• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[UU] Help me perfect my first team!

SphealsFTW

Money is the anthem!
Hello, and welcome to my first RMT ever : D. This team is the first team I have ever built, and it's working quite nicely. I do lose quite a bit, but I think that it's my fault for making bad moves and failing to predict correctly. I'm very new to competitive battling, so please don't be harsh when posting what's wrong with my team. If something on my team is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE, then please let me know. Just please post something to make my team better too :].

Weavile.gif

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Att / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch
- Low Kick
- Night Slash

I usually lead with Weavile. Depending on who my opponent leads with, I either attack or switch out. The reason why I chose Weavile is because he's strong and fast, and the moves I gave him provide nice coverage. Weavile is also very good at revenge killing. He is also my Ghost/Psychic trapper. I gave him EV's to be as fast as possible and be strong at the same time.

victini.png

Victini @Choice Band Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Att / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly Adamant
- V-create
- Fusion Bolt
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt

Victini is amazing! I'm quite surprised that this pokemon isn't OU. I chose Victini because I love that he learns V-create. There isn't much that can survive a V-create from Victini... The other 3 moves are mainly for coverage. Victini is great at revenge killing and wall-breaking. The EV's are to make him as fast as possible and strong. However, sometimes Victini gets outsped :/.
EDIT: I decided to give Victini a Choice Scarf instead to check Raikou, since my team gets wrecked by opposing Raikou.
EDIT 2: I decided to run Adamant for more power.

Donphan.jpg

Donphan@ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Att/ 252 Def 252 HP / 252 Att / 4 Def
Nature: Impish Adamant
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roar Ice Shard
- Rapid Spin

I chose Donphan because I love him and he can use Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin. I gave him Roar to phaze out annoying pokemon *cough ghosts who try to spinblock cough* and pokemon that try to set up. However, I don't know if the moveset I gave Donphan is the best it can be. The EV's I gave him allow him to be as bulky as possible, but a special attacker can probably kill him. I don't know if I should put some more EV's into Attack just to make him stronger...
EDIT: I changed sets to a more Physical offense which I need on my team.
EDIT 2: I changed Head Smash to Stone Edge.
EDIT 3: I just decided to go with Ice Shard instead of Stone Edge/Roar.

13.jpg

Raikou @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpAtt / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Rash
- Calm mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Aura Sphere

My Special sweeper! I usually switch into Raikou on an opponent that I know will switch out (like a water or flying type for example) and set up a Calm mind or two... and then I proceed to sweep away! He's a Rash nature so that I can legally use Aura Sphere. However, I don't know if I should just run a Timid nature and replaced Aura Sphere with Shadow Ball? I also don't know if it's better to run HP Ice or HP Grass... The EV's are to make Raikou strong and fast. Raikou is working really well for me, I just don't know which nature/set I should run. Also, I don't know if I should run leftovers or Life Orb. I like leftovers because I want Raikou to live for as long as he can.
EDIT: Decided to run Life Orb for more power.

80.png

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Nature: Bold
- Toxic
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off

My defensive wall/tank/whatever you call it. I really love Slowbro! He's great at taking defensive hits and making certain pokes switch out. He's great with Regenerator, obviously. The EV's are to make him as bulky as possible. Toxic to get residual damage on annoying pokes. I gave him Scald and Ice Beam because I think they give him the best coverage. Slack Off for great HP recovery.

DawnTogekiss.png

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Nature: Calm
- Wish Roost
- Heal Bell
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave

My Special Wall/tank/whatever you call it. I really love Togekiss! She's a great supporter with Heal Bell and Wish. Even though she's not meant to be an attacker, she can sometimes take out quite a few pokes by paraflinching! The EV's are to make her as bulky as she can be.
EDIT: Decided to drop Wish for Roost and changed the EV spread.

If you've read all of this, I thank you! Now please help me perfect my team by posting your opinions below : D!

Last edited:

Chocolatepie2

I travel by TARDIS
Your team is pretty good. I think you should put Ice Shard on weavile over Ice punch to aid revenge killing. Victini and Donphan look good. IMO, Raikou's best set is this:
Raikou @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Your defensive core is quite weak to electric moves, particularly Electivire. However, the raikou set I gave you and your Raikou set are both good stops for the choice set, and the LO set can be dealth with by Donphan. Great team!

tecannon521

Steel Cannon
if you are going to be running scarf on victini over band then maybe try an adamant nature. max power is never a bad idea. also maybe use another item on raikou. leftovers is best on bulky pokemon (such as your slowbro and togekiss). maybe try life orb for more power and the ability to switch moves. if you cant change the nature on victini then you cant. but at least try life orb on raikou. hitting harder in competitive battling is always nice

ashsinnoh

I would say no, no, no for Head Smash. Better use Seed Bomb. Also, why u use pursuit on Weavile. How many poles run from him. You could run this one
Weavile@Focus Sash
Adamant/Jolly
252Atk/252Spe/4whatever
-Night Slash
-Brick Break
-Ice Punch
-Ice Shard

Also, old good CM Slowbro with Surf/Scald, Psychic gives double STAB, but if you could explain why Scald/Ice Beam gives best coverage, that would be nice.
Your team is really nice.

SphealsFTW

Money is the anthem!
if you are going to be running scarf on victini over band then maybe try an adamant nature. max power is never a bad idea. also maybe use another item on raikou. leftovers is best on bulky pokemon (such as your slowbro and togekiss). maybe try life orb for more power and the ability to switch moves. if you cant change the nature on victini then you cant. but at least try life orb on raikou. hitting harder in competitive battling is always nice
I was thinking about running Adamant on Victini for more power... Thanks, I think I'll try that. I'm also going to try LO on Raikou.

I would say no, no, no for Head Smash. Better use Seed Bomb. Also, why u use pursuit on Weavile. How many poles run from him. You could run this one
Weavile@Focus Sash
Adamant/Jolly
252Atk/252Spe/4whatever
-Night Slash
-Brick Break
-Ice Punch
-Ice Shard

Also, old good CM Slowbro with Surf/Scald, Psychic gives double STAB, but if you could explain why Scald/Ice Beam gives best coverage, that would be nice.
Your team is really nice.
Thanks, I might try Seed Bomb on Donphan. Also, Ghosts/Psychics try to run from Weavile all the time. That's why I use Pursuit. For Slowbro, Psychic is only supereffective on fighting, while Ice Beam is supereffective on Grass and Flying. I might run CM Slowbro with Scald/Psyshock though.

Looking for more rates...

Vecte

The Togekiss layout is a little outdated. Togekiss is really not that great of a Wish passer (at least for OU, this is UU, so it's probably okay), plus the EVs you are using are dated too. Number one, since you are using Wish, you want HP to be as high as possible. I would use a 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Sp. Def spread anyway, Wish or not. Your move set is passable in UU, but I'd personally still drop Wish for Roost.

cartert4219

Ferocious Shuckle
I'm not hip on UU in this generation... but Psychic hits poisons SE too and there were a lot of those floating around UU last generation. If it's the same this gen., that's something to keep in mind. It never ceases to amaze me how many Gengars stay in against Slowbro under Trick Room in OU.

SphealsFTW

Money is the anthem!
The Togekiss layout is a little outdated. Togekiss is really not that great of a Wish passer (at least for OU, this is UU, so it's probably okay), plus the EVs you are using are dated too. Number one, since you are using Wish, you want HP to be as high as possible. I would use a 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Sp. Def spread anyway, Wish or not. Your move set is passable in UU, but I'd personally still drop Wish for Roost.
Thanks, I changed the EV spread and decided to replace Wish with Roost.

I'm not hip on UU in this generation... but Psychic hits poisons SE too and there were a lot of those floating around UU last generation. If it's the same this gen., that's something to keep in mind. It never ceases to amaze me how many Gengars stay in against Slowbro under Trick Room in OU.
Thanks for the advice, but I haven't really run into many situations where I'd need Psychic.

Looking for anymore rates~*~*

SphealsFTW

Money is the anthem!
Bump. Can somebody please rate this and point out any flaws?
I was thinking about running CB on Weavile and LO on Victini instead. What do you guys think about that?
Also, would Custap Berry work with Donphan?

Last edited: