• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Updated Kanto Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP, you sort of defeated the whole purpose of an RMT with the ending of your post. You want suggestions, yet you don't want anything to change your opinion of your team or that you disapprove of. ANY suggestion will cause you to reject it since any constructive criticism will "concede your own." People on these forums are only trying to help you, yet when they do, you turn them away and make hollow threats and act stubborn and superior. If you planned on keeping this idea of a "team," you should've kept it to yourself..

Digital Love

Jew 'Fro's Graduate
alright, I'll try to rate this "team"

Electrode really doesn't use Magnet Rise effectively because he's quite frail. Overall he really doesn't add much to the team, as his only real effective role is as a rain starter. You can throw Taunt over Magnet Rise andhave a way to stop most SR, but really he's just not an effective lead.

I actually like how Clefable looks on paper. I've never seen a Snore set before. Though really Clefable can't effectively pull off sweeping with such low attack power. Clefable is better meant as a wall/tank. And Normal/Ghost doesn't get the best coverage. Really Clefable should be reconsidered with a different set/Pokemon alltogether.

As already said, Nidoking needs revising on his EV's. Other than that he's alright.

Weezing really doesn't need Thunderbolt with Flamethrower imo, he could use Explosion over it, but it's your choice.

Protect over Aqua Ring on Vaporeon

Machamp is okay I guess, he doesn't have the speed to sweep, though. The ResTalk set is much more viable.

In all honesty most of your Pokemon are trying to do roles that other s can do better. Since you're attempting an all Kanto team, I can only make limited suggestions, but I would say...Aerodactyl over Electrode. Aerodactyl is a much more effective lead in Standard. Snorlax over Clefable. Snorlax does a much better job as a wall. I still don't recommend using a Snore set, but eh.

Good Luck with your team. Overall simple revisions to your EV's will help you out a lot, and consider the jobs that Pokemon do best, example, Electrode does best as a Rain starter.

Kujoshan

We've arrived...
OP, you sort of defeated the whole purpose of an RMT with the ending of your post. You want suggestions, yet you don't want anything to change your opinion of your team or that you disapprove of. ANY suggestion will cause you to reject it since any constructive criticism will "concede your own." People on these forums are only trying to help you, yet when they do, you turn them away and make hollow threats and act stubborn and superior. If you planned on keeping this idea of a "team," you should've kept it to yourself..

you've got it all wrong dude. Concede my own means dont undermine it. dont insult it. just say ur opinion. no insulting needed just say wut You'd do with the pkmn.

Il consider it and. if it works for me il change it.

and I wouldv kept it to myself if i had known how half these ppl would react to a kanto team. sheesh.

Kujoshan

We've arrived...
alright, I'll try to rate this "team"

Electrode really doesn't use Magnet Rise effectively because he's quite frail. Overall he really doesn't add much to the team, as his only real effective role is as a rain starter. You can throw Taunt over Magnet Rise andhave a way to stop most SR, but really he's just not an effective lead.

I actually like how Clefable looks on paper. I've never seen a Snore set before. Though really Clefable can't effectively pull off sweeping with such low attack power. Clefable is better meant as a wall/tank. And Normal/Ghost doesn't get the best coverage. Really Clefable should be reconsidered with a different set/Pokemon alltogether.

As already said, Nidoking needs revising on his EV's. Other than that he's alright.

Weezing really doesn't need Thunderbolt with Flamethrower imo, he could use Explosion over it, but it's your choice.

Protect over Aqua Ring on Vaporeon

Machamp is okay I guess, he doesn't have the speed to sweep, though. The ResTalk set is much more viable.

In all honesty most of your Pokemon are trying to do roles that other s can do better. Since you're attempting an all Kanto team, I can only make limited suggestions, but I would say...Aerodactyl over Electrode. Aerodactyl is a much more effective lead in Standard. Snorlax over Clefable. Snorlax does a much better job as a wall. I still don't recommend using a Snore set, but eh.

Good Luck with your team. Overall simple revisions to your EV's will help you out a lot, and consider the jobs that Pokemon do best, example, Electrode does best as a Rain starter.

^ see? now THAT is what im looking for. no insults. no putdowns. just explaining uself without any hassle or language.

Thankyou Digital Love :)

AirHorton

Shall we battle?
Okay, um I see you put Rain Dance on your Electrode. I don't think you should do this. You see, when you have Rain Dance, your whole team should benefit from. It's called a Rain Dance team. Rain Dance teams consist of 3-4 pokemon that can set up Rain Dance. The sweepers usually would have the ability Swift Swim (Kingdra, Kabutops, etc.)

