• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Upcoming Manga release thread

SmartD

Pokemon Black and White Vol. 20 came out today. Does anyone know what the titles are and does it use the magazine ending or the volume ending?

rakuichi

Pokemon Black and White Vol. 20 came out today. Does anyone know what the titles are and does it use the magazine ending or the volume ending?

From Bulbapedia,
Adventure 64 - The Battle
Adventure 65 - What Really Matters
Adventure 66 - Truth Revealed
It seems that both mini volume 19 and 20 use the contents from the Japanese volume.

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
It seems that both mini volume 19 and 20 use the contents from the Japanese volume.
I understand why they would do that (since that material is a lot better than the magazine's), but it lessens the incentive to buy the full-sized volumes even more. As long as they're still doing well enough to continue though I can't really complain too much.

ElectricBassClef

Amazon's got a release date for Pokémon Adventures Black and White Vol. 9: October 6th. This is the fifty-first volume in the series, and should finally wrap up the Black and White arc. By then, the Emerald arc will be fully out, and we'll finally have all of the story arcs from Red/Blue/Green to Black and White fully published in English...plus possibly Vol. 52, who knows. Can you believe it, guys? We've come so far from this time two years ago, when Viz's translation of Volume 15 hadn't even come out yet!

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
People have gotten volume 2 of XY.

Titles are:
They Have a Flare for a Li'l Kanga-Napping
Kangaskhan...Kangascan't
The Aegislash Agenda
Lucky Lucario Was Here

Also, dates for volumes 3-5 have been confirmed.

June 2, September 1, and December 1.

Last edited:

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
From Bulbapedia,
Adventure 64 - The Battle
Adventure 65 - What Really Matters
Adventure 66 - Truth Revealed

The mini volumes actually finally incorporated the volume release material?

lolipiece

Staff member
From what I hear, they did not.

ElectricBassClef

Hey, guys. Pokémon Adventures Vol. 27 came out on Tuesday, and I have it, if anyone's interested.

Here are the chapters:

Adventure 309: Moving Past Milotic

Adventure 310: Just My Luck...Shuckle

Adventure 311: A Dust-Up with Dusclops

Adventure 312: Chipping Away at Regirock

Adventure 313: You Need to Chill Out, Regice

Adventure 314: A Sketchy Smattering of Smeargle

Adventure 315: Skirting Around Surskit I

Adventure 316: Skirting Around Surskit II

Adventure 317: Sneaky Like Shedinja

Crys is on the spine (picture's same as cover). The villain refers to himself as "Guile", which is consistent with how he refers to himself in Chuang Yi's translation of this volume. The page in the back with the description of Vol. 28 has him named as "Guile Hideout", which confirms that we're not going to be getting a name change here (not that anybody really expected we would). I think that's about it.

I also got Pokémon Adventures: Black and White Vol. 6 (AKA Pokémon Special Vol. 48). It ALSO came out on March 3rd for me, rather than that January date Viz had on their website. Does anybody have confirmation that the book was actually available in January, anywhere? Anyway, Meloetta is on the spine, and as far as I know the rest should be the same as the mini-volumes, but I haven't been buying them so I'm not sure.

Wasn't really much to talk about this month, but if anybody has any questions about either volume, feel free to ask!

Majiata

I also got Pokémon Adventures: Black and White Vol. 6 (AKA Pokémon Special Vol. 48). It ALSO came out on March 3rd for me, rather than that January date Viz had on their website. Does anybody have confirmation that the book was actually available in January, anywhere?

Yes, I do. I ordered it on amazon.de on January 21st (amazon.de says it came out on January 15th and I'm pretty sure it was available beginning with that date) and I got it on February 6th (although that was more because of another manga I ordered that was out of stock; also, it usually takes up to a week for amazon.de to deliver something here).

ElectricBassClef

Yes, I do. I ordered it on amazon.de on January 21st (amazon.de says it came out on January 15th and I'm pretty sure it was available beginning with that date) and I got it on February 6th (although that was more because of another manga I ordered that was out of stock; also, it usually takes up to a week for amazon.de to deliver something here).
Well, thanks for letting me know! I was beginning to think that the January release date was just a mistake that popped up on a few sites. I guess the release difference was regional and depending on your retailer.

Pokemon Adventures Black and White volume 7
Iris is on the spine.

44-The Cold Hard Truth
45-A Cold Reception
46-A Week to go and Old Wounds
47-A Misunderstanding
48-A Lesson ends here
49-Will the truth come out?
50-A Wretched Reunion.

Alder and Buffolaunt on the back.

Need to pick up volume 5.

lolipiece

Staff member
Pokemon Adventures Black and White volume 7
Iris is on the spine.

44-The Cold Hard Truth
45-A Cold Reception
46-A Week to go and Old Wounds
47-A Misunderstanding
48-A Lesson ends here
49-Will the truth come out?
50-A Wretched Reunion.

Alder and Buffolaunt on the back.

Need to pick up volume 5.

Oh, so they just combined the titles of A Week To Go and Old Wounds into one.

Question. Does the volume end with Looker heading off to the League?

shawn_o1

They've had the whole of 2014 as well as this year to work on BW2 chapter, so if they release Volume 53 I'd expect 15 or 16 rounds inside. Or they could simultaneously release Volumes 53 and 54

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
They've had the whole of 2014 as well as this year to work on BW2 chapter, so if they release Volume 53 I'd expect 15 or 16 rounds inside. Or they could simultaneously release Volumes 53 and 54

You're being way optimistic. The most rounds i expect in volume 53 are eight..maybe nine.