• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

US Get Season 1 on DVD Nov. 21

Finally, Pokemon arrives in the states.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Well, we already have Master Quest boxsets and Pokemon Advance boxsets, so this isn't the first boxset treatment we've gotten.

Hopefully after they finish Kanto they do Johto Journies. Orange Islands and JLC are already on collectors disc so unless they revamp them there's little need to do those.

Neko Godot

Hey! Listen!
Well, we already have Master Quest boxsets and Pokemon Advance boxsets, so this isn't the first boxset treatment we've gotten.

Hopefully after they finish Kanto they do Johto Journies. Orange Islands and JLC are already on collectors disc so unless they revamp them there's little need to do those.
OI doesn't need a redo, however it would be nice if we got a boxset for Champions, as the individual discs are a nuisance to find.

Lil Brother

Just kinda there.
I wonder when volumes 2 and 3 are going to be released, anyway? Hopefully before mid-2007, we don't need another gap between the two Advanced boxsets. :/

I do agree it would be nice to have season four boxsets, but it's really not as neccesary as it is for Johto Journies. Think finding the seven or eight Johto League Champions DVDs is hard? Try to find all the Johto Journies DVDs, which don't even include all the episodes.

wish it could be releaced uncut! i know that the old dub can't be due to various reasons but they could jus either releace it in japanese only w/ subtitles or (and please don't flame me for saying this) they could just re-dub it with the new voices to make up for the dub

Neko Godot

Hey! Listen!
wish it could be releaced uncut! i know that the old dub can't be due to various reasons but they could jus either releace it in japanese only w/ subtitles or (and please don't flame me for saying this) they could just re-dub it with the new voices to make up for the dub
Uh, Kanto actually got the best dub out of the series.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I really wish people would stop holding their breath for the Japanese version included.

If that were too happen, PUSA would have included it on the Season 1 boxset.

Neko Godot

Hey! Listen!
I really wish people would stop holding their breath for the Japanese version included.

And the boxset would have been A LOT more expensive.

thats not true, the old dub can't be put with the japanese version on the same DVD! well i mean they can, but it wouldn't work out! fact is the 4kids dub has too many cut scenes and too many edits that simply taking the old dub and putting it under the japanese version wouldn't work out. problem is that theres too many times were the music is changed, the fact that all silence is replaced with music, and that theres lines of dialoge that for whatever reason were changed, cut scens that can't simply be restored without dubbing a couple of extra lines (and why would anyone want to hear the old voices, and then for one scene the new ones, then back to the old ones?), if it was just that slap or two in the first two episodes that would be one thing, but in order to give us an uncut first season would require for the whole Squirtles threat to dye Misty's hair purple line to be re-dubbed, as well as the entire cut scene in the beauty and the beach episode! and lots more stuff that can't be done without either re-dubbing the series with the new voices, or the old voices to be involved! so it's no surprise that the DVD box set isn't going to include the japanese version

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
@uncutpokemon: Correction, the boxset couldn't have had the Japanese version included because there were edits to the visuals. As long as there aren't any edits to the visuals, then the Japanese audio could still exist alongside the English audio even if there are music edits in the dub.

ReallyOcean

Thunder Trainer
This is about eight years too late.

There are already plenty of very good quality videos with all of these episodes out.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
This is about eight years too late.

There are already plenty of very good quality videos with all of these episodes out.

Why watch some crappy VHS with only 3 episodes per tape when you can watch about 26 episodes on a superior quality DVD boxset?

Are you the kind of person who still has a VCR and never upgraded to a DVD player yet?

WheelerTheViper

Procrastinate Today!
Man, it had to be a day before my birthday. All well, maybe I'll still be able to get it. I've missed the first seasons pretty badly.

And Pokemon is a series I couldn't care less if we got uncut or not. :/

ReallyOcean

Thunder Trainer
Why watch some crappy VHS with only 3 episodes per tape when you can watch about 26 episodes on a superior quality DVD boxset?

Are you the kind of person who still has a VCR and never upgraded to a DVD player yet?
I've watched a lot, and from what I've seen, you're so condescending and just plain rude to people on the forums. Why? There isn't really a reason for it at all (That I can see at least.). If there is something you need to get out, you can PM me if you'd like.

Anyway, I wasn't even speaking about VHS episodes. I was speaking about episodes captured from TV. I have a DVD player.
Point me to the other Kanto DVD box set that features half a season for $26.
/me points to self.

Although it would be free, doing so would be against the rules on this forum.

Last edited: