• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Upcoming Important Battles Predictions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Skyla doesn't have a Archeops so it doesn't matter anyway.

Who does Ash use against Skyla since you seem to know what her team in the anime is?

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Who does Ash use against Skyla since you seem to know what her team in the anime is?

I just don't see a reason why her team will change. The only ones changing in my opinion are Elesa and Drayden.

We saw they replaced one Emolga with Tynamo, and they might replace Fraxure with a member of the Deino family.

Zariful

Palpitoad doesn't resist Ice, it takes normal damage.

Oh ok But my point stands Palpitoad could be a good choice for that gym

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I just don't see the point in Ash using Boldore in the gym its weak against, without using it against something its super effective against, or even neutral against.

They probably have other pokemons in mind for those gyms but still wanted Roggenrola to shine so they gave him this one.

Like, we had Swadloon doing well, then Palpitoad, now Roggenrola, Tranquill probably gets the next one and Scraggy the ice one, with the starters and Pikachu probably getting the last gym.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I just don't see the point in Ash using Boldore in the gym its weak against, without using it against something its super effective against, or even neutral against.

I could say the same thing about Pikachu's participation in all the rock gyms, at this point though there ain't no reason to debate the issue since we know the pokemon is involved and scores the final blow.

shac

Pokemon in the next 4 gym predictions.

Clay's gym.

Palptioad, Oshawott/Snivy/Swadloon and Roggenrola/Boldore vs. Palpitoad, Krokorok and Excadrill.

Sklya's Gym.

Boldore, Scraggy and Tranquill vs. Swoobat, Swanna and Unfezant.

Brycen's Gym.

Scraggy, Boldore and Tepig vs. Vanillish, Gryogonal and Beartic.

Drayden's gym, assuming Ash also faces Iris and pairs up with Trip.

Ash: Pikachu, Scrafty and Samurott (assuming Scraggy and Oshawott will evolve into that and by then)/ Trip: Serperior and Probably some future captures.

Vs. Iris: Fraxure/Haxorus(Assuming it evolves and possibly fully), Excadrill and Emolga/ Drayden: Fraxure, Druddigon and Haxorus(Or maybe one can be switched with a Zweilous or a Hydreigon for a change).

Pikachu is obviously going to be in Skyla's gym. Has he ever missed a flying type gym? I am thinking this would be very much like Winonna's gym. Pika has got Swanna to fight against. Scraggy/Snivy might be in place of Grovyle.

dman_dustin

They probably have other pokemons in mind for those gyms but still wanted Roggenrola to shine so they gave him this one.

Like, we had Swadloon doing well, then Palpitoad, now Roggenrola, Tranquill probably gets the next one and Scraggy the ice one, with the starters and Pikachu probably getting the last gym.

Still though not using a rock type in the Ice or Flying gyms, but using it in a ground type, is just twisted, and messed up. Even Drayden would probably be a better choice. And they could've had Roggenrola battle Elesa against her Emolga.

I could say the same thing about Pikachu's participation in all the rock gyms
I don't see how Pikachu is relevant to my argument, since Pikachu was used later against gyms it was super effective. Ash was going to use Pikachu against Misty, but it was being a coward, and Ash did use Pikachu against Winona after it was used against Roxanne. And Pikachu was used against Crasher Wake after being used against Roark.

So why are you arguing Pikachu? Pikachu has never been in ONE gym in its entire life throughout a series.

Kanto- At least 4
Johto- All of them
Hoenn- All of them except Brawly
Sinnoh- 4 Gyms
Unova- So far 3 of them

at this point though there ain't no reason to debate the issue since we know the pokemon is involved and scores the final blow.

I really don't think you got what I'm saying. We don't know which of Ash's Pokemon battles Skyla or Brycen. I just fail to see why Roggenrola/Boldore's hypothetical only gym in the whole region is a gym its weak against, when it would've done great against Skyla and Brycen.

pokefandt

I could say the same thing about Pikachu's participation in all the rock gyms, at this point though there ain't no reason to debate the issue since we know the pokemon is involved and scores the final blow.

Against Roxanne and Roark, Pikachu was in because of necessity.

Against Roxanne, Ash only had Taillow, Treeko, and Pikachu. And Treeko was beaten by Geodude.

Against Roark, It was eaither Pikachu or Staravia. Turtwig is grass and Aipom had focus punch. But Staravia had heck all against rock types, so Pikachu had to battle.

Against Roxanne and Roark, Pikachu was in because of necessity.

Against Roxanne, Ash only had Taillow, Treeko, and Pikachu. And Treeko was beaten by Geodude.

Against Roark, It was eaither Pikachu or Staravia. Turtwig is grass and Aipom had focus punch. But Staravia had heck all against rock types, so Pikachu had to battle.

