• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Upcoming Manga release thread

SmartD

Wow,that early? I guess we'll wrap up BW in September then.anyways, and early release of the Emerald volume? Also,we'll catch up with Japan mid 2015! Only question now is, how long will it take for future volumes to be released?

Last edited:

SmartD

Volume 26 came out today. Did anyone get it yet?

ElectricBassClef

Volume 26 came out today. Did anyone get it yet?

I got it! Even though it's a really small volume (about the size of Pokémon Adventures B & W 1), there are a few things of note.

First of all, chapter names:

Adventure 303: Never Spritz a Knotty Sudowoodo

Adventure 304: Swanky Showdown with Swalot

Adventure 305: Interesting Interactions Involving Illumise

Adventure 306: Pinsir Me, I Must Be Dreaming

Adventure 307: Gotcha Where I Wantcha, Glalie

Adventure 308: As Luck Would Have It, Kirlia

This volume contains the first of the "Emerald pees off of a building" scenes. As predicted, it was censored. The pee streams are edited out entirely (leaving one panel empty except for dialogue). The dialogue is changed to Emerald standing at a window to admire the view on the way to the bathroom, and Todd freaks out not because Emerald is peeing out of a window, but because he thinks that Emerald is about to jump out the window. Very interesting edits. I can't wait to see how they change the "Emerald (almost) pees on Ruby and Sapphire" scene in the Vol. 28!

On the other hand, the panels where Emerald shoves his fingers up Todd's nose are NOT censored or changed in any way. (What a gross kid.)

The Latis refer to Emerald as Em' (apostrophe included).

If there's anything else you want to know, just let me know!

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream
This volume contains the first of the "Emerald pees off of a building" scenes. As predicted, it was censored. The pee streams are edited out entirely (leaving one panel empty except for dialogue). The dialogue is changed to Emerald standing at a window to admire the view on the way to the bathroom, and Todd freaks out not because Emerald is peeing out of a window, but because he thinks that Emerald is about to jump out the window. Very interesting edits. I can't wait to see how they change the "Emerald (almost) pees on Ruby and Sapphire" scene in the Vol. 28!

So Viz has a problem with urination (despite the fact that the urine is the worst thing that we see) and changes it to being mistaken for suicide? What in the hell? They're going to completely wreck one of the funniest moments of PokeSpe history that's coming up!

On the other hand, the panels where Emerald shoves his fingers up Todd's nose are NOT censored or changed in any way. (What a gross kid.)

What? You mean to tell me that you've never entertained the idea of sticking your fingers up someone's nose before? It would be rude not to!

...Why? Rald sounds so much better and is just as easy to pronounce! This is a case of Viz changing stuff just for tish and giggles. While it's awesome to see that Viz is doing these volumes, I'm afraid I'm probably just going to stick to my Chuang Yi stuff.

e9310103838

Oh, Noland even tosses Emerald to come downstairs...

And the end of round 305, Emerald battle with a swimmer♀. Has this got the censored? ;336;

ElectricBassClef

And the end of round 305, Emerald battle with a swimmer♀. Has this got the censored? ;336;

I assume you mean her outfit? No, her bikini is just as revealing as in the original.

So Viz has a problem with urination (despite the fact that the urine is the worst thing that we see) and changes it to being mistaken for suicide?

Yes, indeed. I kind of raised my eyebrows at that one too. I guess it's okay because we know that he wasn't REALLY contemplating suicide?

Last edited:

SmartD

I got it! Even though it's a really small volume (about the size of Pokémon Adventures B & W 1), there are a few things of note.

First of all, chapter names:

Adventure 303: Never Spritz a Knotty Sudowoodo

Adventure 304: Swanky Showdown with Swalot

Adventure 305: Interesting Interactions Involving Illumise

Adventure 306: Pinsir Me, I Must Be Dreaming

Adventure 307: Gotcha Where I Wantcha, Glalie

Adventure 308: As Luck Would Have It, Kirlia

If there's anything else you want to know, just let me know!

Interesting. Is Todd named in the Viz translation?

ElectricBassClef

Interesting. Is Todd named in the Viz translation?

I'm pretty sure he's not. I just know who he is from elsewhere.

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
Darn. I was kind of hoping that it'd be left alone since it isn't that bad, but I'm mostly shocked that is the way they chose to turn it into. They actually made something darker, even if it was just an assumption on Todd's part. I think editing it into something like Emerald pouring out a drink would've worked better, but I guess maybe that would be too hard for them?

Huh. His nickname was Rald in the Japanese version too right?

Last edited:

ElectricBassClef

Huh. His nickname was Rald in the Japanese version too right?

If this is aimed at me, I don't know. Does somebody else know?

matt0044

Eh, I never liked gross out humor anyways.

ElectricBassClef

Majiata

Well, on amazon.de (where the volumes come out mostly about a month after the release in the US), Adventures BW Vol. 6 was always listed for January 15 (and is still listed for that date), while amazon.com still has the date in March listed. Knowing about this, I'm kind of curious to see if I will be able to order the volume on the 15th, since I doubt that we in Europe will get the volume almost two months earlier than the US.
On the other hand, amazon.de still lists "Pokémon Adventures X and Y, Vol. 1" for December 2 as possible to pre-order for full-volume price (while the real thing VIZ released, "Pokémon X and Y, Vol. 1" is listed for the end of January on amazon.de, although it was available for a short time in the middle of December), so that could be a fail on amazon.de ...

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!

That's weird. They kept Hareta peeing on Mitsumi's duffle bag in DPA, so I wonder why they'd change it here.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Tried to get a copy of Volume 26 at the same Books-a-Million I go to get my PokeManga this past weekend and found out that they had no plans on stocking Volume 26 on. Really found that pretty weird since that they had carried all the previous Volumes up until now and they just seemed to stop. They did though have all the volumes released up until last year.

Maybe it might be a supply/demand type of thing since they seemed to have had roughly 3-4 copies for most volumes with mostly up to 2 for new releases and still even had that amount constant when I came back in about that time later or possibly because of the street breaks when I got some of them ahead of actual release date before in the past. But hey, I did order 26 and preordered 27-29.

Other than that, It's still weird to see that Volume 49 (Adventures: Black and White Volume 7) doesn't have a cover anywhere while Volume 50's (Adventures: Black and White Volume 8) has. Hopefully it shown soon or possibly we might have another case of 45's (Adventures: Black and White Volume 3) where it wasn't shown off until literally around the week of release.

Pacman

Interestingly, the cover of Vol. 7 hasn't been revealed yet.

Other than that, It's still weird to see that Volume 49 (Adventures: Black and White Volume 7) doesn't have a cover anywhere while Volume 50's (Adventures: Black and White Volume 8) has. Hopefully it shown soon or possibly we might have another case of 45's (Adventures: Black and White Volume 3) where it wasn't shown off until literally around the week of release.
Interesting, as on Viz's site it has the cover for Vol. 7:

http://www.viz.com/manga/print/pokemon-adventures-black-and-white-volume-7/11511

Not sure why Amazon or other sites doesn't have it.

matt0044

Got Volume 20 of the BW mini-volumes.