• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Updated Kanto Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirHorton

Shall we battle?
Way to go for using improper grammar. Whoop-dee-doodle-doo. (I'm being sarcastic).

Last edited:

calum

Banned
The only thing on this team that isnt useless is ScarfNido

Who I use to great effectiveness, but the EVs are bad.

Please, maybe go to Smogon

Or maybe even go to the Serebii Pokemon of the Day as even the Specs Blissey or the Skarmory with Fly and Toxic are better than your sets

Kujoshan

We've arrived...
OKAY GUYS LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR FOR YOU N00BS OUT THERE.

I WILL NOT OBJECT TO ADVICE OR OPINIONS UNLESS THEY CONCEDE OR UNDERMINE MY OWN.

SO NO INSULTING. NO EMBARASSING. AND NO P'ING ME OFF.

now lets start over.
Please do comment!
:)

AirHorton

Shall we battle?
Like calum said, the only thing not useless on your team is Scarf Nidoking. That tells me that you need to reconstruct your team and use guides, particularly Smogon, to help you out because Smogon has been helping other out.

Well when you call people noobs, just expect someone to insult/embarass you, especially from those who know more about competitively battling than you do.

Kujoshan

We've arrived...
they have kno way of knowing. And im calling them n00bs through the way they criticize my team.

Kujoshan

We've arrived...
they have kno way of knowing. And im calling them n00bs through the way they criticize my team.

AirHorton

Shall we battle?
Just expect more insulting from those "noobs".

Last edited:

Kujoshan

We've arrived...
can u honestly say that uv tried these pkmn in my team n failed? or r u just being naive jerk-offs and just saying wut u want without even considering these strats. If you would read my description i give a complete reason as to why i chose these. So give me advice on wut else i could do. dont dis wut i have up there unless uv personally experienced that pkmn failing

lkelder0511

To smogon (Y)
I have figured out the EVs for my Kanto team pokemon. I hope I get good comments on this team. Well, here goes...

ELECTRODE@Focus Sash
Ability: Soundproof
Nature: Timid
HP: 16/Def: 140/SpAttk: 40/SpDef: 60/Spd: 252
Moveset:
Hp Ice/Grass
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Explosion​

With Magnet Rise, Electrode loses all weaknesses and nothing is super effective. Thunder Wave slows down the other pokemon for the rest of my team. Explosion gives me a last resort option when my HP gets low.

This thing fails hard as a lead unless it setting up RD

CLEFABLE@Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Modest
HP: 48/Def: 172/SpAttk: 252/SpDef:36
Moveset:
Rest
Snore
Cosmic Power
Shadow Ball​

With Magic Guard, Life orb doesn't take any of clef's health away while still raising damage x1.3. With rest it allows me to replenish my HP when it gets low and with this UU bliss it'll take alot to do even that. Cosmic Power raises defense and special defense while the enemy is trying hard to lower my HP. Shadow ball will take care of any ghost type that gets in the way since even a gengar would have trouble with clefable.

WOW! this set is bad. if you want a sweeping claff try the toxic orb facade set on SMOGON

NIDOKING@Choice Scarf
Ability: Rivalry
Nature: Naive
HP: 52/Def: 140/SpAttk: 216/Spd: 100
Moveset:
Flamethrower
Megahorn
Ice Punch
Earth Power​

My prized possession. For this pokemon I will not be taking any suggestions and/or critiques about this selection. With Choice scarf nidoking has enough speed to outrun a max speed ninjask (Without any boosts). When sent out against a male pokemon this is a terror to be terrored. Flamethrower takes care of all pesky grass walls along with annoying bug sweepers. Ice punch takes out any dragon other than kingdra, and sends pokemon like gliscor, swellow, honchkrow, and hippowdon crying back to their mommies. Megahorn is a quick kill for psychics like noctowl, espion, jynx, and mr. mime. low accuracy but doable. Earth power pwns the big steel walls like steelix, bastiodon, heatproof bronzong, aggron, and other tanks like ttar, rhyperior, golem, and relicanth. It also takes care of lucarios and magnezones along with probopasses and solrock.

Ok getting better but still not good in OU. What do the evs do?

