• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Using hacked pokemon online

Status
Not open for further replies.

11jk1992

ShinyUmbreon11
Can anyone clarify the boundaries here on what will and wont get a person banned or disqualified from online tournament? While I would assume a charizard with 999 SpA is the fastest way to get banned, where is the line on 6 IV legendaries? Perfect pokemon? Most of us have no way to ever use a legitimate event pokemon from X years ago so I would hope there is some leniency as long as one is not genning or mass importing genned mons.

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
If it's generated through illegal means it's illegal and can get you banned. Mythicals are usually already banned in ranked to keep things fair. If you don't have those old events legitimately, use other pokémon.

11jk1992

ShinyUmbreon11
If it's generated through illegal means it's illegal and can get you banned. Mythicals are usually already banned in ranked to keep things fair. If you don't have those old events legitimately, use other pokémon.
But with it being possible to breed 6 IV pokemon, who's to say that a 6 IV gyarados online isnt legit and causes the player to be ban worthy as long as there are no illegal moves, etc.

11jk1992

ShinyUmbreon11
So if it shares the exact same code as a legitimate pokemon in your save file, than who's to say it was hacked is my point. Unless there is a factor I'm unaware of. In the view of legality is relative to perception.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Umm, no, the pokémon company and GameFreak decide the rules, and they deem that anything that isn't caught in the games, given as a gift pokémon in the games (like Poipole or a starter), given out as an event, or hatched from an egg is illegal. Same with moves, they decide that any pokémon knowing a move that it did not gain through egg move, level-up, TM, HM, TR, in-game tutor, already knew it at an event distribution or in-game gift (like Surf Pikachu), or in the case of Smeargle, learned it by Sketch, then that pokémon is illegal. It's literally in the rules.

11jk1992

ShinyUmbreon11
Correct. So to boil down what I'm asking, is there any indicator to game freak that a (possibly well genned) 6 IV pokemon was genned or not. I know myself and many others have received these through GTS and feel reluctant to not use them on the fact that "maybe" it was genned.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
^ This.

As for this thread, it's being locked now as talk about hacking and hacked Pokemon isn't allowed here on the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.