• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Upcoming Manga release thread

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Why don't we have one of these? Let's just make this instead of making a million threads that die quickly.

Shogakukan:
* Pocket Monsters Special volume 65 - March 28th, 2024.

VIZ Media:
* Pokémon Adventures: Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire volume 1 - January 9th, 2024.

Please note: If you do not have a source when posting a new release date, I will not add it.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
So Viz announced Volume 4 of Diamond and Pearl/Platinum eh? Got to make sure I get that one for sure and take a look at the BW mini volumes to see if I want to get them. Time to expand my manga bookshelf again.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Ooh a DPA box set? Awesome awesome.

But I can't be the only one a bit put out by how limited their releases are, can I? I mean, the box set isn't really "new", it's just getting rid of overstock now that the series is over. Special we knew about, so the only real surprise is the Zoroark manga and that's a one-shot.

What happened to new releases? Why are there no new series? How frustrating!

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Sorry but had to point this out but , wouldn`t the Viz Media release of Pokemon Adventures: Diamond and Pearl/Platinum vol 3 be on this list also. It`s coming out on October 4th of this year. I`d thought to point that out since that I didn`t see that it was on that list. Now that this has been cleared up , Kinda shocks me to see the Zoroark movie manga adaption be coming out this soon. I`d kinda thought that they wouldn`t release it till sometime before we got the Victini movies airing on Cartoon Network.

lolipiece

Staff member
Soon? The movie came out half a year ago...

lolipiece

Staff member
The cover for the fourth volume of Pokemon Black & White has been revealed.

...Yes, this thread is about that too.
[img139]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/386/bwvolume4.png[/img139]

SmartD

The cover for the fourth volume of Pokemon Black & White has been revealed.

...Yes, this thread is about that too.
[img139]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/386/bwvolume4.png[/img139]

Cool. Judging by the cover, the chapters are probably going to be:

Black & White in Nacrene City
Black vs Lenora (1)
Black vs Lenora (2)

It looks like it.

lolipiece

Staff member
Only if the chapter with Fennel isn't in volume 3.

SmartD

I noticed something just now. On the cover, Gigi's bow is pink, but it's really blue according to a magazine cover. Guess Viz didn't know that.

lolipiece

Staff member
She can always have multiple bows.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
* Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Adventure! Box Set - October 25, 2011

Oh, nice! Maybe I'll finally be able to read the whole series. My local Barns & Noble has volume 1 (which I have) and nothing after that until volume 6 (I think - didn't get it because I tuned into the series too late for them to still stock the volumes in between). Makes it kind of hard to read a series.
(Plus ordering from them doesn't work with manga - I ordered volume one of some series or another and ended up with volume two of a completely different series . . . in Spanish!)

Arahabaki

Come at me bro.
i recently got into the manga and im pretty confused. i see that the Pokémon Adventures: Diamond and Pearl/Platinum starts as a new numbered series, is that the same as the volume 30+ in japan?

lolipiece

Staff member
Yes. Viz is releasing it as a separate series (note: It isn't one) so they can release it faster. The same for the Black & White chapter.

However, they are not releasing volumes 15 - 29 (RS/FRLG/E) anytime soon.

Arahabaki

Come at me bro.
okay thanks. and is heartgold and soulsilver chapter still going on in japan?

lolipiece

Staff member
Yes and no.

It's no longer being released in the magazines that publish Pokemon Adventures but will be collected into the volumes sometime later. (Probably by next year).

The volumes will be the full version (certain stuff is not put in the magazines due to time restraints).

Arahabaki

Come at me bro.
did it finish up or did it just get dropped?

lolipiece

Staff member
If it was dropped, then the entire series would be dropped.

Now let's drop this discussion.
[img139]http://www.previewsworld.com/public/catalog_images/STK_IMAGES/STK440001-460000/STK453532.jpg[/img139]

The DPA Box set looks like this.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
did it finish up or . . ?

It another one of those "yes and no" sort of things. The manga "finished" in a magazines to make room for the next arc (B/W). However, the magazine ending is not the same as the real end of the arc, which won't be revealed until the volumes are released.

With PokeSpe, the final version of the story arcs are released in the volumes. I know this analogy isn't exactly accurate, but think of the magazine releases as "rough drafts" or "teasers" for the final version in the volumes. The magazine releases can also be shortened to make room for the more current arc to be presented in the magazine, but the volumes will continue to be released in order (and with any luck, also translated and released over here eventually).

[img139]http://www.previewsworld.com/public/catalog_images/STK_IMAGES/STK440001-460000/STK453532.jpg[/img139]

The DPA Box set looks like this.
Cool. (I'll finally be able to read the whole thing!)

Last edited:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
*grabbyhands* I don't care if it's 60 bucks for something I already have. I'll be stimulating the economy or whatever excuse I can think of.