Basically, what I'm trying to say is don't use Rain Dance on Electrode, since the only pokemon who benefit from it are Vaporeon and Electrode itself. That's all of have for now.

BlackHeart

Gnarf Gnarf Gnarf
.....But what he said wasn't too different from what everyone said in the first post? He'll try and rate this "team". Kujoshan, the teams lack a great deal of synergy. Weezing+Vaporeon isn't a very good defensive core, and nothing can take STAB Draco Meteors and Outrages too well (understanding that there are no steels in kanto) Why are you using Rain Dance, honestly you would be wasting your time. And you have no real sweepers, Dragonite cannot sweep too many pokes, considering all the priorty moves and scarfs, Nidoking has a choice item, and Electrode really accomplishes nothing, even when getting rid of his weakness to ground through Magnet Rise. Your team lacks an offense and a good defense, which I think is the result of poor team-building. For example Nidoking is usually outclassed by pokemon other pokes, like Tyranitar, as Nidoking can't properly sweep. And why in Dragonite's set he can KO Wailord and some other UU/NU threats? Uhm btw Dragonite can't KO Skarmory with +2 T-punch. Before posting yet another new team, GO TO SMOGON. End of story. Read some articles, look at the strategy pokedex. Maybe look at an RMT are two. It'll help tremendously.

King45King

Im Just a King.
Let me try to rate this team in a positive Yet Respectful Manner.
I have figured out the EVs for my Kanto team
pokemon. I hope I get good comments on this team. Well, here goes...

ELECTRODE@Magnet
Ability: Soundproof
Nature: Timid
HP: 16/Def: 140/SpAttk: 40/SpDef: 60/Spd: 252
Moveset:
Magnet Rise
Thunder
Rain Dance
Explosion​
~Ok First off your Electrode...I dont know if your thinking about competing with this team or w.e But whats the point of this pokemon? With all due Respect...Electrode is very Fragile and Many leads can take it out...Leads from metagross to Swampert. I suggest you atleast change this.
With Magnet Rise, Electrode loses all weaknesses and nothing is super effective. Thunder Wave slows down the other pokemon for the rest of my team. Explosion gives me a last resort option when my HP gets low.

CLEFABLE@Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Modest
HP: 48/Def: 172/SpAttk: 252/SpDef:36
Moveset:
Rest
Snore
Cosmic Power
Shadow Ball​

With Magic Guard, Life orb doesn't take any of clef's health away while still raising damage x1.3. With rest it allows me to replenish my HP when it gets low and with this UU bliss it'll take alot to do even that. Cosmic Power raises defense and special defense while the enemy is trying hard to lower my HP. Shadow ball will take care of any ghost type that gets in the way since even a gengar would have trouble with clefable.
~Everything is Ok with this set..But Im not a real fan of Rest or Snore...Change rest with Softboiled and change Snore with flamethower...Btw why are you investing so much special attacking Evs when you have 1 Special move? It really Dont make sense if you ask me. And it dont affects blissey..Which outstalls This Clefable.

NIDOKING@Choice Scarf
Ability: Rivalry
Nature: Naive
Attk: 40/Def: 100/SpAttk: 252/ Spd: 116
Moveset:
Flamethrower
Megahorn
Ice Punch
Earth Power​

My prized possession. For this pokemon I will not be taking any suggestions and/or critiques about this selection. With Choice scarf nidoking has enough speed to outrun a max speed ninjask (Without any boosts). When sent out against a male pokemon this is a terror to be terrored. Flamethrower takes care of all pesky grass walls along with annoying bug sweepers. Ice punch takes out any dragon other than kingdra, and sends pokemon like gliscor, swellow, honchkrow, and hippowdon crying back to their mommies. Megahorn is a quick kill for psychics like espion, jynx, and mr. mime. low accuracy but doable. Earth power pwns the big steel walls like steelix, bastiodon, heatproof bronzong, aggron, and other tanks like ttar, rhyperior, golem, and relicanth. It also takes care of lucarios and magnezones along with probopasses and solrock.
~ Nidoking Dont even Belong in the OU Envioroment...He gets smashed...And then you say stuff like "Sends Hippowdon Crying Back to there Mommies" Uhhh Last time i checked Hippowdon Murders Nidoking..As Ice Punch Dont do much Beacuse of Hippo Good D.

