• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Upcoming Manga release thread

Maxim

Beyond repair
May... Meh, that's still long time.

But at least it's finally revealed. They should really speed up if they don't want HGSS Saga to suck completely (although my hopes aren't high).

e9310103838

[img139]http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/6601/i0bqz.jpg[/img139]

Pokemon Adventures volume 40 confirmed for a May 2012 release.

Yay. Now the whining and "When's volume 40 gonna come out!?" crap can end.

So, we get volume 40 cover at the end of April?

I thought that we should have a volume content at least in Paltinum chapter.

In view of the current round of the chapter at least 35 rounds, we only get 14 rounds in Paltinum chapter in Volume 39.

Unless they intend to finish the work over. ;041;

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
So, we get volume 40 cover at the end of April?

I thought that we should have a volume content at least in Paltinum chapter.

In view of the current round of the chapter at least 35 rounds, we only get 14 rounds in Paltinum chapter in Volume 39.

Unless they intend to finish the work over. ;041;

Volume 40 is being made from scratch. Hence why it took so long to come out.

SmartD

[img139]http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/6601/i0bqz.jpg[/img139]

Pokemon Adventures volume 40 confirmed for a May 2012 release.

Yay. Now the whining and "When's volume 40 gonna come out!?" crap can end.

Nice. This is going to be cool.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I honestly don't mind the long wait and at least a release date has been set. I have high expectations for volume 40 if it is indeed the final of the Platinum arc so by all means take your time. Volume 38 and 39 of the DP and Platinum arcs have not disappointed me so this one shouldn't either. My only real complaint about the Platinum arc is how short it is going to be, but if volume 40 is jumbo sized like the Viz version of volume 14 then it's all good.

Red_the_knight

Pokemon Warrior
Oh, if only I could read Japanese just like you can, lolipiece.
As for volume 40, finally! So it comes out in May. That's okay, I can wait. I still have class to go over anyway. Plus, if this is the final chapter for Platinum, I can bring the music for a Hallalua. I can finally finish up the Adventure Chronicle Project along with HGSS if they make another volume. I have no idea how long it takes for one volume to be done anyway, even if its written in Viz or Changi Yu.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Nice to know that volume 40 is coming out soon!

I can't believe Special's up to 40 volumes now. It feels like it was only yesterday that there were only like 20 volumes out. o_O

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
May... Meh, that's still long time.

But at least it's finally revealed. They should really speed up if they don't want HGSS Saga to suck completely (although my hopes aren't high).
Not really. Its almost February now, which means we'll only have to wait 4 more months for it, which, isn't that the usual amount of time we have to wait anyway? But even if its not, its still not too bad. Could always be longer.

And how would rushing things not make things "suck completely"? If anything it'd do the opposite, and make them suck more. It'd be better to give them more time to do what they need to for the volume forms so it could be a better quality product.

IMy only real complaint about the Platinum arc is how short it is going to be, but if volume 40 is jumbo sized like the Viz version of volume 14 then it's all good.
I would love for it to be a jumbo-sized volume. If they are going to make them end Platinum in that volume its the least the Japanese publishers could do for Kusaka and Yamamoto.

Out of curiosity though, has it been confirmed Platinum will end in volume 40? Or is it still just speculation on our part?

Maxim

Beyond repair
Not really. Its almost February now, which means we'll only have to wait 4 more months for it, which, isn't that the usual amount of time we have to wait anyway? But even if its not, its still not too bad. Could always be longer.

Add the six months that we've been waiting so far.

6 + 4 = 10. That's not the "usual time".

And how would rushing things not make things "suck completely"? If anything it'd do the opposite, and make them suck more. It'd be better to give them more time to do what they need to for the volume forms so it could be a better quality product.

You're so mistaken here.

In this case, the quicker, the better. Because they have to catch up with stuff. And it's obvious that Kusaka & Yamamoto won't be working ages to better Platinum and HGSS sagas. So, the more time we wait, the chances that Plat/HGSS will be "sacrificed" for BW are getting bigger. The more time it takes to release one volume, the shorter the arc will be.

They should be releasing many volumes in little time. But if they release one volume EVERY 10 MONTHS then don't count on HGSS lasting more than one volume. Kusaka and Yamamoto's focus is now on BW, deal with it.

It's about quantity rather than quality now. There's no quality without enough quantity.

Last edited:

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
Add the six months that we've been waiting so far.

6 + 4 = 10. That's not the "usual time".
I meant the time we have to wait NOW is the usual time, so it shouldn't be too hard. Sorry, I should have noted that. Something told me to...

You're so mistaken here.

