• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Upcoming Important Battles Predictions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKS-Lapras

Ash's battle against Clay is probably the gym match I look forward to most. He's always struggled with ground types, throughout the entire series. It will be nice to see him have to come up with unique strategies for battling Pokemon that have in the past caused him a bit more trouble than many other types.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Ash's battle against Clay is probably the gym match I look forward to most. He's always struggled with ground types, throughout the entire series. It will be nice to see him have to come up with unique strategies for battling Pokemon that have in the past caused him a bit more trouble than many other types.

When has he struggled with Ground types? I doubt Pikachu will battle there anyway.

pokefandt

5th gym

Ash: Dewott, Swadloon, Snivy, Scraggy,
Clay: Krokorok, Palpitoad, Excadrill, Golett

Scraggy vs Krokorok: Scraggy manages to land a High Jump Kick to Krokorok's jaw and a headbutt to its chest holding its own. But Krokorok lands a Thunder Fang Which paralyzes Scraggy. The Scraggy is pummled by Dig. Scraggy has to be withdrawn.

Swadloon vs Krokorok: Krokorok tries to hit Swadloon with Fire Fang, but Swadloon repels it with Protect. Then Ash orders String shot to tie the croc up and swing it into a rock. Finally it is finished off with Energy Ball.

Swadloon vs. Golett: Ash tries String Shot again, but Golett easily breaks through. Clay orders Shadow Punch which sends Swadloon into a rock, shattering it and hurting it. Ash orders Energy Ball, but Clay counters with Shadow Ball. Clay orders another Shadow punch which sends Swadloon into a wall, knocking it out. Ash is shocked how easily Swadloon was beaten.

Snivy vs Golett: Ash gets the idea to swing Snivy around the rocks and uses this to bounce around the battlefield. Snivy rakes Golett a few times with Leaf Blade. But the attacks by Golett have destroyed a bunch of the rocks. Snivy has to hit Golett head on. Ash finishes it by using Vine whip to snag Golett and slam it into the ground. Clay is impressed with Ash so far, but its not over by a long shot.

Snivy vs. Palpitoad: Snivy is confused by Supersonic, Ash remarks this looks familiar. Palpitoad then uses Sludge bomb which hurts Snivy badly and poison's it. Snivy is weak enough to activate Overgrow and Ash orders a last ditch Overgrow powered Leaf Storm that smashes Palpitoad. But all the damage causes Snivy to faint too.

Ash is ahead two to one, but Clay's last Pokemon is Excadrill, a pokemon that tore through several of Team Plasma's pokemon the day before. Scraggy is still paralyzed and Dewott may not be strong enough to take Excadrill on one-on-one. Episode ends with Excadrill appearing on the field looking very intimidating.

I'll do the rest later.

WaterShuriken

I hope this gym is a lot like Ash vs Wake.

Still possesses a challenge but its not the obvious final two pokemon battle.

Grey Wind

read my sig
grammer is pointless it just dots and line to me
lmao. You won't think it's so pointless when you fail tests because of a lack of it.

Ash vs Clay:

Tranquill vs Krokorok (switch)
Boldore/Scraggy vs Krokorok (tie)
Tranquill vs Palpitoad/Seismitoad (Tranquill)
Tranquill vs Excadrill (Excadrill)
Oshawott-->Dewott vs Excadrill (Dewott)

jrizza88

Meteorite
lmao. You won't think it's so pointless when you fail tests because of a lack of it.

Ash vs Clay:

Tranquill vs Krokorok (switch)
Boldore/Scraggy vs Krokorok (tie)
Tranquill vs Palpitoad/Seismitoad (Tranquill)
Tranquill vs Excadrill (Excadrill)
Oshawott-->Dewott vs Excadrill (Dewott)

I like this one, but I would prefer to see Snivy instead of Boldore. i'd like to either see her star, or to see her get at least one win!

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
You all will kill me for this one....somehow

Ash:
Snivy/Swadloon, Oshawott/Palpitoad, Scraggy....I hate to say it, but either Snivy or Swadloon is gonna get screwed out of future gym battles(Snivy might get Grovyle treatment in the Flying gym, maybe) but I can't see Ash using two water types or two grass types in this gym, unless the writers wanna be sooo original

Clay:
Excadrill, Palpitoad, Krookodile
Eh...I feel he needs to at least have his old team +1 new member that can debut and I'd rather Clay introduce Krookodile than Seismitoad...

