• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

User profile was not loaded correctly.

~Silver Aura~

Back...ish
I've been having a troublesome problem with my comp for a couple of days now. when I log on it take awhile to start up saying

"Preparing Desktop"

When it finally starts up it looks almost factory reset. (Sims 3 and AVG are still there) Then a message pops up saying

"User profile was not loaded correctly logged on to temporary file changes will be lost when you log out."

Or something along those lines and none of my saved stuff is there. I tried restarting switching off and using system restore but none of it worked. I'm using Vista Home Premium. I looked on the Windows website but unless I missed something I didn't find anything that resembles my problem. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Darkrailuver

Rathalos Knight
i recently had this happen. what kind of files are on your comp? i had a bad file that messed it up, but my familys comp wouldnt go past the loading screen.

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan
The profile associated with your account must have been corrupted, or if you're logging into a network based profile (i.e your school), the network is unreachable/not working properly.

If it's just a personal account on your own computer, try creating a new user in the users section of "Control Panel". This will create a new account with a new profile that you can use, instead of the messed up account. Make sure they're both administrators, so that you can access your old accounts files.

~Silver Aura~

Back...ish
Thank you very much. I did what you said and it appears to have worked. I also moved my files over to the new User Profile with next to no trouble so yay it's all good. Is it reccomended to delete the corrupted profile at all? I just want to be sure before I do it. Again thanks a bunch. :D

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan
I would leave it unless it's causing problems, since deleting it may screw with file permissions. If you don't have a lot of really important files, I would just delete it and see what happens. It shouldn't screw up your computer if that's what you're asking, at most it may create issues with files created by the old account. If you simply copy important files to another part of the drive, there should be a zero chance of issues.