• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Useless tms/hms

BlazingCold

Quash is stupid, I agree Gchu.

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
I hated Defog. It was so useless. It should have been a TM instead of an HM.

Aztec_Blaziken

Back to WiFi Battles

MegSuicune251

Pokemon's #1 Fan
Flash is the most obvious useless tm. I was so happy when it was demoted from an hm. But it was replaced with Defog though so, bleah. Also Bulk Up/Work Up and Bide in Gen 1. Some gym leaders give out the most worthless tms. :p

Toxicano

Lord of Shuckles
Bulk Up is a physical version of Calm Mind. It's not that worthless, when used on certain pokemon. Less useful than Calm Mind, but still fairly good.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Actually, Rock smash has a very good chance of lowering defence, and add that with the fact that Scizor can learn it. I'd use that with technition.

If it had a 100% chance of lowering Defense, I'd be more inclined to agree with you, but otherwise, it's way too weak to be viable.

Roar-Perfect move to use competetively. But u have to know how to use it. Make sure stealth rocks is in play and you can keep roaring to hurt the pokemon. Tho Dragon Tail is better but not all pokemon learn dragon tail.

Oh never mind, I was confusing it with something else.

Taunt- It doesnt let your opponents set up hazards or set up. How is that pointless?

It's pointless because it forces you to sacrifice your Pokemon basically. Unless you're willing to do that, it's utterly useless.

There is.
1. They're either HMs which you just need to cut like 1 think (or smash one rock etc)

Then don't make HMs so ****ing weak.

2. Technician is a VERY damn good reason. :)

Oh wow, keeping its base power low so a handful of Pokemon can get a slight power boost is totally useful.

Frustration: Can have a base power of 102.

Yeah, but who intentionally makes their Pokemon hate you? I'd think people would be much more likely to use Return than Frustration.

Snarl.

You have to get that unobtainable Lock Capsule to get it anyway.

This one isn't really that useless, but for what you have to go through to get it, it's not worth it. There are better Dark type moves out there.

Last edited:

emboarrocks

#1 emboar fan
Defog and Flash. Unfortunately you have to use those moves to see.

Meowth City

Staff member
^ Not necessarily. I get by without any of those two moves. Flash/Defog just make it easier to see where you're going, but it's not essential to get through the game.

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
It's pointless because it forces you to sacrifice your Pokemon basically. Unless you're willing to do that, it's utterly useless.
Whoa, whoa, WHOA. It's actually super important and useful. Taunt on something like Thundurus or Whimsicott lets you, first of all, stop them from setting up hazards which could severely damage your team, stop them from setting up, which could kill your team, stop them from using Taunt themselves which stops you from setting up, hazards or otherwise. If you use it on something like a Ferrothorn or a Scizor, or anything that you think will use a set-up move, then they are stopped and you get a free turn to do whatever you want. it's only through bad prediction that you get yourself killed.

pokemon1996

<-- I will get'em
Metronome in gen 1

Meowth City

Staff member
^ Not me. I gave Flash to my Pikachu in Yellow. I was a stupid kid that didn't know any other Pokemon who could learn it. I'm kicking myself for doing that especially since you don't really need Flash to get through the game. They should made it a TM instead like it is in the newer games.