Battle:
Snivy/Swadloon vs Palpitoad (Snivy/Swadloon and recalled)
Scraggy vs Excadrill (Scraggy)
Scraggy vs Krookodile (Scraggy recalled)
Oshawott/Palpitoad vs Krookodile(Oshawott/Palpitoad)

This could be like the Wake battle only every Pokemon get a win...the reason I say hate because a lot of you think Tranquil just has to be used here...sorry Tranquil fans, but there are other Pokemon better suited to this gym then her...like Scraggy

WaterShuriken

Again i think this might be like Wake.

Oshawott, Tranquill, and Leavanny being used.

Leavanny vs Krokorok [Leavanny easily wins]
Leavanny vs Palpitoad [Palpitoad evolves]
Leavanny vs Seismitoad [Leavanny is recalled after being poisoned via Poison Touch]
Tranquill vs Seismitoad [Tranquill]
Oshawott vs Excadrill [Oshawott is switched out]
Tranquill vs Excadrill [Tranquill is switched out]
Oshawott vs Excadrill [Oshawott evolves]
Dewott vs Excadrill [Dewott wins thanks to Torrent]

Ash wins but all his remaining 3 pokemon have been tired out.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
So with the new revelation of the new Gym battle, here are my new predictions:

Ash vs. Clay
Roggenrola vs. Palpitoad (Roggenrola is recalled)
Snivy vs. Palpitoad (Snivy and recalled)
Oshawott/Tranquill vs. Krokorok (Krokorok)
Snivy vs. Krokorok (Snivy)
Snivy vs. Excadrill (Excadrill)
Roggenrola vs. Excadrill (Roggenrola evolves)
Boldore vs. Excadrill (Boldore)

Ash vs. Skyla
Tranquill vs. Swoobat (Tranquill is recalled)
Reuniclus vs. Swoobat (Reuniclus and recalled)
Pikachu vs. Unfezant (Draw)
Reuniclus vs. Swanna (Swanna)
Tranquill vs. Swanna (Tranquill)

Ash vs. Brycen
Pignite vs. Beartic (Pignite and recalled)
Dewott vs. Cryogonal (Dewott)
Dewott vs. Vanilluxe (Vanilluxe)
Pignite vs. Vanilluxe (Vanilluxe)
Servine vs. Vanilluxe (Servine)

Ash vs. Iris
Pignite vs. Emolga (Emolga is recalled by Volt Switch)
Pignite vs. Mienfoo (Mienfoo)
Servine vs. Mienfoo (Servine and recalled)
Cubchoo vs. Rufflet (Cubchoo)
Cubchoo vs. Deino (Draw)
Dewott vs. Emolga (Emolga)
Servine vs. Emolga (Servine)
Servine vs. Excadrill (Excadrill)
Pikachu vs. Excadrill (Pikachu)
Pikachu vs. Haxorus (Haxorus)
Scrafty vs. Haxorus (Scrafty)

Zariful

I want Snivy , Tranquill and Roggenrola/Boldore in this gym

Snivy owns the Seismistoad (something has to debut) , Tranquill blasts the krokorok away and Snivy and Tranquill manage to land a few good hits on excadrill but barely dent it and Ash calls for Roggenrola Iris calls ash a kid for using a pokemon with a double weakness against Excadrill Ash ignores this and attacks with Stone edge and flash cannon it then tries concealing it's self with sand storm excadrill goes for a metal claw and shatters roggenrola's core
then it evolves learns rock smash and wins

Joltik-Kid

Well, guess Clay's main Pokemon is gonna remain Excadrill....that's kinda odd actually, but reasonable I guess

My Prediction

Snivy vs Seismitoad(Snivy with Leaf Storm and recalled)
Oshawott/Swadloon vs Krokorok(Krokorok with Thunder/Fire Fang)
Snivy vs Krokorok(Snivy with (sadly)Attract-Leaf Blade combo)
Snivy vs Excadrill(Excadrill)
Roggenrola vs Excadrill(Roggenrola evolves)
Boldore vs Excadrill(Boldore with Rock Smash)

Snivy is redeemed, Swadloon had two victory's last time and Oshawott hasn't had an offical second gym lost(tie is a victory/lost in my eyes), and Roggenrola get's it's first gym battle and evolves...Again Tranquil fan's, there are better suit pokemon from this gym then her

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Snivy is redeemed, Swadloon had two victory's last time and Oshawott hasn't had an offical second gym lost(tie is a victory/lost in my eyes), and Roggenrola get's it's first gym battle and evolves...Again Tranquil fan's, there are better suit pokemon from this gym then her

I like your ideas, though I don't see Swadloon being used unless it's evolved beforehand, and that certainly seems unlikely. I also don't really think Tranquill has a huge chance of being used, but I think it's the fourth most likely. The only Pokemon I see being used in more than one Gym are Pikachu, the starters, and possibly Scraggy and Tranquill. I see the final tally being something like this:

