1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming Manga release thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Manga Discussion' started by lolipiece, Aug 25, 2011.

1. lolipiece

lolipiece Now that's using your noodle Staff Member Moderator

They're still being released in Japan.

The Black & White chapter is something that they did outside of Japan to cash in on the Black and White games release.

2. OnceUponATime

OnceUponATime Wicked

Thanks! I was wondering because I've read Gold, Silver and Crystal, Ruby and Saphire, Emerald, and FireRed and LeafGreen. I wanted to skip to HeartGold and SoulSilver just because I like the characters, Gold, Silver, and Crystal and all of their Poke's.

3. RiRiGaGaLover

RiRiGaGaLover Well-Known Member

EDIT - Nevermind.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  4. lolipiece

[img139]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/7643/herooffireandthundervol.png[/img139]

Fire and Thunder's first (and only) volume cover revealed.

5. SmartD

SmartD Well-Known Member

6. starshapes

starshapes Rising Star

O.K. quick question here. Hopefully someone will help out a newbie.

I have volumes 1-14 of Pokemon Adventures. I also have the BW manga and all the DP that Viz has released. Obviously, I have a gaping hole in my collection: the RSE arc and the FRLG arc. Will Viz release, or at least start releasing, them in the latter half of 2012?

If I want to collect 15-29 where can I do so. Ebay seems dodgy and I figure someone knows a reliable place where I could buy the whole set, hopefully at some type of discount for buying bulk. However, is the Chaung Yi set high quality? Is the spine hard like Viz's releases or it is a soft book like Electric Tale of Pikachu. I would imagine the former but some pictures I have seen make me uncertain.

Help, or a point in the right direction, is much appreciated.

7. Platinum fan.

Platinum fan. RetiredPokemonMaster

DPPt 5th volume and BW's 8th min volume? Wish List time for me. As for the question above me, we don't yet know when/if Viz will release volumes 15-29. It would be in their best interest to do so, because
    A: People want those volumes as well.
    B: What are they going to do when DPPt runs out? If anything having volumes 15-29 would help balance out DPPt and BW so even if they get to far in DPPt and BW and need to hault it for a second they have the older volumes to fall back on while the current ones recover and have a chance to catch up.

The only way to 15-29 is the Chaung Yi version by importing. If you can afford it. I know I can't.

8. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Well-Known Member Staff Member

I've been buying the Chuang Yi books off Ebay for a few years now, and it's always been a good experience. Nothing "dodgy" about it. So if you want volumes 15-29, Ebay is a good place to go to (and really, I don't know where else you could get them...)

I'm not sure what you mean by whether the spine is hard or not (my CY books' spines do feel the same as my Viz DPA books' spines though), but I would say that the CY volumes are high quality. I have never had a reason to think otherwise.

9. Shymain

Shymain Shaymin Lover

10. ReiZerou

ReiZerou Well-Known Member

They really like to publish these stuff. Or not, because still no news of RS,FRLG,E arcs. There's still one week to go before I turn 18 and then I'm going to buy at least vol. 15 and 16 from ebay, because I'm sick of waiting.

If every BW mini volume contains three chapters we will be at the Ferris Wheel in July. Nice.

11. starshapes

starshapes Rising Star

Thanks that makes me feel better. I guess "dodgy" was too strong of a word but it feels like a different experience buying them off Ebay. Basically the primary seller was missing a couple of volumes, namely the Emerald Arc, and I couldn't buy what I needed in one fell swoop.

So what does everyone think of the RSE FRLG arc. I liked the DP arc, or at the least the ones Viz has released, but it is worth my money to grab RSE and FRLG? Nine dollars fifty a pop isn't cheap. That seems to be the going rate on EBAY. Can someone look at the link at the bottom and tell me about their experiences, or just their topical opinion, about the seller.

For some reason, it seems like 15-25 are 9.50 but 26-29 are 19 dollars each.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ENGLISH-COM...363799?pt=US_Comics_Manga&hash=item230b2d26d7

12. RiRiGaGaLover

RiRiGaGaLover Well-Known Member

So... They are releasing these mini chapters of b&w, those are part if the Adventures series correct? They are going to release full chapters of those eventually right? I don't want to pay 5.00 for three chapters per book.