WEEZING@Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Bold
HP: 252/Def: 252/SpAttk: 4
Moveset:
Pain Split
Will-o-wisp
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower​

The annoying big ball. Levitate makes it impervious to ground types which are always the big fail in defensive walls. Will-o-wisp cutting the enemy's attack in half adds more to your enemy's demise. Sludge bomb is a strong move combined with STAB for a hard hit even if its not super effective. Thunderbolt takes care of those little birdies that peck at weezing like pidgeot, swellow, fearow, chatot, pelliper, gyarados, bird trio. plus pesky waterwalls like blastoise, vaporeon, wailord, gyarados (again), seaking, lapras, and starmie.
~ Everythings ok...But Fearow huh? Last time i checked o_O not that many people Use Seaking/Fearow/Pelliper.
VAPOREON@Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Calm
HP: 60/Def: 176/SpAttk: 20/SpDef: 252
Moveset:
Wish
Protect
Surf
Ice Beam​
Wish and aqua ring allow vaporeon to last in a battle while dishing out some nasty special moves. Surf at 142 base power (including STAB) does quite a bit of damage to those without water absorb or resistance to water. Ice beam allows vaporeon to have a chance at freezing its foes for a standing chance against sweepers and annoying stallers.
~ Lol dont put aqua ring on vaporeon....Sets are either Wish,Protect,surf,Icebeam...Or toxic somewhere inplace.
Dragonite@Metronome
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Adamant
Attk: 252/Def: 96/SpDef: 56/Spd: 104
Moveset:
Dragon Dance
Thunderpunch
Earthquake
Outrage​

After one DD dragonite has enough attk to OHKO sala, garchamp, mamo, wailord, gyara, rhy and many others. Thunderpunch after two DDs is a sure kill for skarmory and zapdos. Thunderpunch also covers most water types along with flying (as long as its not also ground). Earthquake OHKOs pkmn like lucario and empoleon. along with ttar, metagross, electivire, and relicanth after 1 DD. And then regirock, registeel, steelix, golem, bastiodon, and others after 2 DDs. Outrage kills all others. Metronome ensures no more than 2HKOs.
~ You say after 1 DD Dragonite is going to be able to OHKO mamo? hmm...Ever heard of ice shard? I suggest you replace ThunderPunch With Roost...Besides Dragonite wont be able to get up 2 DD All the time....OHMyGOD....YOu have a Metronome on your Dragonite....No that's a No-No. Put Lum Berry on it or Leftovers.

That was my team. If you have any suggestions please do say so. I do not object to others opinions unless the concede my own. Please comment very much.

NO INSULTS. NO PUTDOWNS. AND NO P'ING ME OFF

~Im not trying to insult your team...But with all due respect it needs a grip of work on...I suggest you read some of our Guides...It helps alot.

Thankyou

:)
;)
:p

~King.

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
Ok first off I personally dont think this team is competitive at all but I will try to help you with it.

First since you are trying to keep it kanto only this will be tough. Your lead electrode, if it has rain dance you should have it hold damp rock and you should think of putting a kabutops in your team with swift swim maybe over dragonite cause I know you love your nidoking if you dont put in kabutops than you should switch your lead to aerodactyl.Vaporeon has to have wish and protect on the same set. Nidoking has bad evs otherwise it is not that bad. Clefable should hold leftovers and you should take some Sp.A evs and put them in Sp.D considering you only have one soecial attack. Weezing is fine but explosion over t bolt. Dragonite has a bad ev spread but like I said before you might want to change it to kabutops.

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
Jesus christ this is one hell of a flame thread.
but honestly i know it's annoying when you think you've got an awesome team and people are like "dewd ur team sux!!!!11" but you really should take their advice.
Electrode should have focus sash, even with those defensive EV's it's gonna die to the majority of attacks. Magnet rise is equally pointless, no lead that uses EQ can't beat you without it, even metagross, who's STAB's you resist easily beats you.
You should run taunt over it, as taunt shuts down a lot of opposing leads, stopped them from setting up (which is what the majority do). Also just run 82Atk/252SpA/176Spe Naive on Electrode, since it just wants speed and to hit hard, defensive EV's are wasted. Wereas that set lets you outspeed all over leads barring ninjask, who outspeeds you no matter how many Speed EV's you run.
Clefable is an amazing user of softboiled, since the only real advantage Rest gives is it removes status, which doesn't effect clefable much regardless. Run softboiled over rest and Focus blast/HP fighting over Snore. fighting+ghost has unresisted coverage. Also consider calm mind over cosmic power, since a lot of things will easily set up on Clefable since it can't really hit them back hard enough at all, scizor particularly enjoys The set up fodder Clefable offers.

