• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Upcoming Manga release thread

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
This is for volume releases.

The first chapter of ORAS starts next month.

matt0044

Y's full name is apparently...Yvonne Gābena? Not even VIZ knows how to romanize her last name.

I love that nod to the X & Y Demo names for the PC. Does that mean X's full name will be Xavier?

Also got mini-vol. 19 for BW and as expected, the cross scene was redrawn in a manner similar to FMA Brotherhood where Greed was strapped to a pillar in Father's lair rather than the cross in the Manga (original JPN version and VizBig version). It... was actually neatly done all things considered.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
Here's the edit in question.

[img139]https://38.media.tumblr.com/a002677cab1b86c9aac4cc897a68630f/tumblr_ngpp6scQZb1rjen62o2_1280.jpg[/img139]

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
More Viz covers have been revealed and are looking really nice.

Volume 27's
XY 2's

Other than that, I kinda wonder what Viz is going to do with the B2W2 arc and if they are just going to continue the Adventures: Black and White subseries that they created by splicing up the regular volume order like how they did. Besides, B2W2 arc in General is going to be interesting because it's got a feel that it'll be like Platinum when it comes to volumes do to it's similar chapter release style.

lolipiece

Staff member
Ah, they've improved. The coloring matches Yamamoto's style almost perfectly. Might want to fix Shauna's skin tone, though.

If they were going to do mini volumes, we'd know by now.

And with only six chapters of material, there's just no point.

Last edited:

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
I'm impressed by how much better Viz has gotten at their covers. I'm glad they're retaining the Emerald volume backgrounds as well. (not that I'm surprised since they have been for the past few older release volumes)

As for B2W2, I imagine they'll release it as its own full-volume release like they did HGSS.

rakuichi

I would like to see the last page of BW mini volume 19, because I'm curious about how they separate this round. Does Adventure 63 only have 6 pages?

Last edited:

matt0044

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
And X and Y will be called Xavier and Yvonne in the French Translation. Interesting.
The part that stood out to me was "These names were chosen at the request of The Pokémon Company." Wonder if they'll end up doing something similar when Viz releases B2W2?

I wonder if Xavier will be shown to be X's full name in Viz's.
I'm guessing so.

e9310103838

The part that stood out to me was "These names were chosen at the request of The Pokémon Company." Wonder if they'll end up doing something similar when Viz releases B2W2?

I'm guessing so.

Since their pre-release names are Black2 and White2 (even in Japan also), I think they will not change Lack-two and Whi-two (or use other names, not Black2 and White2). :499:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Aww man! I mean, tied to posts makes some sense, but it's devoid of symbolism. They'd have been better off editing them into Plasma logos--the arms still would have matched position!

NewPortBox100s

Poke'Maniac
Just ordered Pokemon XY Vol. 1 for 5 bucks from Amazon!!! I didn't realize it only came out 28 days ago! So I can now get in on this series while it's fresh and new. :D (My first Pokemon manga)

matt0044

Just ordered Pokemon XY Vol. 1 for 5 bucks from Amazon!!! I didn't realize it only came out 28 days ago! So I can now get in on this series while it's fresh and new. :D (My first Pokemon manga)

Well, so far, I'm sure you can read the arc and BW if you haven't read the others. Though I recommend starting from the RGB arc sometime because arcs before DPPt have a more stronger continuity.