• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

US to Shoot Down Broken Spy Satellite

vaerna

I think it's a good practice run for many reasons. If they can get a SAT they can get the same size meteor before it causes damage. It's scary to think about but I hope for the best. I don't want that hunk of tin in my backyard.

facetious

facetious
I think it's a good practice run for many reasons. If they can get a SAT they can get the same size meteor before it causes damage. It's scary to think about but I hope for the best. I don't want that hunk of tin in my backyard.
Because the chances of that happening to you are so astronomical, there's no chance at all the debris will land in some other people's yards!

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
I'm a bit worried about what other countries will think of the U.S. using missiles, even if it is to shoot down the satellite. I don't want another Cold War to occur over a stupid misunderstanding. Of course, that's how many fights begin.

Anyway, the heat from the atmosphere will probably weaken what's left of the structure, and it probably won't cause much damage. Of course, if the burning parts hit a forest or any oil goes into the ocean, that's a different story.

ironknight42

If it gets shot down the atmosphear will take care of it but if it comes down in one piece not so good.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
If it gets shot down the atmosphear will take care of it but if it comes down in one piece not so good.

If it isn't destroyed in the resulting impact of the missile, then it will likely fall to Earth. Its hull needs to be resistant to the extreme levels of the atmosphere's heat, as it is so near it all of the time, and went through it to get where it is now. However, it probably will be blown to bits or blown open, where the heat can melt it from the inside.

the total best!

If the missiles miss won't it just burn up in the atmosphere? Even if it dosen't, chances are that it will most likely hit the ocean, seeing as Earth is mostly water. However, whats most important is that noone gets hurt.

latios reborn

here's a auestion so instead of the shooting it down making smaller pieces that could burn up re-entering, you all want it to come in and crash land somewhere possiably land and have a bigger bang then?

nubinator

Banned
omg people americans only idea was to blow it up

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
omg people americans only idea was to blow it up
What else should they do?

Let it fall in one piece with the toxic fuel? No. Unless they can make it fall into the ocean safely, and the fuel has no affect on the ocean and the environment... a miscalculation would be fatal too - I imagine if the rockets miss, this is the 'next' line of defence.
Somehow intercept it with a shuttle and make it go away? No, bit too much as it is already quite close to the atmosphere.
... use magic? No.

The thing is, there's not that much that they can do to stop it - making it into several small pieces that will allow the atmosphere to burn it up is one option.

Judai-and-sho

The Best of the Best
It's scary but we have to trust that they know what they are doing.

Vashperado_S

~+ Sound Trainer~+
I read this on my celltop on my cell phone, but didnt read anything about WHO put it there... does anyone actually know who put that thing up there in the first place?

BCVM22

I read this on my celltop on my cell phone, but didnt read anything about WHO put it there... does anyone actually know who put that thing up there in the first place?

Well, the article very clearly states that it's a U.S. spy satellite, so...

Vashperado_S

~+ Sound Trainer~+
Well, the article very clearly states that it's a U.S. spy satellite, so...

I know, I read that, but I thought that meant that it was a spy satellite from a different country spying on us.... EDIT: Ok if we put it up, and its the fuel that is toxic-like, and we have to shoot it down before it reaches earths atmosphere and the fuel goes everywhere, why is it returning into earths atmosphere? did something malfunction?

Last edited:
I knew George Bush was in on this...Doesn't this sound like him?

"I'ma shewt down mah satellite, I don't want no ayleuns messin' with mah electronomical garbage cans..."

One of his speeches, I'm sure...Probably scribed it himself too...