• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Upcoming Manga release thread

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Viz's edition of Pokèmon Adventures Volume 28 confirmed

Speaking of Volume 25, I'm wondering if Viz is going to be taking the 4 FRLG rounds from Volume 26 and move them over to this volume since VIZ is more than likely going to be labeling Volume 26 with Pokèmon Adventures Emerald on the cover. The only thing that gets me on questioning it is because 25 is listed to have 208 pages and the typical non-shifted around volume has 208 pages. Oh well, guess we will see the answer as we get close to the November release of Adventures Volume 25 by VIZ.

Besides that, can't believe that we are only one volume shy of having the bridge gap fixed when it comes to Volumes. Hope we get a confirmation of VIZ's release of Pokèmon Adventures Volume 29 here pretty soon since it will be nice to have the entire 3rd gen gap filled and patched for the Viz Releases to beyond the DP arc.

ElectricBassClef

Viz's edition of Pokèmon Adventures Volume 28 confirmed

Speaking of Volume 25, I'm wondering if Viz is going to be taking the 4 FRLG rounds from Volume 26 and move them over to this volume since VIZ is more than likely going to be labeling Volume 26 with Pokèmon Adventures Emerald on the cover. The only thing that gets me on questioning it is because 25 is listed to have 208 pages and the typical non-shifted around volume has 208 pages. Oh well, guess we will see the answer as we get close to the November release of Adventures Volume 25 by VIZ.

I wouldn't put too much faith in the page number listings being accurate. I've seen page counts that were blatantly wrong before, such as HeartGold and SoulSilver Volume 2 being listed at 192 pages. It would make no sense to split up Vol. 22 and then not split up Vol. 26. Whatever else you say about Viz, they've been consistent with the volume splitting (except for Vol. 38, but that was a special case).

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
Pleased with volume 25's cover as well, but something just dawned on me. Considering Blue and Green have their names swapped in the Viz release, shouldn't they have swapped the background color as well?

In any case, happy we have a link for volume 28 now as well. Now all we need is one for 29, and hopefully we'll be getting Emerald volume covers here soon. :)

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I'm most curious on what they do with the FireRed and LeafGreen reference in the FRLG volumes to come, with the whole name change. They'll probably edit it out.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
No.

Information about upcoming volume releases usually come out around the first of the month. And even then, we still probably won't get any info next month.

ChampionRed

I don't know if a few volumes of BW2 are out in Japan, though if they are then does anyone know when it come out to the Pokemon Adventures manga? Been dying to know the day I saw some Japanese scans of specials.

lolipiece

Staff member
I don't know if a few volumes of BW2 are out in Japan, though if they are then does anyone know when it come out to the Pokemon Adventures manga? Been dying to know the day I saw some Japanese scans of specials.

B2W2 hasn't been released in volume format anywhere.

ElectricBassClef

Hey, gang! Pokémon Adventures Vol. 24 came in a bit early, so here's the scoop.

Chapter titles:

Adventure 280: Some Things Are Better Left Unown

Adventure 281: Not Exactly Normal

Adventure 282: Going Green

Adventure 283: It Takes Patience, Knowledge, and a Really Quick Beedrill

Adventure 284: Red, Green, Blue and Mewtwo Too

Adventure 285: Once More into the Unown

Adventure 286: Meet Deoxys, and Deoxys, and Deoxys, and...

Adventure 287: Secrets from Sneasel

(I kind of have to wonder why they're bothering to make up new names for the rounds, since the FireRed and LeafGreen arc actually has real round titles in the Japanese which aren't "VS. [insert Pokémon here]". Are the Japanese ones just not goofy enough?)

There are no edits that I can see, though I didn't expect that there would be. Yellow's on the spine, same picture as the cover. The Deoxys is referred to as "Organism no. 2" and we're given nicknames for (girl) Green's Pokémon. (This is the first story arc where the nicknames pop up in this translation, right?) They are: Blasty, Jiggly, Ditty, Clefy, and Nido. Her Snubbull doesn't have a nickname, because I guess the translators didn't pick up on the double meaning of the characters.

lolipiece

Staff member
The Japanese version had subtitles, not standard titles. Speaking of which, did they retain the subtitle list for RS, DP, and Pt?

And only Blasty didn't have a nickname until now. Dang. I was hoping they'd realize like they did with Pibu.

ElectricBassClef

Oh, my bad. There are Braille subtitles at the beginning of each round, right underneath the English name, if that's what you mean. Nothing in English. That's the case for R/S, FR/LG, D/P and Platinum.

Edit: E.g. the page will say "Adventure 280: Some Things Are Better Left Unown" and underneath it will be something in Braille. The list at the beginning of the book doesn't include the Braille.

pika09

EEEEEHHHHH???
It looks like Shogakukan Asia will be publishing the Be a Master!! Pokemon BW comic in English as Be the Best! Pokemon B+W! Yay!

Here's the English cover:
10532940_572116289561712_918032194574470979_n.jpg

I hope they publish Good Partners in English eventually...

lolipiece

Staff member
Yay...

And only in 2014. Two years after Gen V's last game. And four after its first one. And not even a particularly good manga.

(And why B+W? Why not just BW?)

Last edited:

pika09

EEEEEHHHHH???
Yay...

And only in 2014. Two years after Gen V's last game. And four after its first one. And not even a particularly good manga.

(And why B+W? Why not just BW?)

Better late than never, I guess. I personally want Good Partners or maybe even Reburst to be brought over, though.

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream
On one hand, it IS another manga that's not PokeSpe. On the other hand, if they're testing the waters to see how well non-PokeSpe manga does... ugh. It's not a bad manga, but there's a lot better choices that they could have made *coughReBURSTcough*

Honeyichigo

The manliest
This betta be a sign that they're publishing more Pokemon manga after this. But seriously, if you're going to choose a random oneshot from a generation ago, at least pick Heroes of Thunder and Fire. That one looks cool.