WEEZING@Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Bold
HP: 252/Def: 252/SpAttk:6
Moveset:
Pain Split
Will-o-wisp
Thunderbolt
Fire blast/Flamethrower

The annoying big ball. Levitate makes it impervious to ground types which are always the big fail in defensive walls. Will-o-wisp cutting the enemy's attack in half adds more to your enemy's demise. Sludge bomb is a strong move combined with STAB for a hard hit even if its not super effective. Thunderbolt takes care of those little birdies that peck at weezing like pidgeot, swellow, fearow, chatot, pelliper, gyarados, bird trio. plus pesky waterwalls like blastoise, vaporeon, wailord, gyarados (again), seaking, lapras, and starmie.

Now you can counter heracross and scizor with ease

VAPOREON@Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
HP: 252/Def: 252/SpAttk: 6
Moveset:
Wish
Protect
Surf
Ice Beam/Toxic/Hp electric

Wish and aqua ring allow vaporeon to last in a battle while dishing out some nasty special moves. Surf at 142 base power (including STAB) does quite a bit of damage to those without water absorb or resistance to water. Ice beam allows vaporeon to have a chance at freezing its foes for a standing chance against sweepers and annoying stallers.

Great wish passer protect is needed for the free wish recovery

MACHAMP@Expert Belt
Ability: No Guard
Nature: Adamant
Attk: 252/Def: 136/SpDef: 120
Moveset:
Dynamic Punch
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Thunderpunch​

Dynamic punch confuses the foe as well as provide a devastating blow. Thunderpunch and Ice punch provide coverage against flying types, ground types, water types, grass types, dragon types, and others. Earthquake takes care of rock and steel as well as creating a scare into foes that dont usually have anything to be afraid of a.k.a. Electivire, nidoking, nidoqueen, drapion, and others.

Ok but SMOGON has much better sets

That was my team. If you have any suggestions please do say so. I do not object to others opinions unless the concede my own. Please comment very much.

Thankyou

;)
:p

Overall this team is horrible and is countered and/or beaten by everything in the metagame. I recommend going to smogon and learning....have a nice day =)

AirHorton

Shall we battle?
It doesn't have anything to do with people trying out those pokemon. It all comes to their knowledge of competitively battling. I mean on Vaporeon, there's no point to having Aqua Ring and Wish when you can just have Wish along with Protect to do some Wish passing, healing Vaporeon and others on your team.

Kujoshan

We've arrived...
Overall this team is horrible and is countered and/or beaten by everything in the metagame. I recommend going to smogon and learning....have a nice day =)

ok get the **** off this thread i CLEARLY stated NOT TO INSULT!

Kujoshan

We've arrived...
tho i gotta agree with u on the weezing editing.
thnx

spareux

maldición
I really hope you are the troll I first suspected you to be. Otherwise I can only but picture you in a happy little class that writes with pretty crayons.

And sheerly to avoid infractions on the offchance Reno can't see through your ridiculous persona, saying that Weezing's Sludge Bomb has 90 base power (in response to my earlier comment) neglects the fact that, in general, using Flamethrower / Thunderbolt generally cater to Weezing's role in a team moreso than the awful coverage provided by Sludge Bomb.

AirHorton

Shall we battle?
ok get the **** off this thread i CLEARLY stated NOT TO INSULT!

This is exactly what I mean. You can't take criticism lightly. Why even bother if you can't take any kind of criticism without insulting someone?

Kujoshan

We've arrived...
its the insulting that i dont take lightly not the criticism. sheesh

AirHorton

Shall we battle?
THAT WAS CRITICISM!!! He found too many faults with your team. Sheesh! Fix up your team, better yet SCRAP your team because I don't even know how you will get by with it.

Last edited:

ExplodingMuk

Cheese and Crackers
Clearly you know nothing about competitive battling. You need to go to smogon. NEED. This team is Crap. Spam. Unworthy of a rate from anyone. You are not even what you say you are, i.e., a self-proclaimed "Semi-Pro." You are the noob.

Shuckle the Snail

<--1400 Eggs so far
I could beat you with only one of my pokemon in my team.

lvl100blastoise

I just said this in another thread and I can't believe the immaturity on this forum but this guy MUST be a troll or a 10 year old boy.