13. Juputoru

Juputoru M-m-m-m-onobear?!

I don't think it's been said for certain, but I'd hope they would. Though it's hard to say when they're start releasing full-length volumes - I doubt they'd want to cut into the sales of the mini-volumes too soon.

14. Lacrimosus

Lacrimosus New Member

Hi there, first post, just like to make it clear im an entire novice to manga :)

I found the entire prospect of getting into Pokémon manga daunting, so many different arcs and volumes and publishers, so as you can imagine, when viz announced the re-release of Pokémon adventures (what appears to be the primary manga?) in a 'second edition' format I was thrilled.

I havent yet bought any though, and im very confused.

I noticed that volumes 1-14 are readily available in this 'second edition' format, which covers RGB, Yellow & GSC - all wrapped up nicely. But yet, it doesn't seem like volume 15 is about to be released to kick-start ruby and sapphire off. But I see that diamond and pearl are being released and from '1', and black and white...

I assume black and white is the current arc, and that it is ongoing - no problem, but what about this 'second edition', did they stop at 14 and start again from 30... missing out a portion? Is 'Pokemon Adventures Platinum' (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pokemon-Adv..._1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1320718882&sr=1-1)even part of this second release, afterall, the link does show it starting from 1 and not 30.

So confused, I was just hoping that the current 1-14 wouldn't stop there, but would be 1-38 at least.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  15. e9310103838

e9310103838 Well-Known Member

First edition issued volume1-7,

and second edition after it issued volume1-14 (include first round in volume15 )

DPPt is issued directly as volume1, and volume15-29 are skipped.

BW is also issued directly, but it is not yet release the volumes in Japan.

So it is the interception of the contents of the magazine, and assembled a few round issued a volume. ;193;

16. Ememew

Ememew Emerald Mew

Just to add to the answer above. Don't worry. You've pretty much got it, Viz is unfortunately skipping the stuff between G/S/C and D/P. Its confusing and annoying to a lot of fans.

Why Viz is skipping them is not known, but the top theories are:
    1) They feel R/S/Fr/Lg/E are too violent (or otherwise controversial) to be released for kids and don't feel as though they can sell a Pokemon manga with a higher rating. If this is the case we may never get it, so I hope it isn't. Considering their edits to Crystal's meeting with her mom, though, there is legitimacy behind this theory.

2) They feel that as the third-gen games are not recent enough, kids wouldn't buy the arcs revolving around unfamiliar characters. Even though R/G/B/Y/Fr/Lg were "old" as well, they acted as a direct prequel to to G/S/C, and were released to tie in with the HeartGold and SoulSilver games. The 3rd gen arcs weren't referenced in D/P/Pt until much later, and were overlooked by Viz as something the fans wouldn't buy. If true, Viz underestimates the fans, who are already buying the series and would likely continue to do so even if they didn't already know about the third gen games simply because, well, they already like the series. Not to mention that had they kept the original volumes, with the last chapter of G/S/C included with the beginning of R/S, the fans would have been introduced to the 3rd gen cast as they finished the arc they were already reading.

3) Related to 2, they are holding off on releasing the volumes to coincide with the speculated release of R/S/E remakes. However, this means that they're basing their decision on a "maybe" (even though the maybe has precedent), which seems a little unprofessional. Even so, this reason provides the most hope for their eventual release - though leaves questions about the fates of the Fr/Lg and Emerald arcs, and the later HG/SS arc.

As for the Platinum arc, I hope it will be translated normally after D/P ends, but as that's when the skipped arcs will come into play, there are concerns among the fanbase that it will be skipped as well. Especially since by then the earliest 4th gen games will be "old." This mostly relates to speculated reason number 2. Though as Platinum (not fully, anyway), HG/SS and B/W are not even in volumes in Japan yet, I wouldn't worry about them at the moment. (Other than the fact that the mini-B/W volumes are likely to confuse some readers that don't know that the magazine releases in Japan are as odd as they are, spread across 3 magazines and not "complete" until the volume release.)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  17. kawaii-lurve

kawaii-lurve kawaii!

18. lolipiece

Took 'em long enough.

Volume 40 better come out soon or they probably won't release volume 39 for a while.

19. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Well-Known Member Staff Member

20. lolipiece