bad.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
yes, ash will need to have some rematches. I wonder what pokemon shooti will be using for the league, along with bel and any other rivals?

Ash has already been knocked around a couple of times, I hope the next one is more better and is more later on in the series.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
A rematch doesn't count if Ash forfeited or if it was an unofficial battle, so Ash only had one rematch in every region.

Lt. Surge

Witney

Brawly

Roark

and now Lenora.

So Ash will win all of his next gym battles, with a win, unless it's interrupted. But if he had only one more loss, then a rematch, then it wouldn't be that bad.

You seem to forget Ash getting creamed by Brock in the first episode. Ash's Gym rematches would be, in my opinion:

Kanto-Brock, Lt. Surge, Sabrina, Blaine
Johto-Whitney, Pryce
Hoenn-Brawly, Norman
Sinnoh-Roark, Gardenia, Fantina

Of course, your opinion of an official battle and mine are completely different things. We can both hold to our own opinion and can't attack each other or anyone else over it.

playerking

Ash never actually one the rematch, Brock just gave Ash the badge in the end, so he might as well have not battled brock at all.

Sabrina - Forfeit, no loss.

Blain - Same as above ^

Pryce - Ash only battle him once

Norman - Surely you're joking? That was an unofficial battle, even if Ash beat Norman in one move, he still wouldn't have got his badge.

Gardenia and Fantina - Unofficial battles, so Ash actually beat them in one battle.

So unless Ash has some unofficial battles here, or he forfeits some or they are interrupted, Ash should have a clean winning streak.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Can we please stop looking back at such a hurtfull past of pity badges and terrible interruptions? Lets move on. People claim about the similarity between Kanto and Unova but if add the constant interruptions, pity badges and whatever else in Kanto, Unova takes the win. If we look at Kanto in the beginning. Ash knew less than he knows today. Yet people love to dump on him about his goofyness but nothing was worst than in Kanto.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Ash never actually one the rematch, Brock just gave Ash the badge in the end, so he might as well have not battled brock at all.

Sabrina - Forfeit, no loss.

Blain - Same as above ^

Pryce - Ash only battle him once

Norman - Surely you're joking? That was an unofficial battle, even if Ash beat Norman in one move, he still wouldn't have got his badge.

Gardenia and Fantina - Unofficial battles, so Ash actually beat them in one battle.

So unless Ash has some unofficial battles here, or he forfeits some or they are interrupted, Ash should have a clean winning streak.

A forfeit still counts as a loss IMO. And if unofficial gym battles don't count then, Ash still lost to Brock, Lt. Surge, Sabrina, & Blaine. Wouldn't that mean that Ash never won against Pryce? Since Pryce forfeited.

thunderblade12

A rematch is fighting someone a second time. All of this "that didn't count" nonsense is just to prove a point. It does count. Ash DID battle Brock, Surge, Sabrina, and Blaine more than once. They were all rematches. He battled Roark, Gardenia, Fantina, and Volkner more than once too. All rematches.

Torpoleon

Now that Ash has Sewaddle, I have a new option for Ash VS Burgh in BW025:

Tepig VS Crustle (Tepig is recalled)
Snivy VS Crustle (Snivy wins)
Snivy VS Whirlipede (Whirlipede wins)
Tepig VS Whirlipede (Draw)
Sewaddle VS Leavanny (Sewaddle evolves)
Kurumayu VS Leavanny (Kurumayu wins)

So, I think that Pidove is Junipered and so far, it looks like Pidove will be there more sometime. So, Tepig, Snivy & Sewaddle seem like good candidates for the gym battle. Although Sewaddle evolving is a quick evolution (7 episodes), I don't think that if Sewaddle would be the last one and would have to beat Leavanny that it could win without evolution. Technically then, everyone gets one win.

playerking

Unofficial battles don't count, sure it was a forfeit, so technically Ash didn't lose by usual means, which is getting beat, but as i said before, Ash will probably only have 1 more rematch in this series, at best.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Unofficial battles don't count, sure it was a forfeit, so technically Ash didn't lose by usual means, which is getting beat, but as i said before, Ash will probably only have 1 more rematch in this series, at best.

Or he'll do a practice battle which he does every region or so with a Gym Leader.

playerking

Or he'll do a practice battle which he does every region or so with a Gym Leader.

Yeah, i was hoping he'd do one with Arty, i guess he could do it in the Fushide episode. But, if Ash loses another official battle here, which he hasn't done since Kanto, I hope it's the 5th one.

Whoa, didn't recognize you there king world, your signature changed quite a bit, wait i forgot, did you have a previous signature, if so what was it? Nice signature, by the way.

playerking

1. The gym leader, by him/her saying it's an unofficial battle, so if Ash won, he/she still wouldn't give them the badge, example look at Norman's first battle with Ash, Ash only one pokemon i think, but the gym requires 3 Pokemon.

2. Usual means = Pokemon fainting, Ash recalling it to it's Pokeball, he goes away cries and he does a rematch. Unusual means of winning, includes Forfeiting, because the battle, never finished with a proper result, i.e one of the Pokemon actually losing.

Now, if he doesn't do an unofficial battle with Burgh, i think one with 4th, 7th and or 8th one would be nice. And i hope he faces Iris, as the gym battle, but shaga as an unofficial battle.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Says who?

Says playerking.

What are usual means? Had Ash not forfeited against Blaine the attack would have landed and sent Pikachu spiraling to it's death. Ash stopped that from happening but he still lost, it was checkmate.

He could have said it was cheating or better yet commanded it to use Quick Attack or Agility.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
1. The gym leader, by him/her saying it's an unofficial battle, so if Ash won, he/she still wouldn't give them the badge, example look at Norman's first battle with Ash, Ash only one pokemon i think, but the gym requires 3 Pokemon.

2. Usual means = Pokemon fainting, Ash recalling it to it's Pokeball, he goes away cries and he does a rematch. Unusual means of winning, includes Forfeiting, because the battle, never finished with a proper result, i.e one of the Pokemon actually losing.

Was this in the Official Gym Leader Handbook? I've never seen them flaunt one in the Anime and I sure as hell haven't seen one in real life, so where did you get this info from? Forfeiting = a loss, so therefore, the next battle is considered a rematch. The only one that is considered not a rematch is Ash VS Volkner, since neither side was declared a winner, nor a loser, nor was it a tie.

Status
Not open for further replies.