• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Updates to Older Pokémon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bus

Since I doubt we'll see a change in type to any older guys, I'd like to actually see a new ability like Steelworker (only for Psychic moves) given to Psyduck & Golduck. Poor thing has been portrayed in anime and dex descriptions as being psychokinetic but never gifted with the secondary typing. If not through STAB, its time to give them the boost to Psychic moves in a different way.

I'd like to see Sacred Fire on Flareon. That'd be awesome.

While that would be nice, more than anything, Flareon needs some better physical moves to take advantage of its stats. It's only STAB physical fire choices are Fire Fang (not bad, but weak) or Flare Blitz (nice, but highly self-damaging). Time to give it some kind of Fiery Body slam for 80 or something. Maybe access to Crunch, too, since it does have Bite, but could use a better version.

EDIT: Just found out that Sacred Fire is physical. I didn't know that. Yeah, ok, that would be great lol.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I think Sacred Fire is a legendary signature attack, it's Ho-Oh's thing, it shouldn't be given to commoners like Flareon. Entei gets away with it because Entei is a legendary too and lore-wise it was resurrected by Ho-Oh.

Sprinter1988

Pidgey, Pidgeotto & Pidgeot - make its special attack higher to reflect that mega Pidgeot is a special attacker, add Air Cutter to its level-up move-set to give it a reasonable move at the lower level
Attacks:
Current: Change:
--- Tackle Gust
5 Sand Attack Sand Attack
9 Gust Quick Attack
13 Quick Attack Air Cutter
17 Whirlwind Whirlwind

Caterpie, Metapod & Butterfree - switch Caterpie's attack and special attack to reflect that it evolved into a special attacker. Let it learn Struggle Bug instead of Bug Bite at level 9. Give Metapod Protect at level 11 and Iron Defense at level 15. Give Butterfree access to Twister, Ominous Wind and Air Cutter somewhere in its level-up move-set. Add 10 to Butterfree's HP, Speed and Special Defence and 20 to its Special Attack to make up for it not getting a Mega Evolution like Beedrill.

Kakuna & Beedrill - as with Metapod, give Kakuna Protect at level 11 and Iron Defense at level 15. Add Aerial Ace and Megahorn to Beedrill's level up moveset.

Sceptile - Someone give this guy Dragonbreath and Dragon Pulse by level-up please! Because making its mega the way they did and giving it only Dual Chop was one of the biggest d**k-moves made by the developers in recent years!

Noctowl - add 10 to its Special Attack, Defence and Speed, give it Ominous Wind by level up

Samurott - add the fighting typing, add 20 to its Attack and Speed, let it learn Sacred Sword by level up.

Kage-Pikachu

I like those ideas Sprinter1988, the Pidgey line could definitely use some more Special moves and Sceptile definitely needs more Dragon options. I was so excited when Black and White was released that Samurott would be Water/Fighting and was very disappointed when that turned out not to be the case...

I still think Starmie deserves a Mega Evolution giving its long tenure in OU but base Starmie could use some buffs to its Hp and Defense and/or Special Defense.

Primarina is such a beautiful Pokemon and I love its power, I seriously wish it had greater Speed, Water/Fairy is such an amazing typing to have but it will die in multiple occasions before unleashing an attack. Trick Room helps but there are slower Electric types too.

A lot of gen 2 Pokemon could use some buffs like Jumpluff, I played with it a lot as a kid but it's seriously a terrible Pokemon with no redeeming qualities in combat. I think capturing all of the Unnown should unlock a special Unnown with great stats, Ability, and powerful Psychic attacks or at least a special version of Hidden Power (like double the base power). I mean we should seriously get SOMETHING for capturing all of them...

Status
Not open for further replies.