• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Upcoming Manga release thread

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Guess Soudo is wondering how Marvin combs his weird hairdo

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Shield with Barraskewda on her head is hilarious! XD

Also Drizzile in the center! <3
(It's actually really sad how it gets more screentime in this Manga than the Anime)

Maxim

Beyond repair
I will never understand why are Viz's releases so slow. They did translate most of those chapters once already as part of the mini-volumes... This is literally 90% of the work already done.

They are already left far behind by French and German releases and at this rate, this gap will get even bigger.

e9310103838

I will never understand why are Viz's releases so slow. They did translate most of those chapters once already as part of the mini-volumes... This is literally 90% of the work already done.

They are already left far behind by French and German releases and at this rate, this gap will get even bigger.

But only VIZ has continued to released the regular volumes currently. I guess this may be related to they release of Collector's Edition at the same time. As B2W2 is about to be released, this leaves VIZ with only Sword and Shield mini-volumes yet to be published (coming soon).

G-SANtos

Pocket Monsters SPECIAL volume 60 has been delayed to September 28.

Maybe Kusaka's problem had something to do with this. Would that imply at least a new chapter?
Kibou has brought up three possibilities: Either there's a lot of new content, a lot of revisions/redraws, or they are preparing a limited edition to celebrate volume 60.

Either way, this delay probably pushes ORAS's start to March.

Unless they speed things up, not till Gen X at the earliest.
That depends on how long this Gen and the next last. There's no way we're getting Gen 9 in 2022. Legends seems to be on a completely different level to what GF are used, and sounds like the kind of project that would need the entire studio to pull off. I don't think they would be able to work on another game at the same time, and the fact they even outsourced BDSP (something unprecedented for the main series) sounds like evidence they needed as much people as possible on LA.

I'm pretty sure Legends Arceus will get DLC, and that's what late 2022 is for.

And if Gen 8 lasts 4 years (or, who knows, 5), Gen 9 could also last 4 years, and, theoretically, this could allow the main volumes to catch up before Gen 10 starts.

Well, unless they decide to make volume-only USUM and LGPE arcs, in which case it would take longer for mini-volumes to stop being a thing. If they ever stop.

I've been thinking. Is it really worth getting the mini-volumes as soon as they come out? Why bother, if they're just going to have regular volumes later?

e9310103838

Oh, they has been delayed volume 60 to October again.

I don't know if they have any new projects in progress, or is it just that Yamamoto has no time to draw new content? Will they have time to release volume 61 this year?

Pokemon XY January 11,2022. I hope ORAS and SM get announced soon and get released concurrently rather every two-three months.
I've been thinking. Is it really worth getting the mini-volumes as soon as they come out? Why bother, if they're just going to have regular volumes later?
I just wait for the regular volumes. It's TPC's fault for rushing GameFreak into pushing new games resulting in time constraints for the manga and always ending in a rush along with new pages not in the source material.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Had no idea the Journeys manga was getting an english release. Lowkey regretting getting the japanese version. Just like with Horizon I'll end up having both versions again :p

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
So the manga is ending? Sad but not surprised. He definetely didn't get the best enviroment to work it having to cram so much content of the show in manga form and being somewhat faithful.

They really should've let him do his own thing like what Sakai Takayuki did in the DP manga.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
It'll most likely end very open ended.

A part of me hopes Machito just pulls a Masami Kurumada and makes the closing scene like Otokozaka's final volume before cancellation (on the original SJ run. Years later it end up revived)

G-SANtos

I haven't followed that manga so I don't know the quality, but it's weird that a manga made to promote the anime is ending before the current series.
Wait, it's ending next month? That means it's ending in October. And the following month is November, when BDSP comes out.

Guys, I smell a PokéSpe BDSP arc. I know I said a similar about a New Snap manga when the Clefairy manga moved online near the release date, but BDSP is a main series game and PokéSpe is the world's most popular Pokémon manga.

This timing is too convenient. We are definitely getting a BDSP arc. And we'll probably get some kind of time travel to connect the BDSP and PLA stories. Also, probably some resolution on Saque (Sird) after, what, a decade?

I have to say, the XY volume delays could actually benefit Kusaka, because Mewtwo can reveal something that sets up the BDSP arc in volume 60 and we'll see the setup one month before the arc.

I just wait for the regular volumes. It's TPC's fault for rushing GameFreak into pushing new games resulting in time constraints for the manga and always ending in a rush along with new pages not in the source material.
Actually, TPC is partially owned by GameFreak, so I don't think they actually get to order them. I used to think they did because people said so, but doesn't actually make sense.

If anyone is pressuring GF for yearly releases, it's probably Nintendo, but I heard other people say Nintendo is not prone to rush games, so I don't know what to think, specially since I don't know much about Nintendo. If anything, it's more like Game Freak is too confident it can release a game a year, because they could during the sprite era, but due to their struggle with 3D they end up not making it in time and only realize they won't be able to put everything in when it's too late to delay the game.

And the reason it's too late to delay the game, is because the next batch of cards and the next anime series's start/current series's end are already planned and entering production (remember making a single anime episode takes months), so delaying the game would force everything else to be delayed at a point when it's no longer feasible.

And the problem is exarcebated by HD development. At least GameFreak is now open to outsourcing Pokémon games.