• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

UU Doubles Team

CJ0114

The Electric Trainer
Here's my first team for double battles. I'll organize my party by pairs and then discuss their pairings. The general strategy is the use of Skill Swap. I appreciate any comments and advice.

;257; Blaziken - Cheri Berry
Blaze - Adamant
EV: 4 HP; 252 At; 252 Spd
Agility
Blaze Kick
Stone Edge
Sky Uppercut

;012; Butterfree - Focus Sash
Compound Eyes - Timid
EV: 4 HP; 252 SAt; 252 Spd
Bug Buzz
Skill Swap
Energy Ball
Sleep Powder

My starting pair, the battle opens with Agility and Skill Swap. With Compound Eyes on Blaziken, all of it's moves has greater accuracy and Blaziken will have the speed to make use of them. The berry will protect it from paralysis. Each of the pair's moves will cover each other's weaknesses.

;003; Venusaur - Black Sludge
Overgrow - Bold
EV: 252 HP; 252 Def; 4 Spd
Energy Ball
Leech Seed
Sludge Bomb
Sleep Powder

;326; Grumpig - Leftovers
Thick Fat - Timid
EV: 252 HP; 20 SDf; 236 Spd
Psychic
Skill Swap
Power Gem
Energy Ball

With Thick Fat on Venusaur, two of it's weaknesses aren't as big as a concern which leaves Power Gem to take care of incoming bugs and flyers. Energy Ball on Grumpig will let it make use of it's newly obtained Overgrow.

;310; Manectric - Expert Belt
Static - Hasty
EV: 84 At; 208 SAt; 216 Spd
Crunch
Ice Fang
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower

;344; Claydol - Shell Bell
Levitate - Impish
EV: 252 HP; 114 At; 144 Def
Reflect
Skill Swap
Rapid Spin
Earthquake

A levitating Manectric means no Earthquake damage. Reflect boosts the pair's defenses in addition to the party's. Skill Swapping Levitate will also work with any of the other party members (with the exception of Butterfree).

Needless to say, the Skill Swappers can take abilities from the opponent and make use of it themselves or to pass on to party members.

Last edited:

SilverMorty

What about Focus Blast instead of Energy Ball for Grumpig?

Sure it may be inaccurate but at least you have something against the Steels which would wall it and Venusaur

Rad3n

Banned
This team will be completely dominated by opponents because it lacks a way to stop the enemy's strategy. All enemies will have a strategy and you can be sure that it'll involve stopping yours. Moves like Fake Out, Dark Void/Spore, Explosion, Rain Dance and Trick Room are very common in Doubles and you can't deal with any of them. You have 3 unique strategies that don't tie into each other. Pokemon is not a series of 1 vs. 1 (or 2 vs. 2 in this case) matches. A Doubles team needs a central strategy that is easy to pull off. Think of a central team strategy and try again. This team is not salvageable.

What about Focus Blast instead of Energy Ball for Grumpig?

Sure it may be inaccurate but at least you have something against the Steels which would wall it and Venusaur

I think he wanted Energy Ball to coincide with Overgrow

Rhys29

Encore
This team seems well thought out, however luckily one person caught that it is indeed not that great.

Blaziken and Butterfree: Butterfree with Blaze - HP-Fire = Suckage. Butterfree is just dead. In fact, Butterfree is a better user of Compound eyes as it makes its powder attacks 100% acc which is far more useful than Blaziken with mediocrely accurate moves. If you want Compound Eyes on something, put it on a poke with rediculously high attacking stat and Thunder/Focus Blast/Blizzard/Gunk Shot/Hypnosis/etc. You can even be a jerk and use Gravity and the Compound Eyes on pokes to give them 100% accuracy Dynamic Punches and Zap Cannons (Venonat has the same ability and a Scarf suicide Skill Swap can work wonders) which would indeed rape every team.

Venasaur and Grumpig: Overgrow on Grumpig? You are obviously only thinking one way for your combos. Grumpig is pretty much fodder at this point and Venasaur can easily be KO'd before Grumpig can transfer the power.

Manectric and Claydol: Gasp! A frail pokemon with no weaknesses? How will anyone get past that strategy?!?! Oh, brute force. 0___________________0 Just because it now has no weaknesses does not make it indestrucable. If this were the case, Spiritomb and Sableye would be the number one OU threats. If you want to swap Levitate onto something do it to something with bulk such as Aggron. This is one of the better combos but still inneffective.

This team is poor choices. You have a skill swap team without Slaking or Regigigas. It makes me very very sad. This team is indeed beyond saving.

BlazeBat

Blaziken Master
Well even though the elder members have pointed out your flaws i will make one minor suggestion that really makes no difference to the effectiveness of the team. Give Blaziken a Lum berry to stop all status not just paralysis. Give claydol leftovers as that is the superior healing item and give venasaur leftovers to as any trick users will just trick black sludge back on you.

Addie

(•✖•)
Just posting to say that all UU teams for Wifi probably shouldn't be made, because the tier is really unstable at the moment, just wait for the tier to get more structured.

And, anyways, Manectric is kind of outclassed by SubCM Raikou, which does that job way better, and gets all the coverage it needs with Thunderbolt + Hidden Power Ice / Water / Grass.

CJ0114

The Electric Trainer
Ok. As Rhys29 suggested I'll try using someone different. After reading Rhys29's post I initially thought of using Poliwrath instead of Blaziken where Hypnosis, Hydro Pump, and Dynamic Punch would benefit from the accuracy boost. I've never considered using Venonat. Even with the Choice Scarf, I didn't think it would be fast enough to pull off the swap. So if even if I kept Butterfree or even used Venonat, it'll probably be better off being a late game option. In Butterfree's case I thought about replacing Energy Ball with Protect if I find a replacement for Blaziken.
I've noticed that most of the users of Skill Swap are Psychic types which makes it a little bit harder to have a type variety in the party.
Ok well thanks to everyone for the advice. I'll keep looking for ways to make this party better. I may have to drop a Skill Swap user but as long as I find a way to make this functional, I'll be happy. I'll post any changes in the first post.

johny2hai

Future Olympian
Blazkien should hold Lum berry b/c that heals all the status, not just paralysis.