• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

USUM In-Game Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

future.newyorker

Since my wish came true, I will definitely be picking up a Duskruff. Never miss Iron Tails, Zen Headbutts, decent EdgeTantrum coverage. It’s all there this time. In fact, there’s too much to choose from! But definitely Iron Tail and Stone Edge for sure.

Especially since Stone Edge is what turns into Splintered Stormshard with the Lycanium-Z.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I'm not sure about ultra moon, but for ultra sun... I originally wanted decidueye, but after checking the datamine I'm gonna go with litten. So I'm gonna use that, a magnemite, (thunder wave to help catch pokemon), probably araquanid, crobat, tsareena, and I'll throw on jangmo-o in the end. Once they're all evolved, it'll be one big happy family.

Flamer

Purposely haven't put too much thought into who I want in my team. Like to leave it fairly fluid, and just see what Pokemon I get form an attachment to through my journey.

The only one I definitely want to use is the new Lycanroc Dusk form. Not a huge fan of any of the Alolan starters, so plan on using it as my de-facto starter instead. Took a similar approach with my Alolan Raichu in Sun, although I did keep Terracat in the team for most the play through.

Andraste

Just finished breeding my team this afternoon! There were a bunch of Pokemon with egg moves or HAs that I wanted, and I've never actually played through a game with a pre-bred team before. Should be nice and quick so I can get to those delicious Move Tutors ...

I'll be taking Primarina (the only thing I'll be picking up in game) plus Alolan Muk, Alolan Raichu, Mudsdale, Ribombee and Kommo-o.

Xenomata

MS Paint Sableye
Uuuuuuuuuugh, the wait is literally KILLING MEEEEEEE. So much so, the only cure is spinning round and round hoping a shiny Venipede appears.

Don't know what team I'll build (going with Rowlet this time round, probably not going to run Raichu, Turtonator, Crabominable, Shiinotic, or Mismagius), but I do know that I'm running Mawile regardless of what I encounter.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I'm using
Mimikyu
Luxray
Lycanroc
Alolan muk
Vaporeon
Noivern

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I don't know my full team I'll be using. I know I'll be using Popplio this time around since I used Rowlet last time, and I'm definitely using Furfrou. I kinda want to use Wishiwashi, but I already have a water type on my team. I kinda want to use Abra, since you can get one early in the game and hopefully the "Kadabra doesn't learn Confusion at level 16" glitch has been fixed. I kinda want to use that perfect Steenee that's traded to you, if it's still in the game, since I heard that Tsareena's actually pretty good. I kinda want to use Remoraid since I like Octillery and Gyarados, but I run into the "too much water" problem again. I guess I'll wing it this time around.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I will have Rowlet and A. Vulpix for my playthrough but haven't really decided the rest of the team. I might stick around with Dusk Lycanroc as well till I get a Larvitar since I don't plan to make an exclusive 7th gen team like I did in my Moon.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
I've finally decided on my team for Ultra Moon! I'm going to start with Decidueye (so I can say I've used all the starters at least once), and I feel like I have to use the Dusk Form Lycanroc. The rest of the team is comprised of my favorites that I love but have never used in an in-game team. It should be really interesting, since I usually like to have my team a bit more balanced, so have a glaring fighting weakness may end up hurting me in the long run, but oh well!

UM team.jpg

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Probably the same main team as my original Moon playthrough, but maybe my reserves will change.

XxVascoxX

My team is as such: Lycanrock Dusk
Malamar (essential as a topsy turvy lead in totem battles)
Primarina
magneton
araquanid and finally Golisopod.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Now that i’m able to see the Melemele Pokédex on serebii I have a better idea of what Pokémon i’d like to use in the early game. I’m thinking of adding furfrou and either flabebe or mime jr. depending on availability. Also interested in adding Totem Alola Marowak to my team. Not sure if at Decidueye’s expense though.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Well... I wanted to have teams ready by Akala's end, but now that I've seen the Alola Dex, that doesn't look like it's going to happen. (That is, unless Pokebank rolls out an update within the next two or three weeks.)

Here are my amended (temporary) teams:

Ultra Sun
Decidueye F ["Partita"]
Dusk Lycanroc M ["Sirius"]
Bewear F ["Xiaoling"]
Zoroark M ["Hui"]
Araquanid M ["Ragno"]
Arbok F ["Shaina"]

Ultra Moon
Primarina F ["Seraphina"]
Dusk Lycanroc M ["Asterion"]
Tsareena F ["Katya"]
Lopunny F ["Arne"]
Malamar M ["Isaak"]
Ampharos M ["Avenir"]

I'm still transferring over and breeding as soon as I'm able. Funny, I was actually entertaining the idea of using Ampharos and Lopunny originally...

