• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Upcoming Series 7 Ranked Singles Team

Arcaniner

Hey y'all!

So I'm currently in the early stages of planning my series 7 post-DLC ranked singles team, and I'm looking for feedback. To preface, I don't plan on becoming #1 in the world by any means, but I would like to be somewhat competitively viable throughout Masterball tier.

The whole premise revolves around Salamence, either through classic JapanSand or paired with Aegislash + supplementary parts. Hyper Offensive. I like surprising people with a little bit of outside of the box thinking with either obscure or outdated sets people may have forgotten about. Anyways, Here we go!

Salamence @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
Ability: Moxie
4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Steel Wing/Dragon Dance
Fire Fang
Outrage
Dual Wingbeat

MVP. Goal here is to ideally use him as an offensive lead, and if presented with a favorable matchup just start going to town with Max Airstream/Moxie boosts, kind of like a faster/stronger version of Offensive-lead Gyarados. Am I crazy here or will 'Mence be surprisingly good, especially with the addition of Dual Wingbeat? (Also is added Steel Wing coverage or additional DD boosting preffered here?)

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Jolly
Sand Rush
4 HP 252 atk 252 spe
Brick Break
Rock Slide
Iron Head
EQ

I really liked Brick break for additional coverage and Atk Boosts when dynamaxed.

T-Tar@ Choice Scarf
Jolly
Sand Stream
4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spe
Thunder Punch
Ice Punch
Crunch
Stone Edge

Surprise classic scarf-Tar. I feel like I can catch some people off guard with this set, outspeeding alot of unsuspecting mons with good coverage moves.

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Naive
Stance Change
4 Atk, 252 Spa 252 Spee
Flash Cannon
Autotomize
Shadow Ball
Shadow Sneak

Here's where it gets trippy. Special/Mixed attacker/Priority. If I can find the right spot with switch ins/set ups, this thing has been shockingly fun and when paired with the right team has found some success when testing on Showdown. Obviously pairs well with Salamence physical/special core, and uses Shadow Sneak for cleaning up.

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Timid/Modest
Swift Swim
4 HP, 252 Spa 252 Spe
Hurricane
Ice Beam
Hydro Pump
Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse

I heart Kingdra. Both Swift Swim and Sniper versions, actually. Planning to bring him with Aegislash for fairy coverage and set up a psuedo-Rain core. Can dynamax this bad boy or bring him in when the opposing team sets up rain and function outside or post-dynamax with choice specs. Tested Really well on showdown. (Quick Question, do yall usually run Timid or Modest? I'm obsessed with Speed, is the added speed necessary here? Also Still debating Draco Meteor/Dragon pulse with the last move slot.)

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Jolly
Speed Boost
4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spe
Thunder Punch
U-Turn
Flare Blitz
Close Combat

I think this guy can set up early game similar to 'Mence. Looking forward to using him, especially with the new U-Turn/CC additions to his movepool. Final question, is it better to run 4th coverage move or still provide setup opportunities with Protect/SD? I've actually never used Blaziken before competitively, I know the protect set was practically a necessity in gen 7, but that was before I ventured into competitive play.

Possible Alternates: Cinderace, Tapu Koko. I'm open to the idea of replacing Blaziken with Cinderace if the latter proves to be the dominant of the two of them in the current meta. Also, with the addition of the Tapu's returning, is it absolutely necessary to still run a Tapu on your team? From what i've learned it seemed to be that way last gen. The thought of doing the exact same thing as everybody else kinda bothers me, but if running a Tapu is the only way to find success then so be it.

Anyways y'all, that's it. I'm not the best player in the world but I'd like to remain at least somewhat competitive. Lemme know what I can do to improve or if this team is trash. I really think that if you can find ways to set up early with this squad you can find alot of sweeping opportunities and provide a ton of offensive pressure from the get go. Or maybe it just seems that way on paper haha. Yeah ok, lemme know!

Thanks a ton

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Hey y'all!

