• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Upcoming Manga release thread

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Nothing new. I think previous anime mangas didn't follow all the way. At least the DP one I mentioned ended fairly early, back when Ash's Torterra was still a Grotle.

But checking the japanese wikipedia entry for Sakai Takayuki, seems like he only had one more gig around/after the time he was done with Pokémon, then stopped doing more stuff which leads me to assume either he retired or got another job.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
So? They've combined multiple volumes before.

That's more pages than any other previous individual volume. I guess VIZ wants to play catch up, as the Japanese XY volumes seem to be 2/3rd finished now.

G-SANtos

I think I have good news. You know how volume 60 has already been delayed twice? It probably won't be delayed again.
-In late June, volume 60 had an August 27 release date.
-In late July (final week, I think) it was delayed to September 28.
-In late August it was delayed to October 28.

We are already one week into October and no delay news. I think this time is for real.
If they manage to keep the three months window, ORAS is going to start in April.

Now the question is, what do those two delays mean? Are we going to get a lot of new stuff? Some special edition art book to celebrate the 60th volume? Or could it just be a result of preparations for BDSP and LA arcs? Because I'm sure we'll get both of those.

On the other hand, it could be for adding foreshadowing for the BDSP and LA arcs. Platane (Sycamore) studied under Nanakamado (Rowan), and there were French soldiers in Hokkaido in the time period LA is inspired by, so it's possible both games will have Kalos-related content.
Kusaka gets to play the games early, and in 2016 he said he played SM in September, two months before the game's release. If this timeline applies to every game, he might have already played BDSP and will probably play LA next month.

If that is the case, then this XY volume release situation is a weird stroke of luck for Kusaka. Even more lucky if we get a Kalos game in 2023 like I think we will. If BDSP and LA somehow bring back the scrapped "Team Flare are aliens" plot, Kusaka can insert retcon hints now.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
I don't know about getting arcs for both BDSP and LA. The remake doesn't add anything new like past ones did so a just BDSP arc seems pointless.
Not to mention that two new arcs brings some problems to the table. (Ending SWSH prematurely, consuming to much time that could be employed improving the story in volume releases)

The ideal solution would be to merge both in one story arc. Call it the BDSP chapter but focus mostly on LA.
Dialga can send the trio back in time to Hisui for some reason and take it from there.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Or maybe, just don't do those? I know it's tradition and all but... They kind of get away with not making a LGPE arc, so they can with the BDSP.

So, the reason why the regular volumes have more chapters is because they didn't have the time to write and illustrate them by the time they were first published?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
So, the reason why the regular volumes have more chapters is because they didn't have the time to write and illustrate them by the time they were first published?
Do they? We hardly had any new XY content which is why the delays are more irritating coz from what we have seen, it just seems like the same thing with slight adjustments

e9310103838

They did arrange the timeline of the entire chapter and add details plot and correction of scene and dialogue, as they did in the previous chapters. And the new rounds are mainly at the end of chapter (if they do these).

Last edited:

Lucky3

They did arrange the timeline of the entire chapter and add details plot and correction of scene and dialogue, as they did in the previous chapters. And the new rounds are mainly at the end of chapter (if they do these).
I'm curious, did the timeline really change in any way?

january 11th- XY volume 1

may 10th- XY volume 2

diakyu

So I'm about to buy the last english BW2 volume and order the first full XY volume on January 11th. Are we just screwed on that first XY cover? As in at best it will be an extra in one of the volumes?

e9310103838

So I'm about to buy the last english BW2 volume and order the first full XY volume on January 11th. Are we just screwed on that first XY cover? As in at best it will be an extra in one of the volumes?
If you are asking this

Volume 55 = BW2 Volume 4 (only BW2 content)

Volume 56 = XY volume 1 (include XY content in volume 55)

And volume 61 will be released on February 28th by the way.

Last edited:
Why do I have to wait four months for each new volume? At the rate it's going, the XY series won't be complete in English until at least September of next year. I feel old, already.

togepikindness

SILVER IS THE BEST POKEDEX HOLDER
Bro, are they gonna make a Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl series?