In this case, the quicker, the better. Because they have to catch up with stuff. And it's obvious that Kusaka & Yamamoto won't be working ages to better Platinum and HGSS sagas. So, the more time we wait, the chances that Plat/HGSS will be "sacrificed" for BW are getting bigger. The more time it takes to release one volume, the shorter the arc will be.

They should be releasing many volumes in little time. But if they release one volume EVERY 10 MONTHS then don't count on HGSS lasting more than one volume. Kusaka and Yamamoto's focus is now on BW, deal with it.

It's about quantity rather than quality now. There's no quality without enough quantity.
No I'm not. Because I realize everything you just said. You see, I'm not saying they should wait for the heck of it, just for them to take the time they need to get them done and then release it as soon as it is finished. Because while you're right the sooner they get things out and caught up the better, but at the same time they can't just rush for the sake of rushing or else the content will suffer. They need to take a middle ground approach, especially in the case of something like volume 40, which is all original content.

And lol yeah, I realize BW is Kusaka and Yamamoto's current focus, and have no problem "deal"ing with that.

Last edited:

Red_the_knight

Pokemon Warrior
Today is February. And so it begins!

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I wonder when viz will release the cover for DP 6 aka PokeSpecial volume 35. Unless they have done it already and I just haven't seen it yet.

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
I meant the time we have to wait NOW is the usual time, so it shouldn't be too hard. Sorry, I should have noted that. Something told me to...

No I'm not. Because I realize everything you just said. You see, I'm not saying they should wait for the heck of it, just for them to take the time they need to get them done and then release it as soon as it is finished. Because while you're right the sooner they get things out and caught up the better, but at the same time they can't just rush for the sake of rushing or else the content will suffer. They need to take a middle ground approach, especially in the case of something like volume 40, which is all original content.

And lol yeah, I realize BW is Kusaka and Yamamoto's current focus, and have no problem "deal"ing with that.

I agree with you on that. Remembering how disappointing the HGSS arc in the magazines was. I prefer for Kusaka to take his time and give us a volume that will satisfy me when I've read it. It's okay that they're focusing on BW they're taking their time with that arc and look how good it is. Plus now the end of the Platinum arc and HGSS arc will be a total surprise for us, which I don't mind, because I'll be satisfied more when I start reading it.

I wonder how the cover will look like and the back cover, I am sure netkun will have posted it in March on the site.

I heard that on bulbapedia that volume 14 of black and white was coming out.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Give it till July 2013 for that PokeSpecial Black and White mini-volume 14 would come out. Though the only two things that would make it doubtful is that (1) Them Mayan Indians say that the world is ending on the 21st of December this year and (2) We might have completed the arc already. Besides that , It is just as false info about the 14th volume of Viz Media's mini-publication of the 10th chapter of the PokeSpecial.

Other than that , I wouldn't doubt that Chung Yi would be publishing Pokemon Adventures Volume 39 soon since that volume 40 is coming soon. Then again it would be until the 41st or 42nd volume to come out in Japan till they would have volume 39 published by Chung Yi since Chung is only about 1 volume behind the original Japan version. Besides that , I can't wait till they would release the cover art of the 40th volume. Though I hope that Looker and Platinum would both be on the cover.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
[img139]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9098/noiretblance.png[/img139]

France's version of Pokemon Black & White seems to be bigger than the VIZ one. Their volume 3 seems to be our volume 6.

The upside, more chapters a volumes, the downside, more waiting time.

e9310103838

[img139]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9098/noiretblance.png[/img139]

France's version of Pokemon Black & White seems to be bigger than the VIZ one. Their volume 3 seems to be our volume 6.

The upside, more chapters a volumes, the downside, more waiting time.

Cool cover. ;186;

Lumineon457

I was talking about that they might release Volumes 15 - 29 starting next December since that they didn't have Volume 36 (Volume 7 in the Viz Translation of the DPPt arc) listed as the next number in sequence. Though if it was the part about the pages for the 3rd gen arc on Viz Kids site , I meant that Volume 35 had info for the volume plus release date while the placeholder pages for Volumes 15 - 29 just had the intended release date only. Hope that clears that up for you on that about the 3rd gen arcs by the way.

Actually, I don't think she shows up until Volume 37 (DPPt Volume 8), which would be in June of 2013. Here's hoping for a last minute announcement of monthly releases of the Gen III arcs! The specific event happens in Volume 26 and is discussed in Volume 38, but Sird first appears in Volume 23, so September or October at the latest? June or July, to get all of FrLg out of the way? Bimonthly, they would have had to have started last December or (Surprise!) October.

Last edited: