• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Utter Destruction

Vandslaux

I have been playing around with this team with moderate success.

AT A GLANCE
386-d.png
094.png
645-s.png
612.png
649.png
460.png

IN DEPTH

386-d.png

@ Leftovers
Timid
Pressure
252 HP/4 SpD/252 Speed
Stealth Rock
Spikes
Psychic
Magic Coat

This is as close to Deoxys-S as you get that's OU. Usually, I'll get up Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes, and it's not hard to get up SR and 2 or even 3 layers of Spikes. Psychic makes sure I'm not setup fodder for Toxicroak and Taunt users, and Magic Coat lets me reflect back Taunt and any hazards.

094.png

@ Life Orb
Timid
Levitate
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Speed
Substitute
Pain Split
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast

SubSplit Gengar is, imo, one of the best wallbreakers in OU. Lategame, I have also swept with LO Shadow Ball. But that's not Gengar's main purpose. Gengar's main purpose is as an offensive spinblocker, going up against every spinblocker but Starmie, and I usually keep Deo-D for until Starmie is KOed, usually via Genesect.

645-s.png

@ Leftovers
Naughty
Intimidate
100 HP/252 Atk/64 SpA/92 Speed
Substitute
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Focus Blast

This set is incredible. Landorus-T forces tons of switches due to it's ridiculous Atk, and this set capitalizes on them with Substitute. It's not hard to get a Sub up if they stay in either, due to Intimidate. I ripped the EVs from Smogon, they give max power while 2HKOing Skarm with Focus Blast. I am considering replacing Landorus-T due to the fact that Hail allows me to only make 4 Subs or less, period.

612.png

@ Choice Band
Jolly
Mold Breaker
36 HP/252 Atk/220 Speed
Outrage
Dual Chop
Earthquake
Superpower

CB Haxorus provides incredible offensive pressure, as almost all of OU is 2HKOed by one of it's moves. Dual Chop 2HKOes most offensive switchins, Outrage is an incredibly powerful move and lets me muscle past Gliscor, Earthquake lets me hit Gengar and Bronzong for good damage while not locking me into Outrage.

649.png

@ Choice Scarf
Naive
Download
4 Atk/252 SpA/252 Speed
U-turn
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Blizzard/Ice Beam? Ice Beam kills Blizzard's targets anyway, and it's not weather reliant

Genesect is the newest pokemon in OU and an excellent scout/scarfer. Genesect is also one of the best switchins to Lati@s in OU, two pokemon that would otherwise potentially trouble this team. Download-boosted STAB U-turn also hits incredibly hard, and lets me switch in a counter, and with the elemental beams, can revenge kill a variety of threats, like Tornadus-T, Ferrothorn, Scizor, Forretress, Gyarados, Politoed, and more. They also let me clean lategame if I get a SpA boost from Download.

460.png

@ Choice Scarf
Hasty
Snow Warning
252 Atk/4 SpA/252 Speed
Wood Hammer
Blizzard
Earthquake
Ice Shard

Like it or not, weather is a huge part of OU. This set lets me kill every weather inducer, though I don't know if Earthquake kills Ninetales or not. Wood Hammer hits Politoed and Tyranitar, Blizzard has a 70% chance of killing Hippo (factoring accuracy, obviously, it actually has a 100% chance of killing), and EQ hits Ninetales hard. Ice Shard lets me revenge things like Dragonite if SR is up.​

Last edited:

SuicuneScale

Is that a cookie?
You might want a counter for heatran, as it is a big threat. As is rain, but obamasnow takes care of it to an extent.

Prohawk

A Professional Bird
Well the biggest thing I see is that apart from Genesect, you have no real way to deal with Scizor. I guess Landy can force it out, but it will have a harder time if it doesn't intimidate it.

Also I suggest you run some damage calcs on Abomasnow. Blizzard will not OHKO a 252HP Hippo with your EVs

4 SpAtk Abomasnow Blizzard vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Hippowdon: 75.71% - 89.29% (2 hits to KO)

4 SpAtk Abomasnow Blizzard vs 252 HP/252 SpDef Hippowdon: 56.43% - 66.43% (2 hits to KO)

4 SpAtk Abomasnow Blizzard vs 252 HP/252 SpDef Hippowdon (+SpDef) : 51.43% - 60.71% (2 hits to KO)

Eq will KO Ninetails after rocks though

252 Atk Abomasnow Earthquake vs 0 HP/0 Def Ninetales: 75.96% - 89.9% (Guaranteed OHKO)

Unless it's really bulky, which isn't too likely..