• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

USUM In-Game Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey Wind

Definitely gonna start with Litten, cause I used Rowlet for Sun and I'm not really a fan of Primarina. I also really want to use Poipole, even though the fact that it's very late game puts me off a bit.

After that I'm a bit less certain. I like both Araquanid and Vikavolt, but using both would mean I'd end up with a bunch of Rock weaknesses, so I think I'll just go with the former. I've more use for a Water type and I was on the verge of using Dewpider in Sun before I ditched it for Wishiwashi. Alolan Ninetales and Exeggutor were also two of my faves from Sun and Moon that I never got around to using, so I think I'm gonna try and make room for them.

The last spot is totally up in the air. Minior came to mind but again, another Rock weakness. I think I'll go with either Mimikyu or Mudsdale, or some random past-gen Pokemon that catches my eye.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Think I've finally decided on my six.

I haven't yet used Rowlet so I'm going to go with him definetely.

I also wanted to use Golissopod when I did Sun but Greninja just worked better in the team. I then wanted a Fire type to round out the core so in went Houndoom.

Rounding out the team are Flygon, Metagross and Clefable. Clefable takes the place of Sylveon that I originally was going to use. She's going to be BoltBeam coverage and possibly generic 'fits what team needs'. Maybe I can trade over a Life Orb and get Magic Guard to beef her up a bit. Flygon takes Garchomp as I don't like the idea of babying two pseudo legends and Flygon actually gives me a Ground immunity (and Dragon Dance too).

TLDR:

Decidueye
Golissopod
Houndoom
Flygon
Metagross
Clefable

PsychoIncarnate

Blastoise
Turtonator
Ampharos
Decidueye
Alolan Muk
Golisopod

The Turtonator is a lot lower level at 30 because I just got it recently

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
found 6 level 1 shinies all bred inside moonballs in my pokebank 5 were mine and one i traded for. super stoked. this is my all shiny all moonball team for ultra soon.

I call this: Ultra Sun Team Eclipse.

Ponyta (M)
Ability: Flash Fire
Level: 1
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Flame Charge
- Overheat
- Hypnosis
- Return

Sandshrew (M)
Ability: Sand Veil
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Return
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor

Absol (F)
Ability: Pressure
Impish Nature
- Return
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play

Lickitung (F)
Ability: Own Tempo
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Return

Natu (M)
Ability: Early Bird
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power

Seel (M)
Ability: Hydration
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power
- Toxic

Some moves require move tutors From Ultra moon but I don't anticipate trouble tracking down any TM's I still need.

THought about giving likitung power up punch in gen 6 but it is clones so I can do it for another one. Sad face no sucker punch for absol but giving him foul play for Dark z move.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Unless I make any sudden changes in the future, my current team consists of Primarina, Machamp, Alakazam, Furfrou, Wishiwashi, and Tsareena. I don't like having two water types on my team, but I REALLY wanted to use Wishiwashi, and so far, I'm not displeased.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I currently have Salandit, Ninetales, Alolan Marowak, and Brionne on my team.

I don't know how it happened, but I have slowly gained a Fire team. This is especially odd considering I don't care all that much for Fire types.

Seven of Arcanine

RK9 Unit Trainer
This is my first replay in a Gen VII game, which means I'm only going for my absolute favorites. I had Sun, so this time I went Ultra Moon.

For Starters, I picked Litten and I'll be holding him a Torracat. Might be replaced later on, not sure yet.

Already picked up Growlithe, the bestest of mons. Next island I'll be picking up Fletchling, second bestest of mons. Those are the only two of my Alpha Team favorites available in Ultra Moon, don't have access to Aron, Squirtle, Charmander or Turtwig. Half of my Alpha Team is dedicated to my favorite starter of each type.

My second-favorites, the Omega Team (might be edgy, but my second-faves team is themed as if I'm part of a villainous Team lol), will flesh out the rest of the party. I'll buy the Kabuto fossil (anyone know if I can purchase it right away?), then get Beldum at Mt Hokulani and Jangmo-o in Poni Canyon.

So my final team will be:
Torracat (Eviolite)
Arcanine
Talonflame
Kabutops
Metagross
Kommo-o

I've never PokeBanked before, maybe I'll get Aron in Alpha Sapphire and shift it over to Ultra Moon to replace Torracat. Can't remember what the sub price is.

johno1995

Current team:

Chesnaught
Lycanroc-Dusk
Zoroark
Ribombee
Marowak-A
Goomy

I am debating on replacing Lycanroc with one of the fossil Pokemon (thinking Aurorus), or perhaps Sandslash-A.

Tagi

Thank you to all of you who suggested Furfrou for my Ultra Moon pt. He was as amazing as you all said.

For my Ultra Sun playthrough soon to get underway I have the lineup planned:

Primarina
Noivern
Malamar
Lurantis
Alolan Graveller
Alolan Marowak

TRG

To change things up I'm using the female protagonist for the first time with an all female team.

Primarina
Alolan Raichu
Miltank
Honkrow
Tsareena
Goodra

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
To change things up I'm using the female protagonist for the first time with an all female team.

Primarina
Alolan Raichu
Miltank
Honkrow
Tsareena
Goodra

I hadn't even intended it, but my team is almost entirely female.

I think I have only one male on my team at the moment.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
On the third island, and my team so far is:

Torracat lvl 30
Pelipper lvl 30 w/ Drizzle
Inkay lvl 29 w/ Topsy Turvy (for Totems)
Arbok lvl 29 w/ Intimidate
Petilil lvl 28
Noibat lvl 28

I am happy with my team. Torracat is Adamant, so it hits REALLY hard and has Dark, Fire, and Fighting moves. Pelipper is bulky, decently speedy, and has Water Pulse which hits REALLY hard in the rain while it is holding Sea Incense. It also has Roost for recovery. Inkay is my baby, it has Topsy Turvy to deal with Totem pokemon, as well as Psychic (for all those poison types used by Team Skull) and Foul Play which almost always deals incredible amounts of damage. Arbok has Intimidate so I love sending him in, especially on Fighting types. It also has Poison Point (to poison) and Wrap to wear the opponent down. Petilil has a lot of special attack, so it is very annoying to be up against as its Giga Drain deals a lot of damage (especially when it holds Rose Incense) and recovers it. It also has Aromatherapy and Leech Seed, so it offers a lot of support. Unfortunately, I haven't come across a Sun Stone yet, as I desperately want to evolve it (it is frail and slow). Noibat, I'll be honest, is pretty bad. I don't really use it, but I'm hoping once it finally evolves (half way there!) it will offer my team some support with its insane speed. Right now, it doesn't offer anything my team doesn't already have, but since my team is on the slower side (Incineroar and Malamar are slow, Pelipper and Arbok are medium, Lilligant is fast), Noivern can function as a fast sweeper.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
My Alolan Marowak was doing me no favors, so I removed it from my team.

I currently have my Primarina, Ninetales, Salazzle, Alolan Vuplix, and Haunter. I'm not sure what will be my sixth pokemon. I'm considering my [soon-to-be] Crabominable, but I may just get something from the grass.

See, the issue is I'm used to having bulky mons, as I am an avid staller, but this time I have high-speed, low-defense pokemon, and it's really messing me up.

johno1995

Settled on a final team:

Chesnaught
Lycanroc-Dusk
Ribombee
Alolan Marowak
Goodra
Alolan Sandslash

c1234

Trainer Since '98
I haven't decided on the sixth member. As things stand now:
Rockruff
Dartrix
Inkay
Pikachu
Crabrawler

Any suggestions?

bloodghoul

Porygon2 - DoomDuck!
So after playing through Sun and Moon and realizing that even though USUM will be different there will be alot the same I wanted to choose my team before I have even started the game.
I wanted to choose a pretty feminine team because I want to play through as the girl character

So here is my team ... I just need to think of some nice nicknames for them

Primarina - Special
Ampharos - Special
Lopunny - Physical
Kanto Ninetails - Special
Nidoqueen - Physical
Gardevoir - Special

So if trained properly should be special based and 2 physical based ... should be fun! :D

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
My team is very different than what I planned for but i love it :) going into poni island...

Decidueye
Vikavolt
Ash-Greninja
Arcanine
Alola Dugtrio
Florges

Lusamine

Hot Anime Mom
Current Squaddo:

Dusk Lycanroc
Ash's Pikachu
Decidueye
Goliospod
Pupitar (Leveling up for Tyranitar)
Arcanine

Just hitting Acerola's trial now so I may change in the future, but Goliospod is quite strong I have to say, never really used it till now so I was pleasantly surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.