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
seriously considering dumping most/all of my team and just running with the crap I caught in Ultra Space

kingferret53

A duel well fought..
Not too sure what I plan to use, I was gonna avoid using the same pokemon I used in SM, but I want that dusk form. lol

So far I know I want...

Primarina
Marowak (alolan)
Dusk form lycanroc
Furfrou

And maybe Alolan muk, clefable, or I don't even know what else. I already used most of the pokemon I wanted in SM.

I still want to restart my Y version and use a furfrou as my defacto starter... A little of topic though. lol

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
Well according to my sources pokebank is available at midnight for Ultra sun/moon so here's my moonball team. Everything is in moon balls :D if I have time might try to breed for a flawless salandit since mine is missing HP. was gonna fully EV train too but ran out of time and not enough time before midnight to pelagio the full EV's. Everything else is flawless except munchlax and salandit but 2 hours might be enough to get a flawless female. Oh and these are my level 1 moves as well :D

KingK.Rool (Totodile) (M) @ Life Orb/Waterium Z
Ability: Sheer Force
Level: 1
EVs: 100 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch

in S/M Life orb available close to the end game but I might trade for it before that. I feel like sheer force is not full potential without life orb. name is the boss guy from donkey kong.

Jadzia (Salandit) (F) @ Firium Z
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 100 SpA
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Overheat

Warf's wife in DS9. overheat is for Z move.

Worf (Jangmo-o) (M) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 100 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Dragon]
- Dragon Breath

Warf from star trek. Might go with Dragonium Z not sure yet. was disappointed HP came out dragon. might rebreed. honestly anything would be better than dragon.

Timmy (Mimikyu) (M) @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Shadow Claw
- Thunder Wave
- Swords Dance

Timmy is a poultergeist that haunts my home. he rings the doorbell, opens doors, makes the pot shake. switches the water from spray to stream. but he's pretty friendly for a ghost he just wants friends.

Kahn (Beldum) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Take Down

Named after herman kahn. Wish he was still with us we could use him lately. unfortunately Beldum really sucks hard until level 20 and even then meh, but the final product is amazing so it won't fight much until late game. wondering where the mega stone will be ingame.

Rekt (Munchlax) (M) @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 100 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Belly Drum
- Zen Headbutt
- Recycle
- Return

Couldn't think of a good name but it's a pretty sick level 1 move set. and I can heartscale it selfdestruct later if I want :D

*edit*

**** it. I'm giving Munchlax selfdestruct for totem fights. Bellydrum (hopefully I have the berry) and kaboom I win.

Last edited:

xEryChan

Demon Child
I am currently awaiting the release of Ultra Sun and I’m getting so impatient now. I can hardly wait until this game comes out in the states. I figured I might go kver thr team I am planning on using during US, since that is the game I pre-purchased in the eShop. Not sure if I want to follow my Sun teamor just use some mons I used previously. I already know I’m starting with Rowlet since it’s the only starter I never actually used in either Sun or Moon but as for the others, I’m not sure.

Ultra Sun
- Decidueye
- Lycanroc (Dusk form)
- Toxapex
- Salazzle
- Kommo

I’m definitely using those 5 but as for the final member, I’m not sure. I want to use a Fairy Type but who, I don’t even know. Maybe Alolan Ninetails. I want to breed one with Moonblast.

DanielS

I ended up going with most of my Kanto favorites (Kanto team)
Growlithe
Ekans
Munchlax
And I have to wait till poni island or pokebank to get both Aerodactyl and Dratini as my schedule is very packed so I can barely play so I might be able to pokebank before poni...I'm only going with a team of 5 since most characters only have a team of 5

LambzGoHard

Well, since I've just started playing Sun (and have also just got PokeBank) I've decided that by the time I get around to playing the Ultra games PokeBank will be compatible so I've planned out teams that i'll breed for them and Bank them over. My teams are:

Ultra Sun: Toxapex, Shiinotic, Galvantula, Incineroar, Alolan Sandslash & Lycanroc

Ultra Moon; Gyarados, Luxray, Arcanine, Lilligant, Golem (original form) & Aromatisse

I just kinda really love PokeBank!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.