• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Update Headache

Sird

Johto native
Well. I have a problem with my computer.

Basically, my computer, which is running Windows XP SP3 is unable to update anything from Google Chrome to Real Player to AVG OR Norton Internet Security. It also seems to be blocking all Microsoft links downloads (by showing a "This Page could not be found") and all Microsoft Software from installing (When trying to update Windows Live Messenger, it says there is a connection issue even though everything is connected, when trying a fresh install, it says the same thing, all Windows Live software are being blocked.)

I have concluded it is unlikely to be Conficker as this "block" only affects Microsoft download links and Anti-Virus softwares, (not the sites). Also, I have not heard of Conficker blocking browsers from updating, and it has been going on way before April 1st.

So, basically, if I am unable to update my Anti-Virus...how do I find out what is wrong?

Help?

Pokemon_Veteran

Poké Sage
To add onto ThePokeman09's post, using two firewall or security systems causes conflicts between the two. Since any download(like updates) has go through network connections, and well a firewall will either let it through or not. Also, two programs cannot use the same port simultaneously.