So I'm currently in the early stages of planning my series 7 post-DLC ranked singles team, and I'm looking for feedback. To preface, I don't plan on becoming #1 in the world by any means, but I would like to be somewhat competitively viable throughout Masterball tier.

The whole premise revolves around Salamence, either through classic JapanSand or paired with Aegislash + supplementary parts. Hyper Offensive. I like surprising people with a little bit of outside of the box thinking with either obscure or outdated sets people may have forgotten about. Anyways, Here we go!

Salamence @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
Ability: Moxie
4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Steel Wing/Dragon Dance
Fire Fang
Outrage
Dual Wingbeat

MVP. Goal here is to ideally use him as an offensive lead, and if presented with a favorable matchup just start going to town with Max Airstream/Moxie boosts, kind of like a faster/stronger version of Offensive-lead Gyarados. Am I crazy here or will 'Mence be surprisingly good, especially with the addition of Dual Wingbeat? (Also is added Steel Wing coverage or additional DD boosting preffered here?)

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Jolly
Sand Rush
4 HP 252 atk 252 spe
Brick Break
Rock Slide
Iron Head
EQ

I really liked Brick break for additional coverage and Atk Boosts when dynamaxed.

T-Tar@ Choice Scarf
Jolly
Sand Stream
4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spe
Thunder Punch
Ice Punch
Crunch
Stone Edge

Surprise classic scarf-Tar. I feel like I can catch some people off guard with this set, outspeeding alot of unsuspecting mons with good coverage moves.

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Naive
Stance Change
4 Atk, 252 Spa 252 Spee
Flash Cannon
Autotomize
Shadow Ball
Shadow Sneak

Here's where it gets trippy. Special/Mixed attacker/Priority. If I can find the right spot with switch ins/set ups, this thing has been shockingly fun and when paired with the right team has found some success when testing on Showdown. Obviously pairs well with Salamence physical/special core, and uses Shadow Sneak for cleaning up.

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Timid/Modest
Swift Swim
4 HP, 252 Spa 252 Spe
Hurricane
Ice Beam
Hydro Pump
Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse

I heart Kingdra. Both Swift Swim and Sniper versions, actually. Planning to bring him with Aegislash for fairy coverage and set up a psuedo-Rain core. Can dynamax this bad boy or bring him in when the opposing team sets up rain and function outside or post-dynamax with choice specs. Tested Really well on showdown. (Quick Question, do yall usually run Timid or Modest? I'm obsessed with Speed, is the added speed necessary here? Also Still debating Draco Meteor/Dragon pulse with the last move slot.)

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Jolly
Speed Boost
4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spe
Thunder Punch
U-Turn
Flare Blitz
Close Combat

I think this guy can set up early game similar to 'Mence. Looking forward to using him, especially with the new U-Turn/CC additions to his movepool. Final question, is it better to run 4th coverage move or still provide setup opportunities with Protect/SD? I've actually never used Blaziken before competitively, I know the protect set was practically a necessity in gen 7, but that was before I ventured into competitive play.

Possible Alternates: Cinderace, Tapu Koko. I'm open to the idea of replacing Blaziken with Cinderace if the latter proves to be the dominant of the two of them in the current meta. Also, with the addition of the Tapu's returning, is it absolutely necessary to still run a Tapu on your team? From what i've learned it seemed to be that way last gen. The thought of doing the exact same thing as everybody else kinda bothers me, but if running a Tapu is the only way to find success then so be it.

Anyways y'all, that's it. I'm not the best player in the world but I'd like to remain at least somewhat competitive. Lemme know what I can do to improve or if this team is trash. I really think that if you can find ways to set up early with this squad you can find alot of sweeping opportunities and provide a ton of offensive pressure from the get go. Or maybe it just seems that way on paper haha. Yeah ok, lemme know!

Thanks a ton

That team should do decently in ranked.Ive personally used Aegislashand he does pretty good.You might want to consider swapping Blaziken for Cinderace because court change can really mess with set up leads like Ferrothorn or Foretress.But either works.