• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Upcoming Manga release thread

TheJLeeTeam

JLeeTeam
I really wish Viz would make a better effort when it comes to localizing and distributing the manga. For example I feel like the BW2 volume should've been out last year and I feel like they should also localize the manga adaptations of the first 8 Pokémon movies because I would like to see them in manga form. I also would've like to see the manga adaptation of Explorers of Time and Darkness. Not to mention the Gen 2 and Gen 3 manga volumes took like 8-10 years to come out in english. Considering the localization time for the Gen 5 manga was a lot shorter than usual, I kind of wished localization times weren't as long as 2 years or more.

adryy8

In France, the distributor of Pokespe said that they didn't want to localize BW2 while only one volume is released, but atleast they publish the older arcs that were never released in France in the meantime. I guess Viz is doing the same

Any of you have any idea about the preorder on eBay for a mini artbook of PokeSpe that's comic con exclusive? I don't know if it's legit though, and it's even more expensive than the artbook released last March. I'd give a link but this site won't let me.

Edit:
Here it is. s-l500.jpg
It says it's by Viz. Hm.

According to sdccblog.com, it's the real deal. It's only $15, yet the preorder on eBay is $39.99. Such rip-offs.

Last edited:

ReiZerou

Any of you have any idea about the preorder on eBay for a mini artbook of PokeSpe that's comic con exclusive? I don't know if it's legit though, and it's even more expensive than the artbook released last March. I'd give a link but this site won't let me.

Edit:
Here it is. View attachment 15723
It says it's by Viz. Hm.

According to sdccblog.com, it's the real deal. It's only $15, yet the preorder on eBay is $39.99. Such rip-offs.
Well that's some easy money if anyone falls for that.

The art book is most likely the same one that came with the limited edition of Japanese vol. 50 almost 2 years ago (*sobbing*), so it's got 64 pages and is pocket sized.

If anyone wants it and doesn't care about the language, it's still available on cdjapan for $8.57 and cheapest shipping to US is $7.79.

matt0044

Edit:
Here it is. View attachment 15723
It says it's by Viz. Hm.

Will other stores officially sell it later on?

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
For a second there i thought you were talking about volume 53. Then i read the last sentence and everything came crashing down.
I still believe it will be released before the year ends...hopefully.

The drought's nearly over. Was it really a year of no new Adventures (excluding XY) volumes? I haven't bought a single volume yet. I take it there's about five volumes worth of XY? ORAS happens in September, B2W2 in October. I could be wrong. Releases for main games were every two or three months.

Will other stores officially sell it later on?

I'm not sure. I think not since it says it's a Comic Con exclusive. Best bet are the scalpers, haha. Who knows, maybe Viz will give a chance someday to the people who couldn't be there.

And, totally excited for english volume 52. I'm just gonna wait for the Shogakukan Asia version since they just use Viz's translations. Heck, they even use their censored pages. At least, for volume 51.

Anyone here bought their re-release(the big volumes) of the RS arc? Did they use the lightning nonsense too?

Last edited:

Zirac888

With English volume 52 being announced, is it safe to say we won't be getting a boxed set for Black and White's full volumes? I've been holding off for a while waiting around for it, but I think I ought to start buying the individual volumes now.

SageRanger

With English volume 52 being announced, is it safe to say we won't be getting a boxed set for Black and White's full volumes? I've been holding off for a while waiting around for it, but I think I ought to start buying the individual volumes now.

I have been holding out as well. I have purchased all the volumes through box sets, and I don't want to stop now. I am hoping the HG/SS/BW box set will happen in the fall or spring, maybe as a precursor to BW2? I can dream.

Aeron

Bum Eyes
I hope Viz haven't actually caught on to the fact that the boxsets released containing the entire 10 or so series for the price of 3 volumes, was amazing value for money, and they were essentially screwing themselves over financially.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
I have been holding out as well. I have purchased all the volumes through box sets, and I don't want to stop now. I am hoping the HG/SS/BW box set will happen in the fall or spring, maybe as a precursor to BW2? I can dream.

I've been waiting since September of last year. Today, I broke down and ended up just buying each of the nine volumes individually. I wish there was a boxed set for them, but after nearly a year of waiting (for me, at least) I'm just tired of waiting.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
This is for volumes only, guys.

Make a new thread for individual manga series.

blazikeng

This is my first time getting into the Pokemon Adventures manga and I recently started too with the B2W2 arc, and I noticed its been a while since vol 52 has been released. I also know that some volumes for XY have been released, has it happened before where one generation arc is not completed and they jump to the next generation?

I'm just curious and eager for more...

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
The remaining volumes of B2W2 are being made from scratch.

In the meantime, XY and ORAS are being collected in volume format as a separate series of sorts.

Once B2W2 finishes, then XY and ORAS will be collected in the proper volumes.