• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Useless Knowledge!

fuyu-seetaa

Birthday: 8/14/1997!
Share with me your useless knowledge! And by this, I mean odd facts in the world or stupid laws in places. Or rather, things people don't really care about, but are interesting!

I'll just say, basically, don't share something that... will scar children for life. I'd give an example but that'd be breaking my own rule. And this includes inappropriate things for our younger users... Look at the spoiler below. And, I don't know how you'd do this, but don't secretly insult each other, and stay within Serebii's rules!
P.S., no religious referances. It's just uncalled for.

Drugs, sex, and reallyreally gorey stuff. Please don't talk about those kinds of things! And anything disgusting enough to make you retch.

I'll start.
Did you know that if you plug your nose, you cannot hum?

Last edited:

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
In Oklahoma, whaling (the hunting and killing of whales) is illegal. Not too weird of a law until you consider the fact that Oklahoma is landlocked.

Also, it's impossible to tickle yourself.

fuyu-seetaa

Wow... At least we know that Oklahoma cares! XD

"Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" has the same tune as the Alphabet song that's typically taught in school. Try singing it!

Hatsune Miku

umm lol this is hard. i think you can say bad stuff also you can say getting random stuff

fuyu-seetaa

umm lol this is hard. i think you can say bad stuff also you can say getting random stuff

Oh no, not really! I mean, it's simple if you don't over think it.
Like, say, look up your favourite animal... Is there something odd that you didn't know about?
Like this: A goldfish has a memory lasting three seconds.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
A teacher told me once that there are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with orange, purple, and silver. The closest I got was purple/verbal but close doesn't cut it.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
Things I didn't know about my state laws.
In Michigan it is illegal to
1) seduce and corrupt an unmarried girl, or else he risks five years in prison.
2) A woman isn’t allowed to cut her own hair without her husband’s permission.
3) You may not swear in front of women and children. (Repealed, 2002)
4) Any person over the age of 12 may have a license for a handgun as long as he/she has not been convicted of a felony.

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
Right handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people.

Don't try to change now.

Ceromax

Sceptile.
Human skin burns around 130 F Degrees!

Ang3l

A crocodiles jaw can bite with a force of 5000lbs per square inch. To put that in perspective, a fully grown great white shark can only bite with a force of 750lbs per square inch. The animal that comes closest to the crocodile in biting force is, surprisingly, the hyena, which can bite with a force of 2000lbs per square inch.....still doesn't really come that close.

Grey Wind

President Kennedy was the fastest random speaker in the world with upwards of 350 words per minute.

If you have 3 quarters, 4 dimes, and 4 pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar.

The numbers '172' can be found on the back of the U.S. $5 dollar bill in the bushes at the base of the Lincoln Memorial.

Mr G W

Insect power
Things I didn't know about my state laws.
In Michigan it is illegal to
1) seduce and corrupt an unmarried girl, or else he risks five years in prison.
2) A woman isn’t allowed to cut her own hair without her husband’s permission.
3) You may not swear in front of women and children. (Repealed, 2002)
4) Any person over the age of 12 may have a license for a handgun as long as he/she has not been convicted of a felony.

And i thought only fanatic arabian countries had idiotic laws like that...

Like this: A goldfish has a memory lasting three seconds.

I really hate that one. It so BS it stinks.

In the US you can only drink alcohol at 21 (or something) years old, yet you can carry a gun at 12 years old. Something here is wrong...

Last edited:

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
In the US you can only drink alcohol at 21 (or something) years old, yet you can carry a gun at 12 years old. Something here is wrong...
Yeah cause like I wanna live in a state where drunk kids can own a firearm!

Seriously Michigan has a popular hunting season and you can't hunt with your children if they can't be licensed. I personally don't hunt but father child bonding can be achieved in many different ways.

What bugs me more than the 21 drinking age is the 18 enlisting age. Old enough to die for the flag but legally to young to drink a salute to your fallen friends!

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
A goldfish has a memory lasting three seconds.

A common misconception. Goldfish have decent memories and they can be trained to do tricks, like this little fella.

As for some of my own facts:

A cat sleeps for up to 15 hours a day.

The chow chow dog has a blue tounge.

The average 3 year old laughs around 30 times a day, adults only laugh about 15 times. (Not sure about that one.)

The swan is the only bird with a penis.

The tallest man in the world was 8'11"

Zibdas

not bad
Pants were invented in the 16th century so that sailors could avoid the wrath of Poseidon. It is believed that the sight of naked sailors angered the sea god.

And according to Coloradan laws, one may not mutilate a rock in a state park.

metagrody6

COMO UN JEFE
In Pennsylvania it is apparently illegal to sleep on a refrigerator outside at night.
In this one town it is illegal to buy toothpaste and a toothbrush at the same time on Sunday.
I think in this one country it is illegal to fish while sitting on a camel.