• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

US Open Tennis/Others

BlazingCold

So here's teh thread for tennis. Yep.

Who'dya think's gonna win US Open? Predicting Nadal, although just because Djokavic's shoulder has been bad. On the girls side, I'm going with Woznacki. I don't know; it just feels like she's gonna win it. So: what do ya think?

Vernikova

Champion
Djokavic because he's been tearing it up all year. He's only lost once or twice since the season began.

Wozniacki hasn't won a single major title. I'm choosing Azarenka for the hell of it. She's never won anything either but whatever. I'd choose her over Wozniacki.

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
I'd love for Djokovic to win it. He's been great this year.

As for the women, I've always been a Williams fan. They've had a tough year but I think they could overcome it and get the title. I'd probably support Serena more. Before her injuries she was becoming unstoppable.

BlazingCold

Djokavic looks great but that match Nadal play against that guy makes me think he's inprepared.

I think Djokavic now. His shoulder looks fine.

Vernikova

Champion
Venus Williams dropped out. One step closer to Azarenka winning it all. It's amazing how this year's slams winners for the ladies side are dropping like flies. Or is that only Li Na?

Mens' side is mostly chalk of course.

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
Venus Williams dropped out. One step closer to Azarenka winning it all. It's amazing how this year's slams winners for the ladies side are dropping like flies. Or is that only Li Na?

Mens' side is mostly chalk of course.

*Cries* It's all up to Serena now. )':

pirate555

Word.
As a Brit I'll loyally support Murray (whether he wants my English support or not), but in all seriousness I'd bet on Djokovic to be this year's winner. He's barely lost a match this season, and he's in blazing form. There used to be the possibility that he'd tire in a long match or suffer injury niggles, that just doesn't appear to be the case this year.

No British ladies left in the women's draw now though. I'll support any tennis player who isn't Azarenka or Sharapova, any tennis player who isn't excessively vocal, in other words. Matches filled with ferocious shouts and screams are torturous to watch...

Buchou

filch some swag
If Djokovic won this year, I would be one happy little girl.

As for the women, I'm kind of sad Venus dropped out. Ah well, anyone but Sharapova can get my vote. As pirate555 said, I don't like the excessive shouting and vocals.

BlazingCold

I'm a fan of Sharapova but she isn't gonna win.

On the other hand; Federer looks well.

Prelude

Prelude
Djokovic looked completely fine in his last match.

Watching Nadal now. Surprised by Sharapova's loss. Kinda happy about that though.

pirate555

Word.
Who is Nadal up against? I can't find info on any matches other than the one on the radio right now.

The one on the radio right now is brilliant, just incredible. Okay, some of the tennis isn't of the highest standard, but Murray and Haase are really getting at each other in the final set. I'm narrowly supporting Murray, being 50% British, 50% Dutch. Murray was two sets down, came back to storm through the next two and a half sets, but Haase has found his spirit again. Exciting!

BlazingCold

Sharapova lost and my family is dissapointed.

Djokavic looks like he's taking a walk in the park here.
-Tibbah

He was he was, but I love Federer so much :(

TrollFreak

Pit is Awesome :P
^ ugh, cant believe that joko won :( 2nd time this year that federer blew it :(

P.S someone VM me who won the nadal-murray match ok

Nephos

Lelouch Lamperouge
I like nadal to win. I didn't really watch tennis much till I saw him play now I watch it.

Vernikova

Champion
It was good to see Serena lose and to see her ***** during the match while only getting a $2000 fine. That's what all of the memorable greats do after all.

Nadal lost to Djokovic once again this year. Nothing surprising there. It was a good Open this year.