• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Upcoming Manga release thread

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Could be worse. Could've used the shot where Skyla introduced the Celestial Tower.

matt0044

Could be worse. Could've used the shot where Skyla introduced the Celestial Tower.

*eyes shift back and forth*

How'd that shot go again?

SmartD

Black and White Vol. 9 came out today. Does anyone know how many chapters does it have? And what are the chapters in the volume?

lolipiece

Staff member
Black and White Vol. 9 came out today. Does anyone know how many chapters does it have? And what are the chapters in the volume?

Most importantly: if it has the chapter where Black starts his Gym battle against Clay, what is the English name of Black's Tirtouga?

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Most importantly: if it has the chapter where Black starts his Gym battle against Clay, what is the English name of Black's Tirtouga?

Nope. It's Black VS. Zorua at the drawbridge, White and Shauntal on the Battle Subway, and Black & Cheren VS. Team Plasma in the Cold Storage.

lolipiece

Staff member
Nope. It's Black VS. Zorua at the drawbridge, White and Shauntal on the Battle Subway, and Black & Cheren VS. Team Plasma in the Cold Storage.

Dang.

And the titles? Oh, and the English name for White's Deerling?

Last edited:

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Dang.

And the titles? Oh, and the English name for White's Deerling?

29: "Drawing Bridges"

30: "A Stormy Time in the Battle Subway"

31: "Fight in a Cold Climate"

Deerling's nickname is Darling.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Pokèmon Adventures Volume 19 releasing on November 5th by VIZ

Have to add that I'm really glad to see that Viz is releasing these volumes at a steady rate. Just the fact that FRLG is going to be out next year if Viz decides to go in in Volume 22, plus the fact that both the 4th gen arcs and the current BW arc is really cool. Before you know it, We might even be on the same page as the original Japanese print

Last edited:

Giratina_ruler

Have to add that I'm really glad to see that Viz is releasing these volumes at a steady rate. Just the fact that FRLG is going to be out next year if Viz decides to go in in Volume 22, plus the fact that both the 4th gen arcs and the current BW arc is really cool. Before you know it, We might even be on the same page as the original Japanese print

So it was confirmed we are getting the FRLG arc? Sorry if it was stated I'm little slow on the updates, just found the RBGY boxset and started collecting.

SlimeStack

IIRC the first BW volume is out 6 or so months after the Japanese one. So we should be about half a year behind Japan with some gaps in Gen III and IV. It's not too bad considering how long Viz waited to start translating the manga.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
So it was confirmed we are getting the FRLG arc?

Not exactly. Though it could be if VIZ decides to after the RS arc is done which is in the same volume that FRLG ends.

IIRC the first BW volume is out 6 or so months after the Japanese one. So we should be about half a year behind Japan with some gaps in Gen III and IV. It's not too bad considering how long Viz waited to start translating the manga.

Yeah, That plus the fact they've gotten out about 19 volumes that weren't published here before plus the reprints of the first 7 that were released first here back when Pokémon first came here in just the span of just roughly 4 1/2 years. So that's roughly 26 volumes that they have released here since they restarted back in June of 2009.

Besides, I kinda wouldn't mind if VIZ (quite possibly the Shonnen Jump division) picks up to start releasing Reburst here. Though I'm happy right now with the outpour of PokeSpecial currently from Viz.

Macromind101

If HGSS only hvae two volumes, we will probably not get Palmer on back cover. ;488;

I am still raging about how they never bothered to put the Sinnoh trio on a backcover. There's not even an official art of them.

And I really wish that they would have put the Rocket Generals on a backcover instead of the Johto Elite Four (who were already on backcovers before, or at least the majority of them).

Hey guys. Isn't Vol. 16 of Pokemon Adventures out today?
If so, did anyone get their copy early and would mind telling details about any changes or names and stuff in that volume?

EverChanger

エヴァーチェンジャー
Hey guys. Isn't Vol. 16 of Pokemon Adventures out today?
If so, did anyone get their copy early and would mind telling details about any changes or names and stuff in that volume?

My evil bookstore decided they wouldn't get them in anymore, otherwise I'd have it by now. If nobody else replies, I'll post when it arrives. :)

@ Ever Changer: ah, alright.
I pre-ordered mine from Amazon, and it shipped out today. Supposedly, it will arrive either Tomorrow or Thursday. Either way, if no one else has the book in that time, I'll post some info. Though I'm pretty sure someone will get it in that time.

lolipiece

Staff member
Alright.

So what we need is:

Chapter titles.
Nicknames for Sapphire's Wailord. Probably it'll be the same.
Censorship? God, only two more months till that volume...
See if they fix Chuang Yi's translation mistakes. (Courtney and Tabitha's names. Dock's name being Tuga. Calling the Submarine Explorer I the Kaien I.)
Mack's Viz name. Once again, it'll probably be the same.