• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

URGENT! NEED HELP! Legal Mismagius is unusuable in Battle Spot. Transfer Glitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I'm new here, this is my first post and honestly I could not find any help or insight from anyone on this issue. So here's the thing. I like an immersive Pokemon experience. Part of that immersion, is that I prefer legit Pokemon caught from the wild or if I really want good IVs for multiplayer, I breed Pokemon from legit Pokemon. I do not like trading Pokemon with strangers and I probably never will, these are Pokemon I not only build a team for competitive multiplayer but for an immersive single-player experience. In shorter words, none of my Pokemon are hacks.

So this is a glitch I think I discovered and needs to be spread across the web unless you guys know what it is and how it can be solved.

Part of my team-building for Pokemon Crystal was to get a Misdreavus so I can later evolve it into Mismagius. That's what I did. I transferred Misdreavus to Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon and evolved it to Mismagius only to find out that it is the only Pokemon on my team that is unusable in Free Battle. I later decide to mess things around to see what's wrong. I transferred three Misdreavus's from Pokemon Crystal and guess what? They were all usable in the Battle Spot. So what did I do next? I evolved them to Mismagius with a dusk stone and guess what! They are all unusable in the Battle Spot.

Now this is a theory I have but I think that either exclusively Mismagius evolved from a GSC Misdreavus cannot be used in Battle Spot due to some glitch or that Gen 4 Pokemon evolved from Gen 2 Pokemon transferred from GSC are unusable in the Battle Spot. If you don't believe me and think that my Mismagius is hacks, than try it yourself. A friend of mines tried it and he got the same thing.

Other than that, what do you guys think it is? Is there already a solution or this a new glitch unheard of before?

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Does it maybe have a move that only Misdreavus from Gen 2 can learn? This isn't the first time GFs hackcheck system wasn't updated properly, this has happened before with obscure poke ball Pokemon to! It's really lame. :/

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Nah, if it was moves it'd also block the Zap Cannon Misdreavus, and people have also been using Curse Lugia and Curse Murkrow for a while now. The game just sees a gen-4 pokémon in Mismagius with the virtual console transfer symbol and thinks it's hacked because Mismagius doesn't exist in the virtual consoles. You'll just have to wait for them to update PGL or breed it in Alola to get a gen 7 Mismagius.

That said, don't take your transfer pokémon to the rated battle spot, all transfers from generations earlier than gen 6 are banned in the rated battle spot.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I tried a lot of things including messing around with the moves, leveling up, changing the EVs with berries, removing it's item. It originally had Calm Mind, Destiny Bond (an Egg Move through Wobuffet), Shadow Ball, and Dazzling Gleam. I tried deleting the entire moveset and changing the last move to Thunder and Mismagius was still unusable online. So I definitely think it has to do with the fact that it's either a problem exclusively with Mismagius or that all Gen 4 Pokemon evolved from Gen 2 Pokemon from the Virtual Consoles are mistaken for hacks. This really sucks. I really hope this doesn't affect transfers to Generation 8.

Also I feel like this is a very serious problem and Gamefreak needs to fix this as soon as possible. I'm not sure if there even aware that this error exists at this point. Probably won't be seen by anyone at Gamefreak but is there anyway to send a message about this error to Gamefreak like contact support or do I have to try to spread the word about it like all the other glitches or broken features before?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.