Pikachu also has Iron Tail. You have a good point. Staravia would have been dead in five seconds... It would be different if it was a Staraptor and had Close Combat, but that's a different thread. Haha. Same thing with Tailow, too. Tailow would have been dead VERY early on.

Pikachu should have been able to beat all of Roark's Pokemon with one Iron Tail each with how strong he should be, but the anime doesn't work that way.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Fighting attacks will do neutral damage to Archeops, and Rocks attacks will do neutral damage to Pignite. There is no massive type disadvantage, only fire attacks won't be effective and flying will be effective. => SAME for Scraggy (with fire becoming fighting)

No, Rock's would be 2x affective against Fire types and the same goes for fighting, so putting a Pignite against a Archeops is just asking for trouble.

I think he means in the games, and her team will most likely be Swoobat, Swanna and Unfeazant, there's no need for that to change so far.

Pikachu is obviously going to be in Skyla's gym. Has he ever missed a flying type gym? I am thinking this would be very much like Winonna's gym. Pika has got Swanna to fight against. Scraggy/Snivy might be in place of Grovyle.

Yeah, but Pikachu also is used in the last gym battles as well, so that would give Pikachu 5 gyms if he still battles in the flying gym.

I don't want him to be in 5 gym matches, that's more then Sinnoh, but if it does battle there, I'd want it to take Scraggy's place.

pokeaussie37

No, Rock's would be 2x affective against Fire types and the same goes for fighting, so putting a Pignite against a Archeops is just asking for trouble.

I think he means in the games, and her team will most likely be Swoobat, Swanna and Unfeazant, there's no need for that to change so far.

Yeah, but Pikachu also is used in the last gym battles as well, so that would give Pikachu 5 gyms if he still battles in the flying gym.

I don't want him to be in 5 gym matches, that's more then Sinnoh, but if it does battle there, I'd want it to take Scraggy's place.

Um, no Rock does neutral damage to Pignite, Fighting resists Rock. However an Archeops' Flying type attacks would do super effective damage.

playerking

Um, no Rock does neutral damage to Pignite, Fighting resists Rock. However an Archeops' Flying type attacks would do super effective damage.

Fighting might be good against Rock types, but Archeops has two advantages against Pignite, so Pignite would still be at a disadvantage.

Though, that's assuming Ash's Tepig evolves and by then. It's also assuming that a possible future Pignite would have one or more fighting type moves and that a possible Archeops for Skyla(For some strange reason) would have flying and rock type moves.

pokeaussie37

Fighting might be good against Rock types, but Archeops has two advantages against Pignite, so Pignite would still be at a disadvantage.

Though, that's assuming Ash's Tepig evolves and by then. It's also assuming that a possible future Pignite would have one or more fighting type moves and that a possible Archeops for Skyla(For some strange reason) would have flying and rock type moves.

Well Rock would do Neutral damage, but where did the idea of Skyla having an Archeops come from? :S Her in-game team is Swoobat, Unfezant and Swanna. I don't see any reason to stray from that.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
For some reason, when it comes to Skyla's gym battle, I can just imagine them completely ripping off Winona's..

Swanna - Pelipper (same typing)
Unfezant - Swellow (sharing a line with Ash, same typing)

The only thing is that Swoobat and Altaria are not alike, except for both having types that generally cause trouble in the anime due to their power. But seriously, i'll laugh if Ash uses Pikachu, Snivy/Servine and Tranquill/Unfezant, mimicking Pikachu, Grovyle and Swellow in the Fortree Gym..

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
For some reason, when it comes to Skyla's gym battle, I can just imagine them completely ripping off Winona's..

The only thing is that Swoobat and Altaria are not alike, except for both having types that generally cause trouble in the anime due to their power. But seriously, i'll laugh if Ash uses Pikachu, Snivy/Servine and Tranquill/Unfezant, mimicking Pikachu, Grovyle and Swellow in the Fortree Gym..

lol that was what my prediction was. Look a few posts back.

pokeaussie37

What if her Unfezant is shiny? :p hahaha.

I hope not. There's only so much you can do with Gym battles given they're always three on three, but the last thing I want is for them to copy Winona's battle. I really enjoyed that particular Gym battle. It's entirely possible that they will though. Pikachu and Tranquil seem likely, hopefully they won't use Snivy or whatever stage she is at.

playerking

pokeaussie37

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=13561082&postcount=950

There's where it arose, I think.

If one thing does change from that gym battle, I hope it'd Swanna would be a Ducklett, but I'd still prefer a Swanna.

If ANYthing yes. It's not as if we've had a lack of that particular evolution line, though. I think it'd be best if they just kept her team consistent with the games. Unless they did a (similar to) Roark and gave her a Tranquil, and both her's, and Ash's had a ridiculous double evolution or something crazy like that.

Considering how many bloody Tranquil's they've handed out to other characters (Trip, that guy from the Don tournament) it's entirely possible we'll see another one with Skyla too.

Status
Not open for further replies.