• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Using the GTS Website

DarthVader

Hey guys,

Whenever I search for a Pokemon on the GTS, it seems that almost all of the trade options are ridiculous. As in, if I want a Scizor, every time I search for one all of the responders want an event or version exclusive legendary.

So someone suggested that I use the GTS website (http://www.pokemon-gts.net/) to narrow down the options when I'm searching for a Pokemon on the GTS. Like if the GTS website records someone being willing to trade their Scizor for a Charmander, I could specifically search for the trader's location, level, and gender. Or if I wanted a Seismic Toss Blissey, I could specifically search for that trainer's one.

But every time I do this, when I actually login to the GTS on Platinum, I won't be able to find the trade offer in question. And this has happened every single time I've tried it. I'll get the "No offers detected" or whatever it is message, or I'll get a completely different (usually the typical one-sided ones you usually get) set of responders.

So... what's up with this?

Thanks a lot,

DarthVader

;355;

pastel

Viva el Reggaeton!
i dunno how gts works, just strange, sometimes, lets say i got 10 turtwigs, and im looking for a bidoof, but strangely, i cant trade them, they keep in black... its stupid. hate gts.

MidnightMag

Burning Star
It's becasue the GTS web site is only updated once a day, with the pokemon put in the day before. thats why you wont always finds what you want

Thats okay I just hate the platinum glitch were you cant see wanted pokemons levels

Radon

I just checked out the website, and got blasted in the face by some really awesome Pokemon evolution music. Anyway, I never knew this website existed! Thanks! :D

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Kristan2000, are you trying to advertise something? Because your message couldn't be more off topic. The topic is about the Global Trade Station for Pokemon, not Global Translations. I sure hope the forums aren't falling victim to automated spam messages...

The GTS website is updated at 1:30 am Greenwich MT, which means if you don't hop on @ 8:30 pm ETZ, or 5:30 pm here in CA, you will only know what was available hours ago. It doesn't help that the GTS website is just about as vague as the GTS terminal in the game either. Still, I have found good trades on the website that were still available to find and exchange for in the game, so don't give up!

DarthVader

Ok, in that case I'll have to convert 1:30 into Australia time and check the site then. :)

Thanks

DarthVader

It's barely been over an hour since it was 1:30 am Eastern, yet the GTS website details a huge number of people offering a level 100 Blissey... but there is only one person in the actual GTS who has one?

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
^If you trade something like magikarp or bidoof, do you really think that someone will trade you something you want?
These are real people we're talking about. Breed your rare pokemon, then trade the kids.
Jeez.

adam1990

The problem of the GTS is legendaries, bottom line. Legendaries should only be allowed to be traded with other legendaries. Then many of the problems and issues we have woujld be solved.

Or maybe if there was a feature to ask for trades without legendaries, that could also work.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
The problem of the GTS is legendaries, bottom line. Legendaries should only be allowed to be traded with other legendaries. Then many of the problems and issues we have woujld be solved.

Or maybe if there was a feature to ask for trades without legendaries, that could also work.

Not really.

Some pokemon are worth the same as a legend. A perfectly EVed and IVed Milotic, for one. It saves you the hastle of looking for a feebas, of breeding to get good IVs, AND of EV training.

Just one example.

Also, asking for a Lv. 100 Scizor for a Lv. 1 Bidoof is pretty ridiculous, yes?
I've seen it before. And worse *_*

Prinplup

Super, super =D
I saw a trade on the GTS website, somebody was trading a level 100 Rotom for a level 100 Rotom? It's just silly.

Prinplup

Super, super =D
I was looing at the website again, somebody was trading a level 23 Eevee for a level 1 Budew.

Badgerzftw

pogeymanz
maybe nintendo should just pull a runescape and remove unequal trade?

Because an "unequal trade" is subjective. Timmy, for some reason, may think his level 100 dialga is worth a level 13 farfetch'd while Jimmy thinks his own level 6 bidoof is worth an EV trained Arceus.

sitekickdude1432

Mega Absol <3
also alot of the time those trades are up there because people are trying to do the gts evo hack. i find that if you can use gts (i.e have wi-fi) its just better to use the trade forum. its just that little extra more reliable. plus you dont have noobs asking for a lvl 100 arceus for a lvl 1 bidoof

also
-----jordy kieto------
maybe nintendo should just pull a runescape and remove unequal trade?
---------------------
^ ROFL!!!!!! pokemon isent as stupid as jagex is

if you want to find a pokemon on the GTS, heres my idea.
i always use it.

offer a lvl 1 starter for a pokemon any level,
you'll get it. i've done it for about a week now with chimchars.
hasnt failed, only have to wait one day for someone to collect :)

bobri28

Get your snacks
The people on there are so optomistic. if you search for a starly, just a normal level 3 starly from the wild not holding anything and they want a level 100 deoxys or shaymin or something like that. also, like da impos said, starters are goodon there but i have found that mime jr fresh from the wild is wonderful on the gts