• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[UU 2v2] Gun Powder Plot

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
Gunpowder Plot

This team started out with two pokemon for a competitive team i was going to build, but i started XY too late to really prepare well for the local tournaments. Then it sort of evolved into this theme-based team. I have always wanted to make a sound/music-themed pokemon team ever since generation IV, however this turned into a specific piece themed team which was really unexpected. I tried to make it as competitive as possible within the theme I was going for which is why i put it here instead of the in-game rmt. Even though it is a thematic team please still rate this like you would any team and don’t be afraid to change things that break the theme. There are a lot of aspects to this team that I would like to use competitively. I will be very receptive to any thoughts you guys have.

The Thematics of the Team

This team is a representation of the 1812 overture piece by tchaikovsky, which has become closely associated music of two different holidays over the years 4th of July and November 5th.

The canons. (there are real canons written into the score of 1812 overture)

h6264617A

Noivern - boomblast
Exploud - boomblast

pretty self explanatory. Here's where it happens in the music.

Bronzong-explosion

He represents the chimes used at the end with the canons.
He also represents what would have been the gunpowder explosion on the 5th of November 1605 aiming to kill the king.

Marrowak - thick club

He's the percussion section. he beats the drums with his thick club.

Meloetta - hyper voice

The fadista of the group. She represents the cello choir at the beginning of 1812 that everyone forgets about }:<

Mismagius (Guy Fawkes) - nasty plot/confide

nasty plot move represents the plot to assasinate the king. Confide because a mysterious letter arrived just a few hours before the would-be explosion, warning of the plot to blow up the house of lords. Someone was perhaps confided in who then revealed the plot to the kings guards. Mismagius chosen for obvious reasons. (Guy Fawkes portrait on the right)

429.png
guy_fawkes_portrait.jpg

The Team

295.png

Exploud @ expert belt/life orb/assult vest
sound proof
252 HP/252 Satk/ 6 Def
modest

boomburst
shadowball
flamethrower
surf

and his counterpart, noivern. The other serious boomburster. Telepathy and sound proof allow for continuous, simultaneous double boomburst with no friendly fire. That is just 10 base attack power points shy of a special attack version of explode, that doesn’t automatically cause either pokemon to faint. Pokemon that wall this double boomburst attack are any steel/rock combo pokemon (incidentally there are two of these that have very high special defense) Aside from steel AND rock type combo, steel OR rock types (not both) mostly all have weak special defense and will still take considerable damage on a switch in from a double boomburst. Flamethrower is for steel types trying to wall, surf is for rock types trying to wall. Focus blast covers both of these types but is less accurate so I went with dual elements, giving me coverage as well over any bulky ground and grass types. Shadowball (also on my other boomburster, Noivern) is for specially bulky trick room users and ghost types walling boomburst. Fun fact: almost every trick room user that is specially bulky is weak to ghost attacks. Some notable exceptions:

porygon-2
kecleon (not color change)
aromatise
carbink

715.png

Noivern @ Life Orb
Telepathy
252 Satk/ 252 Speed / 6 Hp
Timid

Boomburst
shadowball
taunt
dracometeor/focusblast
Pretty similar setup as my other canonmon. Boomburst/shadowball for optimal type coverage. Taunt is to stop the easy trickroom or hazards from getting off. Here are non-scarfed taunters that will outspeed/out-taunt maxspeed noivern:

weavil
electrode
aerodactyl
crobat
darkrai
talonflame

Dracometeor if I need to take out a bulky dragon type. Although this may not be necessary in UU and I can run focusblast for rock/steel dual types in case my exploud goes down with his coverage.

Also concerning soundproof ability, in most cases the alternate ability to soundproof is better in almost every situation except stuff like double boomburst. However, still be aware of soundproof users in case they are running it. (Mr.Mime, opposing Explouds, etc.)

437.png

Bronzong @ light clay
levitate
252hp/252 SpDef / 6 Def
Sassy

Lightscreen
Reflect
Gyroball
Explode

Going special bulky so I can just sit in on a boomburst session if I want to. Basically if i think a person leads with wideguard + trick room this is when I will bring bronzong in to start screening it up. Lowest possible speed IV’s/nature on bronzong + Gyroball is for any ice (or fairy) types that get lured in by the 4x weak to ice noivern, and for if the trick room gets off hopefully it can outslow and screen any attacks coming at it. There are 90 monsters slower than bronzong but many of those are pre-evolutions. Ghost monster cofagrigus WILL outslow bronzong. Magcargo WILL get off a fire attack before bronzong can screen inside of trick room. If bronzong is going to die that turn and you have mismagius or noivern out as well that is definitely the time to explode in your enemies face once any wide guard users have been dealt with. Regigigas comes to mind in UU for wide guard and hopefully noivern or meloetta have taken him out with focus blast already. If megahoundoom or absol comes out it’s probably a good idea just to explode in their faces since my team really does not like those two mega users. There is good focus blast coverage from noivern and meloetta, but meloetta will obviously not be able to switch in to replace bronzong on a mega dark user.
105.png

Marrowak @ thickclub
rockhead
252hp/252atkk/6Sdef
adament

bonemerang
stoneedge
double edge
Earthquake

Not trying to outspeed anything here, just surviving for that extra turn. Marrowak is here (besides playing in the percussion section) to deal with any steel/rock types walling double boomblast. Bonemerang is for sturdy/substitute users while my other monster is either setting up or taking down the other enemy. Earthquake obviously your go-to when mismagious/noivern/bronzong is out with him. Double edge for good powerful neutral coverage and taking advantage of his rock head ability. Stone edge provides some needed coverage against bug types for meloetta’s sake and against fire/flying types that are pestering bronzong and immune to EQ.

648.png

Meloetta @ life orb/ expert belt
Modest - serene grace
6hp/252SpA/252Spe

psychic
focus blast
signal beam
hyper voice

The fadista of the group. Ghost/normal is great coverage on any monster but I already have two shadow balls on the team, so I opted to diversify my coverage further. Neutral normal coverage is good but thunder may be a better option for the inevitable water types switching in on noivern or marrowak with an ice beam ready to go. Focus blast is in case meloetta needs to fend off any dark-type users that are lured out either by herself or mismagius or bronzong, or if you can predict the switch in, just kill it as it enters the arena. Signal beam is needed coverage for sableeye/spiritomb. Psychic is for any poison types that get through marrowak’s ground attacks.
429.png

Mismagius (Guy Fawkes) @ life orb
levitate
252 SpA / 252 Speed / 6 HP
Timid

nasty plot
shadow ball
confide
thunder bolt

confide is more for the theme of the team. It can soft force a switch if necessary. What is great is since my exploud doesn’t have scrappy mismagius can safely switch into a boomburst and start setting up or attacking from the get-go. If noivern lures in any water-type bearing ice moves, exploud can boomburst while mismagius safely switches in with it’s normal (no scrappy) immunity, then thunderbolt it to death on the next turn. Since my team is VERY weak to dark, confide can buy me some time (thinking of nastyplot megahoundoom) and soften the blow while my other speedy monsters tries to take it down with focus blast, signal beam, surf, EQ etc.