• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Useless Knowledge!

Casual

Dance till I drop
If you wait two weeks until after you get eggs and then boil them, they'll peel easier.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
Today's entry of trivial knowledge
The first American monument to be dedicated to an insect was on December 11, 1919, in Enterprise Alabama. It was erected by the citizens "in profound appreciation of the Boll Weevil". The deadly destruction of cotton crops by the weevil had caused the farmers to diversify their crops, with the result that their income shortly jumped to triple the amount received in the best cotton years.

Remmie

I was told that Abraham Lincoln and John F. Kennedy had many coincidences that were a lot odd and pure coincidences. Lincoln was told by his secretary (whose last name was Kennedy) to not go to the theaters the night of his death and JFK was told by his secretary (whose last name was Lincoln) to not go to the parade or whatever he was doing when he got killed the day he died. There's a lot of other stuff but I don't remember them very well.

Defy all 0dds

Joltik Lover~
The shortest complete sentence in the English language is “I am.”

There is a lawsuit every 30 seconds in the U.S.

The longest word in the English language is ‘pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis’ which describes a lung disease caused by breathing in particles of volcanic matter or a similar fine dust.

And my favorite,
A moment is defined as zero seconds long.

The shortest complete sentence in the English language is “I am.”

There is a lawsuit every 30 seconds in the U.S.

The longest word in the English language is ‘pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis’ which describes a lung disease caused by breathing in particles of volcanic matter or a similar fine dust.

And my favorite,
A moment is defined as zero seconds long.

the longest word actually has 180k+ letters
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longest_word_in_English

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
Useless entry for the day:
There is a seven letter word in the English language that contains ten words without rearranging any of its letters, "therein": the, there, he, in, rein, her, here, ere, therein, herein.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
A few years ago this one Internet radio station I really like used to play a song containing many useless yet amusing facts. Some of the ones I remember from it are as follows:

- The first burglar alarm to be invented was stolen from the inventor.
- The word that is understood in the most languages is "OK", closely followed by "Coca-Cola".
- The book that has been printed in the most copies used to be the Bible, but has recently been surpassed by the Ikea catalog.
- In the UK, it usually takes a shorter amount of time for a pizza to arrive than an ambulance does.
- Donald Duck was banned in Finland because he doesn't wear any pants.

I'm not sure about the integrity of some of these facts (keep in mind the song came out in 2005 or so), but they were amusing anyway.

Ðãmon Howe

Stop posting DH.
The sand on most beaches today is actually artificially produced.

Mr Dragon

Crazy Dude

aclover

VICTORiOUS

but is NOT in the dictionary, which in MY definition, doesn't class it as a 'word'.

FUN FACTS:
~All porcupines float in water.
~The cells which make up the antlers of a moose are the fastest growing animal cells in nature.
~A hedgehog's heart beats 300 times a minute on average.
~You can tell a girl crab from a boy crab by their stomachs. A girl has a beehive and a boy has a lighthouse

Pir8Heart

ƸӜƷ
Well,

-licking a stamp burns 1/10 of a calorie
-you can't hum if you block your nose
-when you looks at someone you love, your pupils dilate
-this also applies to when you look at someone you hate
-DNA stands for deoxyriboneucleic acid
-This is the basis of Deoxys' name.

More people are killed by cows, deer, pigs, than by lions, sharks, or bears.
woowwww XD

anyways:
fortune cookies arent from china(oh the irony....sooo much irony.....)
sharks are the only fish that can blink
in al capones business card it says he was a used furniture dealer

littlea53

Prince of Darkness
Rice is the most environmentally demanding crop in the world. It takes in oxygen and breathes out carbon dioxide and takes alot of water.

Ðãmon Howe

Stop posting DH.
Bald Eagles have no vocal cords.

^^ Learned that little bit from a presentation I have to give later this month. Oh the joy...