Oh and smogon sets ae actually pretty awesome to start out with, i learned from smogon sets, they're a really good way to become familiar with each pokemon's strengths and weaknesses, and a general idea of the metagame itself.

Last edited:

Kujoshan

We've arrived...
ok ppl lemme set this straight. I. Do. Not. Like. Smogon.

So quit telling me to go there. It never helps me just makes me doubt myself...

I don't use it for my reasons. I personally think it SUCKS BALLS!

But hey, that's just me.

Good day.

Kujoshan

We've arrived...
Oh and for you dumb bells out there who keep saying clefable only has 1 special attack.

CHECK AGAIN.

rest
snore
cosmic power
shadow ball

Kujoshan

We've arrived...
^and 'lemme.' Last I heard, 'lemme' isn't in the dictionary. But I don't care for strawmen.

Anyways, I'm just stopping by to ask, did you know that Digital Love suggested replacements which are on Smogon sets? For example, he said Taunt > Magnet Rise: http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/electrode
He said, Protect > Aqua Ring on Vappy: http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/vaporeon
Your Weezing is also a Smogon set, as Machamp would have been if you had done the resttalk set. You obviously are using some Smogon sets, so you cannot hate all of it?

Anyways, the main problem with this team is its gimmickiness, apparently random EVs, and lack of synergy. If your EVs are unusual, you must tell us precisely what they do. And believe me, your EVs are very unusual. I don't mean for you to tell us what you told us in your other RMT thread; I mean precise as in, say (*checks first page*), Kingdrom's RMT thread. Each bunch of EVs must accomplish a purpose, or the spread is inferior to another spread.

As for gimmickiness, a bunch of this won't work against decent opponents. For example, Magnet only gives a 20% boost to electric moves, iirc. Yet, you only have one electric move, and it needs rain to be accurate. That means 2 turns before Magnet has the potential of being useful. Considering Electrode's frailty, it is unlikely it will be as useful as a Focus Sash. Rain Dance also benefits no one but Electrode, which makes Electrode useless team-wise.

Metronome on Dragonite requires it to use the same move over and over again. How often will you do this against a decent opponent? Probably not often enough to make it more worth it than a Life Orb or Leftovers or Yache Berry. It does something with Outrage, but due to the few who can take more than one or two of them, Dragonite will be dead before the Metronome becomes useful.

You're missing a steel type too, which makes you Dragon weak, and you have no core or strategy with the team, unless I missed it? In which case, you had better elaborate on it. I can't offer any suggestions for replacements until otherwise, but Electrode is fairly useless on this team and can go.

Last edited:

Kujoshan

We've arrived...
this is a kanto team fyi. There are no steel types unless i used magneton...NFE. so theres no way i can counter a dragon type move...though weezing can do a decent job of that...

Oh yes, that's right. Unfortunately, that is going to be quite a...costly decision. You can use Magneton, btw. Smogon unbanned NFEs a while ago. Maybe a Scarf Magneton > Electrode? I think Rad3n used one once with some success. Scarf Starmie can also revenge kill those who are locked into Outrage quite well.

Kujoshan

We've arrived...
one thing i never understood about competitive battling is what is a revenge killer?

I thought it was like scarf-trick payback/counter/magic coat/etc.

is it not?

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
Oh and for you dumb bells out there who keep saying clefable only has 1 special attack.

CHECK AGAIN.

rest
snore
cosmic power
shadow ball

How on earth you cna call anyone a dumb bell when your team is the biggest piece of **** on these forums i have no idea.
No i won't battle you before you ask, i have better things to do with my time than waste my time battling someone who is so obviously fail incarnate.
Honestly i speant my ****ing time trying to help you with that team and all you can say is that and that you don't like smogon?
I DON'T GIVE A ****ING **** WETHER YOU LIKE SMOGON OR NOT.
smogon knows a **** load more about competetive battling than yourself.
I may sound like i'm on my period but honestly the lack of ****ing appreciation by some people is ridiculous, i may not be the best ****ing rater but i still spend my time on each rate the least you could ****ing do is acknowledge that.
YOUR TEAM IS A PILE OF ****.
There, good day.
Flame on.

Status
Not open for further replies.