• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

USA: WiiWare on May 12th, Wii Fit on May 19th

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
IGN.com said:
February 20, 2008 - According to a brief report by the Wall Street Journal, Nintendo is set to launch a Wii Channel for original downloadable Wii content, dubbed WiiWare, on May 12. Meanwhile, the anticipated exercise videogame Wii Fit will launch in America on May 19.

The Wall Street Journal elaborates that, "For games distributed over WiiWare, game makers won't need any approval from Nintendo, though they must get their games rated by an industry rating system."

IGN will have further details on WiiWare games in development and Wii Fit later today, so stay tuned.

Link: http://wii.ign.com/articles/853/853371p1.html

Awesome, now maybe we'll get a Mario Kart Wii release date soon and more info on WiiWare games!

~Scott;229;

trapezechimpanz

This is cool. Do you think the WiiWare set for Release is the Pokemon thing? (It's the only WiiWare I've heard of so far... haha)

-------

I'm so excited for WiiFit... althought I think my mom is more excited for it. haha

Smile Guy

Keep Smiling...
What about the Everybody's Nintendo Wii channel... Japan have had that one for months and months.

And, dare I say it, lest some USAian shouts at me to quit whining... what about a European release date?

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
European Release Date is April 25th for Wii Fit and April 11th for Mario Kart Wii in Europe.

I have a feeling the US will be getting Mario Kart in April seeing as Nintendo still says Spring 2008 and we already have Wii Ware & Wii Fit coming in May, so the only choice they basically have left is April too.

Nintendo says they are planning to spend a ton of money on the Wii Fit campaign, I have a feeling the Everyone's Nintendo Channel will be coming soon after reading that.

~Scott;229;

Last edited:

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
S'all I was asking, chief. No need to get anything bunched up.

Nothing was bunched up :p

I'm just waiting for the Mario Kart Wii release date for the US, then I will be happy. I still wanna know about Disaster: Day of Crisis and when it is going to come out though!!!

~Scott;229;

Skater Trainer

Like a Boss
I can wait for mario kart wii, wii fit, and wiiware. Its gonna be awesome. I think my parents are gonna love it, I already explained it to them and they want to buy the game, see most of the time I buy all the games in my household, bare in mind gifts and such. So this is gonna be cool. Now I just need money for mario kart.

woot21

super noob
Mario Kart Wii Euro Release Date Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=182834

Wii Fit Euro Releade Date Source:
http://kotaku.com/358518/europe-gets-wii-fit-a-month-early

What now BCVM22?

~Scott;229;
Just going to point out that the Mario Kart Wii Euro Release date seems a bit fishy.

Two reasons really:
1) No North American release date yet, and Europe never gets big titles before North America. (see: Brawl, Galaxy, 2nd Phoenix Wright game, etc.)
2) 4/11/2008 is the date my local Gamestop is using as the anticipated shipping date for it, thus making it an anticipated 4/12/2008 release.

Also, isn't the normal release date for Europe Thursday, not Friday?

woot21 out dawgs

Last edited:

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
woot21

Mario Strikers Charged was considered a big game because it had WiFi, and it was released in Europe & Australia before it was in the US. Endless Ocean was released elsewhere before it was released in the US.

However you are probably right about the Mario Kart Wii Euro date. CVG I guess isn't the best source. But I don't know why a site would want to lie about a game coming out in their country, because that would be negative press for their site if it is found out the information they provided was false.

~Scott;229;

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
woot21

Mario Strikers Charged was considered a big game because it had WiFi, and it was released in Europe & Australia before it was in the US. Endless Ocean was released elsewhere before it was released in the US.

However you are probably right about the Mario Kart Wii Euro date. CVG I guess isn't the best source. But I don't know why a site would want to lie about a game coming out in their country, because that would be negative press for their site if it is found out the information they provided was false.

~Scott;229;

Mario Strikers Charged probably was released there first was because Soccer/Football isnt as big in the USA as it is in the rest of the world, but Endless Ocean, dunno what to say bout that "game".

Last edited:

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
True but since it is a WiFi game it is big no matter what the circumstance is. I don't know what the sells figures for the game were but I'm pretty sure since it has Mario on it and it is a Wi-Fi game is probably sold pretty well, but that is besides the point of the topic.

The point is that we are finally getting the stuff we want, even though there is always the possibility of delays since the releases aren't till later in the year. >_>;

~Scott;229;

BCVM22

True but since it is a WiFi game it is big no matter what the circumstance is. I don't know what the sells figures for the game were but I'm pretty sure since it has Mario on it and it is a Wi-Fi game is probably sold pretty well, but that is besides the point of the topic.

It sold "ehhhhh" for the most part. Just over a million units worldwide and only 240,000 in Japan as of September 2007. If you want a numeric comparison, the initial Japanese shipment of copies of Brawl at that title's launch was over 600,000.