• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Updating Wii saves stored on an SD card?

Surfing_Pikachu

Alrighty then, let's get to the point. Say I upload a Twilight Princess save to my SD card. The next day, I clear the next dungeon and want to update the save on the SD card to show that beat it. Do I simply need to insert it into my Wii to update it automatically? Or do I have to delete the save from the card, and then put it on it again?

BCVM22

Your Wii will do nothing automatically. Anything having to do with card-saved game saves has to be done manually.

Cobalt_Latios

Alrighty then, let's get to the point. Say I upload a Twilight Princess save to my SD card. The next day, I clear the next dungeon and want to update the save on the SD card to show that beat it. Do I simply need to insert it into my Wii to update it automatically? Or do I have to delete the save from the card, and then put it on it again?
I don't mean to interrogate on the subject (hopefully you get the context of that...), but you wouldn't be trying to do something like the Twilight hack for Homebrew, now would ya?

If you're not, then, sorry I asked. You just mentioned Twilight Princess and saving to SD card, and I guess I thought, maybe... you know.

Well, yeah, BCVM22 said it the first time. I just thought I'd ask if you were attempting something else.

<C_L>

Surfing_Pikachu

That's a real shame. If something were to happen to my Wii, I would be missing some things then. Maybe I should do a content check on my SD card every month or something. That should keep everything ship shape.

I don't mean to interrogate on the subject (hopefully you get the context of that...), but you wouldn't be trying to do something like the Twilight hack for Homebrew, now would ya?

If you're not, then, sorry I asked. You just mentioned Twilight Princess and saving to SD card, and I guess I thought, maybe... you know.

Well, yeah, BCVM22 said it the first time. I just thought I'd ask if you were attempting something else.

<C_L>
Nope, just an example. But if you must know my current relationships with Homebrew, I already ha- *shot*

BCVM22

If you're intent upon using your SD card as a backup for all Wii games that allow their save files to be transferred (some don't, including some big titles), then I would treat it as you would any sort of backup and update it weekly or whenever you make big progress in a save file.

For my archives, I update my external hard drive weekly at the very least and my other backups only slightly less often - treat your SD card like that.