MajorGambit

I have figured out the EVs for my Kanto team pokemon. I hope I get good comments on this team. Well, here goes...

ELECTRODE@Magnet
Ability: Soundproof
Nature: Timid
HP: 16/Def: 140/SpAttk: 40/SpDef: 60/Spd: 252
Moveset:
Magnet Rise
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Explosion​

With Magnet Rise, Electrode loses all weaknesses and nothing is super effective. Thunder Wave slows down the other pokemon for the rest of my team. Explosion gives me a last resort option when my HP gets low.

CLEFABLE@Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Modest
HP: 48/Def: 172/SpAttk: 252/SpDef:36
Moveset:
Rest
Snore
Cosmic Power
Shadow Ball​

With Magic Guard, Life orb doesn't take any of clef's health away while still raising damage x1.3. With rest it allows me to replenish my HP when it gets low and with this UU bliss it'll take alot to do even that. Cosmic Power raises defense and special defense while the enemy is trying hard to lower my HP. Shadow ball will take care of any ghost type that gets in the way since even a gengar would have trouble with clefable.

NIDOKING@Choice Scarf
Ability: Rivalry
Nature: Naive
HP: 52/Def: 140/SpAttk: 216/Spd: 100
Moveset:
Flamethrower
Megahorn
Ice Punch
Earth Power​

My prized possession. For this pokemon I will not be taking any suggestions and/or critiques about this selection. With Choice scarf nidoking has enough speed to outrun a max speed ninjask (Without any boosts). When sent out against a male pokemon this is a terror to be terrored. Flamethrower takes care of all pesky grass walls along with annoying bug sweepers. Ice punch takes out any dragon other than kingdra, and sends pokemon like gliscor, swellow, honchkrow, and hippowdon crying back to their mommies. Megahorn is a quick kill for psychics like espion, jynx, and mr. mime. low accuracy but doable. Earth power pwns the big steel walls like steelix, bastiodon, heatproof bronzong, aggron, and other tanks like ttar, rhyperior, golem, and relicanth. It also takes care of lucarios and magnezones along with probopasses and solrock.

WEEZING@Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
HP: 252/Def: 252/SpAttk: 4
Moveset:
Pain Split
Will-o-wisp
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower​

The annoying big ball. Levitate makes it impervious to ground types which are always the big fail in defensive walls. Will-o-wisp cutting the enemy's attack in half adds more to your enemy's demise. Sludge bomb is a strong move combined with STAB for a hard hit even if its not super effective. Thunderbolt takes care of those little birdies that peck at weezing like pidgeot, swellow, fearow, chatot, pelliper, gyarados, bird trio. plus pesky waterwalls like blastoise, vaporeon, wailord, gyarados (again), seaking, lapras, and starmie.

VAPOREON@Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Calm
HP: 60/Def: 176/SpAttk: 20/SpDef: 252
Moveset:
Wish
Aqua Ring
Surf
Ice Beam​

Wish and aqua ring allow vaporeon to last in a battle while dishing out some nasty special moves. Surf at 142 base power (including STAB) does quite a bit of damage to those without water absorb or resistance to water. Ice beam allows vaporeon to have a chance at freezing its foes for a standing chance against sweepers and annoying stallers.

MACHAMP@Expert Belt
Ability: No Guard
Nature: Adamant
Attk: 252/Def: 136/SpDef: 120
Moveset:
Dynamic Punch
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Thunderpunch​

Dynamic punch confuses the foe as well as provide a devastating blow. Thunderpunch and Ice punch provide coverage against flying types, ground types, water types, grass types, dragon types, and others. Earthquake takes care of rock and steel as well as creating a scare into foes that dont usually have anything to be afraid of a.k.a. Electivire, nidoking, nidoqueen, drapion, and others.

That was my team. If you have any suggestions please do say so. I do not object to others opinions unless the concede my own. Please comment very much.

Thankyou

;)
:p

And people lose their time complaining about ME!!!

Look at this thread. Seriously, OP, you gotta be insane. No other reasonable explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.