1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

updated team

Discussion in 'Older Gen RMT' started by fireson360, Sep 26, 2008.

1. fireson360

fireson360 MY HAIR ON FIRE!!

After reading my first thread I did some updating my team. But i'm still thing thinking because I need a water pokemon, but you can help out.

Yanmega@wise glasses
    speed boost
    Modest nature
    252 sp.att, 252 speed, and 4 defs.
    -Protect
    -Bug buzz
    -Hypnosis
    -Air slash

Alakazam@ Choice Scarf
    Synchronize
    Modest nature
    252 sp. att, 252 speed, 4 hp
    -Energy ball
    -Focus blast
    -psychic
    -shadow ball

Electivire@expert belt
    Motor drive
    Adament nature
    252 att, 252 speed, 4 hp
    -cross chop
    -ice punch
    -earthquake
    -thunder punch

Infernape@expert belt
    blaze
    jolly nature
    252 att, 252 speed, 4 hp
    -Flare blitz
    -stone edge
    -sword dance
    -close combat

Rhyperior@leftovers
    soild rock
    Adament nature
    252 att, 128 def, 128 sp. def
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake
    -Avalanche
    -Hammer Arm/Megahorn

Blissey@leftovers
    Natural Cure
    Calm nature
    252 hp, 200 sp.def, 56 def
    -softboiled
    -Ice beam
    -Aromatherapy
    -thunderwave

I might switch Alakazam for starmie, or kingdra, Starmie for spinning, or Kingdra only weakness is dragon and mad speed with swift swim, but not sure.
    Cant run focus slash on yanmega because its sad but ture he can take a hit. Note I don't emerald so I can't put seisimic toss on her. But i'm trying to get a clam chancey untouch which is hard to find one on trade fourms

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  2. torchic_lover

torchic_lover Well-Known Member

starmie... changes in bold

3. fireson360

Why would I try to max out blissey def, which isn't all that great still can't take a hit by a hercross with choice band. And I need a spinner because the dumb toxic spikes make turn green...

4. Frost Nova

Frost Nova The predator awaits.

Here's the winning question.

Why in the name of all things holy would you leave a Blissey in against a Heracross, especially a Choice Banded version? If it doesn't qualify as being extremely moronic and senseless I have no idea what does.

Psychic on Specsmie is pointless and achieves nothing, even with STAB.

Toxic Spikes can be alleviated with a non-Levitating Poison type.

5. turtleboy3840

turtleboy3840 Banned

just a small bit but thunderpunch is more helpful on infernape than stone edge

also timid alakazam is fast enough and then specs it not quite as fast but hits much harder

finally expert belts not that great on ape if it hits SE its almost always going to 0hko so the boost isn't very helpful try life orb and fire punch to alleviate some recoil problems

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  6. fireson360

well i'm going to wait for platium to come to get thunder punch. Already maxed out att and speed on inferape so not rebreeding. But anyways Is there anything esle wrong with my team?

7. Manafii101

Manafii101 Manafii Addict

Maybe Impish on Rhyperior to help it take physical hits better. The special defense EV's might work better in HP and probably Megahorn>Hammer Arm (better type coverage with EQ). Trick is brilliant on Specs/ScarfZam, you might want to consider it. If you're looking for a Rapid Spinner, Starmie>Alakazam or Donphan>Rhyperior.