• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Updates you're most looking forward to in Pokemon Go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
i think instituting something like pokemon amie would be really nice... something to let you play with your pokemon (maybe even in AR?) outside of gym battles.

Burumun

Future gens, especially gen 2 and gen 3. Since my first games were Gold and Sapphire, sometimes it's hard to figure out which pokémon weren't introduced until those gens.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Trading is the biggest update I'm looking forward to since server issues are mostly resolved. They really need to get this feature implemented before Worlds if they want it to bounce back.

porygonfan

Future generations
Shiny Pokemon
Local weather increasing/decreasing what Pokemon show up. Same as day/night feature.
Trading
Get cp or stardust battling, battling nearby players
Map fixed to show exact spot you caught each Pokemon
More badges, like for trading or finding country exclusive Pokemon
Master ball

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Is it just me who has NO interest in trading or battling? Maybe. I think those would be annoying features.

Here's what I'm looking forward to:

1) BRING BACK TRACKING
2) Put an end to the "All Pokémon Are Created Equal" nonsense. Why am I getting the same XP, stardust, and candy from a CP10 Caterpie as I am from a CP800 Elektabuzz? It's absurd.

GreenApple

Cherish the Day
Breeding
Trading
Trainer Battles
Other ways to level up your Pokemon besides candies.
Ways to interact with your captured Pokemon

KurashiDragon

Well-known Dragonite Enthusiast
I look forward to the day the steps work so I can go after that Victreebell I couldn't find, that snorlax I couldn't find, and that DRAGONITE I COULDN'T FIND!

porygonfan

Is it just me who has NO interest in trading or battling? Maybe. I think those would be annoying features.

Here's what I'm looking forward to:

1) BRING BACK TRACKING
2) Put an end to the "All Pokémon Are Created Equal" nonsense. Why am I getting the same XP, stardust, and candy from a CP10 Caterpie as I am from a CP800 Elektabuzz? It's absurd.

Good point about the stardust! Higher cp should offer more stardust.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
okay I do like to have more pokemon but seriously I like to have a update where some of the candy requirements are lower because somethings like magikarp is extremely hard to evolve so you have to be like super sure to evolve one before you do because you have to catch tons more of the karps all over again or just catch a gyarados normally but you have to be a decent level to get it though...

jabber2033

My top 5 Hopes:

1. Pokemon Tracker fix
2. Trading/Battling with other players outside Gyms
3. Candies fix (2 for 2nd stage Evolution, 3 for third stage)
4. New Generation Pokemon
5. Coins as rewards for catching things

About that last one, I don't see why we can't get 50-100 coins per capture. Honestly, the only way to get free coins now is by fighting Gyms, and it's not that much. For people who don't live near a lot of PokeStops or Gyms, coins from catching things is a good way to be able to get more Poke Balls and things like Incubators.

Sprinter1988

1) sort out the candy issue!
2) I seem to be suffering a weird glitch where the first pokeball I throw in any encounter just flies offscreen no matter how lightly I throw it - I'd like this fixed soon!
3) The removal of all eggs containing Pidgey, Rattata, Caterpie, Weedle and Drowzee. These pokemon are everywhere already - I don't need them coming out of eggs too!
4) I owned a Weepinbell until about two updates ago. Now I don't have a Weepinbell. I would like it back!

porygonfan

1) sort out the candy issue!
2) I seem to be suffering a weird glitch where the first pokeball I throw in any encounter just flies offscreen no matter how lightly I throw it - I'd like this fixed soon!
3) The removal of all eggs containing Pidgey, Rattata, Caterpie, Weedle and Drowzee. These pokemon are everywhere already - I don't need them coming out of eggs too!
4) I owned a Weepinbell until about two updates ago. Now I don't have a Weepinbell. I would like it back!

I get #2 aswell I hate it wastes a pokeball!

Some people won't mind hatching common Pokemon because you can get very high cp then evolve them and all their evolutions can be good gym Pokemon.

Drakoflash1

Pokemon Master
Pokemon Go Upcoming update theories

So I created this thread to discuss what you guys think the next updates could have in store, or what features could possibly be implemented!

Personally I'm curious of whether if they will distribute new items, and if so if they will be acquired through pay to play or during leveling up. I wonder if they would give those items to players who already achieved the levels or if people will have to start over or buy more.

Let me know what you think!

Tuvixer

I think trading is next
But who knows. Maybe the next update will be about something minor. And then in october they will introduce trading.

Drakoflash1

Pokemon Master
I think trading is next
But who knows. Maybe the next update will be about something minor. And then in october they will introduce trading.

Yeah I'm sure it'll be a ton of small insignificant updates then in a while they may release something worth while, all we can do is hope they'll be quick with it.

Pokemon Go trading, that's for sure. Pokemon Go developers advertised this feature in their Pokemon GO trailer, but still not released.. ;(

Tuvixer

Do you think that when they introduce trading, they will also change how some Pokemon evolve, like Gengar?

Status
Not open for further replies.