• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

UU Competitive Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
Alright, so I have a team that wins about 50% of the team, and there are some things that I've encountered that almost always wreck me, but I don't know how to handle them. Any help would be appreciated.

Ampharos (M) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Volt Switch

This guy has really only gone down to Mamoswine and other dragons ('cause they all outspeed him)

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball

Usually my lead unless I see the other guy has an Infernape. Gyro ball comes in very handy sometimes, especially when sticky web is up. It also has taken down many D-dance users due to their speed boosts. Volt switch for a bit of damage and a favorable switch.

Darmanitan (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Darmanitan commonly forces switch outs which I often just U-Turn on anyways to get into a favorable position. Very powerful, and also often sweeps damaged teams with Flare Biitz. I often find myself never using Rock SLide and Earthquake, but I don't know of anything more useful to put in their. They are basically there for coverage, but I feel like it is almost always more useful to U-Turn.

Feraligatr (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

Feraligatr can usually take a good hit, making him often favorable to switch in to, and can also usually set up an easy D-Dance. Very powerful without D-Dance as well. Sometimes I fall due to speed issues, but I don't know if it is worth it really to switch to Jolly. Would I be missing out on much power?

Goodra (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Tail

Without Goodra, Megatoise dismantles my whole team. Dragon tail is on there to net some extra stealth rock damage, Meteor for mega stab, and the others for coverage.

Muk (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Poison Jab
- Shadow Sneak
- Brick Break
- Ice Punch

If I had a penny for everytime Muk has poisoned something, I'd buy 100 flat-screens and smash them all. Takes Special hits very well, including some Psychic attacks. Shadow Sneak helps finish off Pokemon, or it can net a poison before Muk goes down. Brick Break is the only other fighting move on this team, and dark types usually don't have an easy time with Muk. Ice Punch helps with Crobat a lot. IMO, Muk is godly.

Pokemon that I always seem to have trouble with are Arcanine, Mamoswine, Megapedo, Megastoise, and Absol, as well as most sucker punch users. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.