• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Upcoming Manga release thread

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
They need Emerald as well.

Remember? Archie? Guile Hideout?

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Yeah , It is Volume 37 that Sird appears in the DP arc instead of Volume 36. I just thought that since that the Volume 36 would be the 7th volume of the Viz release of the series. But hey , I think that the reason why the page for Volume 37 (8th in the Viz Release) doesn't link to the DP arc is that they could be releasing the RS , FRLG , and Emerald arc next year as Viz BIG edition books. That would kinda make sense since that (1) to avoid confusion about Sird and (2) 2013 marks the 10th anniversary of the 3rd generation in North America. By my calculation of if they release bimonthly , We could have all of the missing volumes in 2013 if they do the Viz BIG edition books.

matt0044

They could also pause the DPPt release before Volume 8 along with releasing the Gen 3 arcs so when it's all done, they can release Volume 8. It's not like the DPPt arc would go out of print during the pause. Or at least slow down the releases after Volume 5. With the VIZ BIGs, they'll have the advantage.

Lumineon457

They need Emerald as well.

Remember? Archie? Guile Hideout?

Right, I forgot about the armor…

March (thus "last minute")? Keep in mind, If they start (monthly) in June or July, Emerald will finish before she spoils anything. Volume 38 is the one with the conversation.

Actually, I don't think she shows up until Volume 37 (DPPt Volume 8), which would be in June of 2013. Here's hoping for a last minute announcement of monthly releases of the Gen III arcs! The specific event happens in Volume 26 and is discussed in Volume 38, but Sird first appears in Volume 23, so September or October at the latest? June or July, to get all of FrLg out of the way? Bimonthly, they would have had to have started last December or (Surprise!) October.

You stand correct. I remember making a graph predicting Pokemon Adventures releases ahead of time; unfortunately since October was suppose to be volume 15 ( had chapter 14 not contain the last chapter of the GSC saga ) , we would be on volume 17 right now, so basically, the delay has bumped the manga releases to TBA.
Yeah , It is Volume 37 that Sird appears in the DP arc instead of Volume 36. I just thought that since that the Volume 36 would be the 7th volume of the Viz release of the series. But hey , I think that the reason why the page for Volume 37 (8th in the Viz Release) doesn't link to the DP arc is that they could be releasing the RS , FRLG , and Emerald arc next year as Viz BIG edition books. That would kinda make sense since that (1) to avoid confusion about Sird and (2) 2013 marks the 10th anniversary of the 3rd generation in North America. By my calculation of if they release bimonthly , We could have all of the missing volumes in 2013 if they do the Viz BIG edition books.

This makes a whole lot of sense. Rather wait for 2-3 more years of manga releases, why not try that? We should email Viz about that idea. After all, has the My First Wide Ruby Sapphire manga volume 2 been released yet? Another factor; Firered and Leafgreen only span three volumes whereas Emerald spans 4.

Last edited:

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
Volume 38 is the one with the conversation.
Yes, but volume 37 is the one where Saque first appears and where the silhouette of Emerald is seen, if memory serves. There's spoilers in both volumes.

matt0044

Yes, but volume 37 is the one where Saque first appears and where the silhouette of Emerald is seen, if memory serves. There's spoilers in both volumes.

They could make Volume 6 a cliffhanger before releasing Volume 7 after the Gen 3 arcs are released.

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
They could make Volume 6 a cliffhanger before releasing Volume 7 after the Gen 3 arcs are released.
That could work.

But Emerald' silhouette was also in Round 181.
True, but a first-time reader wouldn't know that. They'd just think it's something to reference the game, or Ruby or Sapphire or something. This silhouette shows all of the Dexholders, and people will wonder who Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald are, and people should recognize Red, Green, Blue and Yellow but they might wonder why they look older and are wearing different outfits. Gold, Silver and Crystal look a bit older as well, but not as much and are in the same outfits so there shouldn't be any problems with them.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster

Viz shot themselves in the foot when they decided not to run the gen 3 arcs after volume 14. The BW mini volumes are going to take even longer due to recent events of their magazines. If they do the cliffhanger like you said hopefully they'll pull a Naruto and like release three-four gen 3 volumes a month (Because I want those volumes on my bookshelf as soon as possible). If they wait to long DPPt will become a little too old and unmarketable by Viz standards and there is a chance they might skip it like they are currently skipping gen 3, it wouldn't be the first time they dropped Pokemon Adventures. I still think they are waiting for a RS remake and they don't know how to edit the violent arc. RS is the most violent Pokemon chapter there is. In the recent Pokemon Adventure volume they won't even address drowning, you either "sink" or "faint underwater" not that I have a problem with those censors, heck I think those actually are good ways to avoid the word "drown".

Lumineon457

What they should have done is not put it in VIZKids. For example, many manga that are adapted into anime that 4Kids or another dubbing studio markets to kids gets released unedited (Yu-Gi-Oh! is rated T; BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBo is T+).

ReiZerou

It's possible that none of this is VIZ's fault. TPCi might force them to keep Adventures marketable to kids and wait for the 3rd Gen remakes. TPCi owns all the the rights to Pokémon, so they probably want to make sure its fame is under control. This might also explain why Pokémon Adventures is censored a lot. And when Viz releases the 3rd Gen storyarcs together with the remakes, TPCi can get more money out of it. Heck do they care if fans get confused from jumping to future volumes.

I might be wrong, but it is possible. TPCi actually controls the Finnish dub of Pokémon anime so that all the moves are kept in English. They also want that the script strictly follows the English translation, so that everything is translated literally. And believe me, if the translator doesn't do as they wish, he can lose his job.

We could actually have it even worse if our translator hadn't asked for a compromise: originally TPCi wanted every item, ability and term to remain in English. It would have been very difficult for the voice actors, since Finnish and English pronunciation differ greatly from each other. And it would have sounded freaking stupid if every other word was in English. And Finnish kids don't even know English very well, because we will learn it first time when we are 10 or even 13. Not everyone who watch the anime play the games, which are in English here. Finland is the only Scandinavian country where only moves are in English and nothing else. Others have the more strict rules.

Lumineon457

It's possible that none of this is VIZ's fault. TPCi might force them to keep Adventures marketable to kids and wait for the 3rd Gen remakes. TPCi owns all the the rights to Pokémon, so they probably want to make sure its fame is under control. This might also explain why Pokémon Adventures is censored a lot. And when Viz releases the 3rd Gen storyarcs together with the remakes, TPCi can get more money out of it. Heck do they care if fans get confused from jumping to future volumes.

I might be wrong, but it is possible. TPCi actually controls the Finnish dub of Pokémon anime so that all the moves are kept in English. They also want that the script strictly follows the English translation, so that everything is translated literally. And believe me, if the translator doesn't do as they wish, he can lose his job.

We could actually have it even worse if our translator hadn't asked for a compromise: originally TPCi wanted every item, ability and term to remain in English. It would have been very difficult for the voice actors, since Finnish and English pronunciation differ greatly from each other. And it would have sounded freaking stupid if every other word was in English. And Finnish kids don't even know English very well, because we will learn it first time when we are 10 or even 13. Not everyone who watch the anime play the games, which are in English here. Finland is the only Scandinavian country where only moves are in English and nothing else. Others have the more strict rules.

This has been established, actually. But, I don't think we're getting remakes (demakes would be cool, though). I think it's just the earthquake/tsunami/nuclear leak last year that's caused the delay.

Lumineon457

True, but a first-time reader wouldn't know that. They'd just think it's something to reference the game, or Ruby or Sapphire or something. This silhouette shows all of the Dexholders, and people will wonder who Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald are, and people should recognize Red, Green, Blue and Yellow but they might wonder why they look older and are wearing different outfits. Gold, Silver and Crystal look a bit older as well, but not as much and are in the same outfits so there shouldn't be any problems with them.

pkm15_061.jpg

Aquarelle

Staff member
pkm15_061.jpg

I don't think that picture really spoils anything or whatever. I think most people who don't know about Emerald would just think it's some random kid they put in (at least, that's what I thought before it was revealed that the kid in the picture was Emerald).

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
That's because it was a random kid before it was retconned into being Emerald.

Also, can we move this discussion to somewhere else? Thread's kinda getting clogged.

Jade

Myuu...
is vol 38 out in Singapore yet? What about vol 39?