• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Upcoming Manga release thread

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
The websites still don't show the covers? Well that's alright. At this point I can't see them not putting out these volumes. Still really excited to collect these volumes. It feels like I've been waiting for ages to collect the RS and FRLG arcs and stuff them between my GSC and DPPt volumes. At last a dream of Platinum fan's will be come true. Given the Length of HGSS those volumes will probably be the first to finish, even before DPPt's end.

SlimeStack

The websites still don't show the covers? Well that's alright. At this point I can't see them not putting out these volumes. Still really excited to collect these volumes. It feels like I've been waiting for ages to collect the RS and FRLG arcs and stuff them between my GSC and DPPt volumes. At last a dream of Platinum fan's will be come true. Given the Length of HGSS those volumes will probably be the first to finish, even before DPPt's end.

Yeah about HGSS... does anyone know if we'll have parts of RS/FRLG/E spoiled by any characters or events in HGSS since we'll be seeing it first?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Yeah about HGSS... does anyone know if we'll have parts of RS/FRLG/E spoiled by any characters or events in HGSS since we'll be seeing it first?

Uh, the entire Giovanni is Silver's dad plot.

matt0044

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
The only thing that I can think of that will definitely spoil some parts of the 3rd Gen arcs will be Sird's whole backstory in final volume of the DP arc/first volume of the Platinum arc.

Besides, I kinda get a feeling that we will be getting volume 41 for the HGSS Vol 1 since it's going to technicaly the same case as DPPt volume 1 and volume 30. Though what makes me wonder is if our BW volume 1 will be either volume 43 with the HGSS chapters taking out or something like France's publication of the BW arc.

SlimeStack

The only thing that I can think of that will definitely spoil some parts of the 3rd Gen arcs will be Sird's whole backstory in final volume of the DP arc/first volume of the Platinum arc.

Besides, I kinda get a feeling that we will be getting volume 41 for the HGSS Vol 1 since it's going to technicaly the same case as DPPt volume 1 and volume 30. Though what makes me wonder is if our BW volume 1 will be either volume 43 with the HGSS chapters taking out or something like France's publication of the BW arc.

Amazon says 192 pages for Viz's version and 208 for the Japanese version. So I guess Viz could have taken out the end of HGSS if it can be finished in a single 16 page chapter. From what I can tell, all of Viz's full volumes are identical to the Japanese ones except with a couple of chapters moved around so that arcs don't run into a separate line of books.

e9310103838

French Vol.6 cover release, then published on March 14.

d4628535e5dde711ee237d3da7efce1b9c166103.jpg

It's still cool, although Fraxure's eyes was painted the wrong color XD ;115;

RiRiGaGaLover

This will probably sound like a silly question but in the box sets, specifically the Gold and Silver box set, are the volumes exactly what they would be like if I bought them individually? I'm just asking because I've bought other box sets of books before and sometimes the books are shorter than usual (in terms of height), not as much art on the front and back covers, etc.

SlimeStack

This will probably sound like a silly question but in the box sets, specifically the Gold and Silver box set, are the volumes exactly what they would be like if I bought them individually? I'm just asking because I've bought other box sets of books before and sometimes the books are shorter than usual (in terms of height), not as much art on the front and back covers, etc.

My RBY volumes look the same as the ones sold on amazon separately, and they're in the same style as my separate GSC ones.

Rex Kamex

Since there are 4 chapters of HGSS and 4 chapters of BW in the 43rd volume, how do you think Viz will divide it? Perhaps even the number of pages in volumes 41 and 42? Or leave it alone?

SlimeStack

Since there are 4 chapters of HGSS and 4 chapters of BW in the 43rd volume, how do you think Viz will divide it? Perhaps even the number of pages in volumes 41 and 42? Or leave it alone?

Hopefully they'll even them out since there's only 2 volumes. Our they could make a tradition of Johto stories ending with fat books! :p

I'm more curious about what they're gonna do with BW vol 1 if there's only 4 chapters.

Macromind101

Is Viz gonna re-release the BW chapters in longer volumes or leave it as they currently are, with three rounds per volume? I hope it's the former because first, three rounds per volume? Really? And second, Kusaka will probably make some edits to the BW chapter when releasing them in volume format so I hope Viz releases the BW volumes with those changes as well.