• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

UU Araquanid scheming

Skyknight

Somehow, I completely overlooked the fact that Araquanid can now have Sticky Web. So now we have something with it that’s much more durable than Galvantula.

Even if there’s only five months before SwSh hits, it has my attention.

I’d rather make this UU, simply because the feeling I get from OU is rather...pitiless, for lack of a better word. Not to mention a little constricted in which critters are considered viable...

That said, I’m tying myself in knots trying to figure out who Araquanid’s best complements are. At the very least, I fully expect to include Mamoswine (Life Orb; Icicle Crash, Stealth Rock, Ice Shard, Earthquake) and probably Heat Rotom. I would like to include something with Leech Seed—I’ve been attracted to it since G1–and the main target there seems to be Chesnaught. And yet, I worry I might be making a mistake there.

Probably because I’m expecting some dissimilarity to the previous team I cobbled around Galvantula—it, Mamoswine, Chesnaught, Chandelure, Drapion, and Mega Blastoise. Every entry hazard included. (I’ve since been apprised that that’s not advisable.)

In any case, the planned moveset for Araquanid is Liquidation, Sticky Web, Magic Coat, and either Lunge (further crippling) or Leech Life (some recovery). Item is still undetermined.

So, at the very least, what are good UU aides for such an Araquanid?

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Z-Rance Dance gives Araquanid +1 Speed, allowing you to hit 301 Speed with a Jolly nature. That allows you to outspeed any positive nature Base 106 or below.
Positive-natured base 106s hit 342 Speed. Even neutral-natured base 106s hit 311 Speed.

With 301 Speed, you're tying with neutral 101s and outpacing neutral 100s. You outspeed positive-natured base 87s (a speed tier only occupied by Jolly Hitmonlee) and are outsped by positive-natured Excadrill and faster.

With Sticky Web up, +1 Araquanid outspeeds nearly every unboosted threat barring Deoxys-S. Anything slower, up to and including Timid Mega Alakazam, is outpaced.