• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

US music in the JPN version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt0044

I saw a Japanese trailer for Destiny Deoxys where the Dance Mix from the 2BA Master CD was used in the videos final seconds. Have any other America Pokemon songs made cameos in the JPN version?

Also would it be cool if that happen at other times?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
M2M's Don't Say You Love Me was considered the American theme song for the first movie, and was played a lot back in 1999/2000 when the fact that Pokemon was internationally popular was made a big deal out of.

yoshi1001

Pokémon Lyricist
The first two movie soundtracks were sold in Japan (popular US music often is). The Japanese Don't Say You Love Me single actually has an exclusive track-the karaoke version of the song.

matt0044

Thanks but I was sorta meaning in the show itself. Wouldn't it've been cool to have the US songs in the JPN version (maybe translated)?

randomspot555

There was actually an English version of one of the Japanese ending themes, Type Wild. Beyond that, I doubt the US produced music has been used much, if at all, in the Japanese anime or movies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
The English version of Type Wild was produced for the "Pokemon Encore" TV show, which showed reruns of older episodes with both the Japanese and the English audio track available. It's not US music.
Of course, actual US music was used during the English audio track for Pokemon Encore, though.

matt0044

Any other cases? And how cool would it be to have some of the songs dubbed in Japanese?

Thingamajig

I think the only instance of dub music actually being used in the Japanese version of the anime is when that awful theme from "The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon" was used as the opening theme in the Japanese version as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.