• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Upcoming/In-theater Movie Discussion

ShadowKyogre443

오션 마스터
Since I couldn't find any active discussion threads about new movies, I contacted Profesco about the idea. He gave me an ok, so here it is.

Basically, just talk about new movies and how you think they were (if they were just recently released in-theaters) or how they might turn out (if they have not been released yet).

Keep in mind that there will be spoiler alerts from the conversations about in-theater movies people have seen.

ShadowKyogre443

오션 마스터
In case I need this post later, I'm reserving it.

Anyway to start off, how many people saw A Harold and Kumar Christmas?

Last edited:

Twentington

Outta here!
For the record, I never have, and never plan on seeing any Harold and Kumar movie.

Anyhow, going tomorrow to see the first part of Breaking Dawn (note: I am NOT a Twihard, I just got sucked into the books, then saw the movies). For the record, with the exception of the year long wait for Part 2, I'm willing to bet that I'll enjoy it.

BellyDrum

I love Harold and Kumar, but alas, no money until I start my new job next week. :(

I might get suckered into Breaking Dawn next week. I liked New Moon, and since I got all the books for Christmas, I made it my chore to finish reading the whole set... Breaking Dawn is probably the worst book I ever read in terms of character development, plot pacing and development, and just plain making sense. Stephanie Meyer definitely has issues from reading it, and I personally highly doubt she didn't steal a good deal of her material from the Sookie Stackhouse novels.

ShadowKyogre443

오션 마스터
Breaking Dawn is probably the worst book I ever read in terms of character development, plot pacing and development, and just plain making sense. Stephanie Meyer definitely has issues from reading it, and I personally highly doubt she didn't steal a good deal of her material from the Sookie Stackhouse novels.

Yeah, I agree. Recently I got bored so I picked up a copy of breaking dawn to see just how terrible it was. As I was reading it, I realized that the only reason Stephanie Meyer made money was because she abandoned major writing parts, and filled them in with crappy romance scenes that apparently appealed to teenage girls. Anyway, the movie just came out. I almost don't want to know about it, but who saw it?

Autis-misc

Abridger
I saw Eclipse, after that, I plan on seeing BD only because Bruno Mars has a song in it.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
The next film that I plan on going to see would be Happy Feet Two tomorrow afternoon. That being since it seems that the only film that I haven't seen that's actually seems worth seeing. I'm though glad that they are not having both the 3D and 2D versions of Breaking Dawn but only one verision instead. That is because of how stupid it seemed to me that they had two screens at my local theater showing the Harry Potter film back when it's out with one showing 2D version and the other showing the 3D version. Other than that , The Muppets seem like the only other film I would like to see when it comes out this upcoming week.

mrsora

Magically Delicious!
My girlfriend and I saw In Time last weekend and were pleasantly surprised. Its Orwellean influence was refreshing, and though it was exceptionally predictable, still a lot of fun to watch.

I personally can't wait for the next Sherlock Holmes movie. Holmes vs. Moriarty was always fun to read, and if the movie fills in around the trailer well, this is gonna be a heckuva fun movie :)

pirate555

Word.
I'm really interested in seeing the new movie about Margaret Thatcher (Iron Lady?), which is out in the new year. It may be the history buff in me, but I'm curious to see how they portray her. All I have is my dad's opinion on her, and he and my mother left the country while she was in power. Perhaps I'll get a more balanced perspective.

Autis-misc

Abridger
The Sea of Monsters is Due out 2013. I really hope they Dont change it again, because i Hope it will be out soon.

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
I just saw The Three Musketeers remake with some friends yesterday and i thought it was pretty good. That being said I am a fan of remakes in general, and i had not seen any of the previous films.

Victory

Banned
I'm going to see the Muppets for my birthday with 1 or 2 friends. Mom has to sit in the next isle, though!

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Just going to casually change the topic and say four months and four days until The Hunger Games comes out in the cinemas! :D

The trailer came out a few days ago and I must admit I am really impressed. My hopes are now higher than ever for this film, and I hope it doesn't disappoint. :]

ShadowKyogre443

오션 마스터
Just going to casually change the topic and say four months and four days until The Hunger Games comes out in the cinemas! :D

The trailer came out a few days ago and I must admit I am really impressed. My hopes are now higher than ever for this film, and I hope it doesn't disappoint. :]

Yeah I'm awaiting that one too :D
I hope they don't make the movie that much different than the book, because I think the movie would really lose it's foundation.

Aquanova

Im really looking forward to The Hunger Games. I recently became kind of obsessed with the series and watched the trailer. It looks awesome.

Lanik

I look forward to seeing the 14th Pokémon movie coming next month. I could get tickets to watch Victini & Reshiram and Victini & Zekrom since they're both worth watching.

ShadowKyogre443

오션 마스터
I look forward to seeing the 14th Pokémon movie coming next month. I could get tickets to watch Victini & Reshiram and Victini & Zekrom since they're both worth watching.

Same here. Though the only plot change in the two will be when the movie's respective legend (Reshiram or Zekrom) show up, both will be fun to watch. As a side note, I find it interesting that the movie's both had many of their locations inspired from France.

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
Hmm. The two movies I really wanna see when they come out are The Adventures of Tintin and Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (was that the right title?). Yeah, I'm a big fan of mystery. Tintin and Sherlock Holmes are awesome.

RANK UP