Pikachu - 5 (Cress, Burgh, Elesa, Skyla, Iris/Drayden)
Tranquill/Unfezant - 1 (Skyla)
Oshawott/Dewott/Samurott - 5 (Cilan, Lenora, Clay, Brycen, Iris/Drayden)
Tepig/Pignite - 5 (Chili, Lenora, Burgh, Brycen, Iris/Drayden)
Snivy/Servine - 4 (Elesa, Clay, Brycen, Iris/Drayden)
Scraggy/Scrafty - 1 (Iris/Drayden)
Swadloon/Leavanny - 1 (Burgh)
Palpitoad - 1 (Elesa)
Boldore/Gigalith - 1 (Clay)

This does leave a few spots open for any more Pokemon Ash may catch.

pokeaussie37

For Clay's Gym Battle I'm predicting that along with Roggenrola/Boldore, Snivy will get used, as well as one of Swadloon or Scraggy. And then Tranquil will battle against Skyla and hopeully she will evolve in that one, or around Mistralton City, not necessarily in the Gym Battle.

Joltik-Kid

If Snivy isn't used against Clay, then she better get Grovyle treatment and be used against Skyla...which kinda is a good way to redeem it's lost to Emolga in Elesa's gym, plus someone made mention that Elesa commented that Snivy was pretty durable to Flying attacks...but Clay's gym is probably a safer bet....Tranquil should be a given in Skyla's gym(don't fail me writers)

Zariful

Since Tranquill's best bet is her being used in one gym which she better Star in

I think Swadloon will battle in this gym considering he was being trained with Ash in the deino episode

U know Why didn't the writers make ash go grab tranquill in burgh's battle
also knowing Ash i think he may use his newly evolved(HOPEFULLY) Unfeazeant against Brycen

tsunamimijumaru

Ash vs Clay

oshawott vs krokorock (oshawott)
oshawott vs palpitoad (palpitoad)
snivy vs palpitoad (palpitoad evolves)
snivy vs seismitoad (snivy)
snivy vs excadrill (excadrill)
roggenrola vs excadrill (roggenrola evolves)
boldore vs excadrill (boldore)

oshawott (1) snivy (1) boldore (1)

Ash vs Skyla

pikachu vs swoobat (swoobat)
boldore vs swoobat (boldore)
boldore vs swanna (swanna)
tranquill vs swanna (tranquill and evolves after winning)
unfezant vs unfezant (ash's unfezant)

pikachu (0) boldore (1) unfezant (2)

Ash vs Brycen

dewott vs vanilish (dewott and recalled)
scraggy vs cryogonal (scraggy)

Battle interupted by TR or TP

rematch

pignite vs vanillish (pignite and recalled)
unfezant vs cryogonal (unfezant)
unfezant vs vanilluxe (vanilluxe)
gigalith vs vanilluxe (gigalith but taken masssiv damage)
gigalith vs beartic (beartic)
pignite vs beartic (beartic)
snivy/servine vs beartic (snivy/servine overgrow leafstorm and leaf blade combo)

dewott (1) snivy/servine (1) pignite (1) scraggy (1) gigalith (1) unfezant (1)

Ash vs Iris

dewott vs emolga (emolga)
snivy/servine vs emolga (snivy/servine)
snivy/servine vs gothorita (snivy/servine)
snivy/servine vs excadrill (excadrill and recalled)
unfezant vs whimiscott (unfezant and recalled)
krookodile vs zweilous (krookodile and recalled)
unfezant vs excadrill (excadrill)
krookodile vs excadrill (excadrill)
pikachu vs excadrill (tie)
scraggy vs axew (scraggy with hi jump kick focus blast combo)

Ash vs Drayden

krookodile vs fraxure (krookodile and recalled)
dewott vs zweilous (dewott and recalled)
snivy/servine vs druddigon (druddigon)
pikachu vs druddigon (pikachu and recalled)
unfezant vs hydreigon (hydreigon)
krookodile vs hydreigon (krookodile)
krookodile vs haxorus (haxorus)
pikachu vs haxorus (haxorus)
dewott vs haxorus (dewott with hydro pump powered by torrent)

Pikachu (cress.burgh,elesa,skyla,iris and drayden)
Unfezant (skyla,brycen,iris and drayden)
Dewott (cilan,lenora,clay,brycen,iris and drayden)
Emboar (chilli,lenora,burgh,brycen)
Snivy/Servine (elesa,clay,brycen,iris and drayden)
Scraggy (brycen and iris)
Leavanny (burgh)
Palpitoad (elesa)
Gigalith (clay,skyla and brycen)
Krookodile (iris and drayden)

League Pokemon (Everyone)

Status
Not open for further replies.