• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

UU like this team, don't you?

Psycho Cut

Ok, so as the title explains this is a UU team. I've only recently been palying UU, but I'm enjoying it. This team has been doing well on PO, but I'm sure I can make it do better. That, my fellow serebiiforum-goers, is why you are (hopefully) here.

Also, for some reason the images I have aren't showing up, so sorry about that, I don't know why XD

Time for a Team Building process, as everyone does one :)
:508:
The team started with this chap, Stoutland. He's a pretty epic pokemon and a faithful in-game companion, and I wanted to use him competetively. The best way to do that: sand.

;449; :508:
That led me on to eviolite hippopotas, the only way to set up sand in UU.

;424; ;449; :508:
I didn't want to go down an all-sand team route, and I needed a lead. Ambipom is a great lead in UU, he's quick and can deal out pririty STAB+Technician boosted fake outs. Plus, he has great coverage.

;424; ;449; :508: ;207;
I now needed a wall. Eviolite gliscor seemed a great choice: he's very bulky, has roost and benefits from the sandstorm that I may end up setting up.

;424; ;449; :508: ;207; ;310;
Special sweeper time now. Manectric is a fast special attacker with decent coverage and, effectively, no weaknesses thanks to an air balloon.

;424; ;449; :508: ;207; ;310; ;330;
I was unsure of who to have as my 6th member, but I saw a lot of flygon in UU, and why he is UU (at least he is on PO, I'm not sure about Smogon) is beyond me. He's fast, powerful, and doesn't get hurt by sand.

So that completes the team building!

Anyway, on to the actual team:

imgres

Ambipom @ Life Orb
Technician
Jolly
Evs: 252 Att, 252 Speed, 4HP
Moves:
--Fake Out
--Double Hit
--Fire Punch
--Ice Punch

Ambipom's my lead. He can fire off a 90BP fake out right from the off and then can also hit hard with Technician and STAB boosted double hit. The life orb adds to his power. Fire and Ice punch are for coverage.

imgres

Manectric @ Air Balloon
Static
Timid
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed, 4HP
Moves:
--Charge Beam
--Thunderbolt
--Flamethrower
--HP Ice

Manectric is my special sweeper. Chargebeam for finishes and power boost, thunderbolt is main STAB and other two moves are for coverage. I've gone with static over lighningrod as none of my other team members are weak to electric so there won't be many electric attacks aimed at my team for a switch in.

imgres

Hippopotas @ Eviolite
Sand Stream
Impish
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp.Def, 4 Def
Moves:
--Toxic
--Protect
--Slack Off
--Stealth Rock/Earthquake

This guy normally only comes in until after Ambipom/Manectric have served their use. His main use is to set up sand so stoutland can sweep (try saying that 5 times fast). Toxic and protect allow for toxic stall and slack off is good recovery. Stealth rock/Earthquake is mainly a filler. Hippopotas won't make much use of EQ with it's poor attack but at least it won't get walled by steels, but stealth rock is generally rather useful.

imgres

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Sand Rush
Adamant
EVs: 252 Att, 252 Speed, 4HP
Moves:
--Retaliate
--Return
--Crunch
--Wild Charge

The star of my team. Stoutland is amazing with this set, and is a briliant late game sweeper. Many an opponent have smelt victory when they are 3-1 up, but then in comes this BEAST to pick off their wounded team. Retaliate after one of my pokemon has been KO'd is revenge killing at it's best. Crazy powerful 210BP, further boosted by Choice band and adamant. Return is for a reliable STAB if I believe retaliate won't be enough in the long run (as it will lose it's boost after the first use) and the other two moves are coverage.

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Pressure
Impish
EVs: 252 HP, 156 Sp.Def, 100 Def
Moves:
--Toxic
--Will o Wisp
--Pain Split
--Protect

Spiritomb's main function is to cripple physical attackers with will-o-wisp. If the opponent is a special attacker, he toxic's them instead. Pain split is just rather useful as it is recovery and damage, and protect is to help stalling. Spiritomb's also great for switch ins as he has 3 immunities and no weakness

imgres

Flygon @ Life Orb
Levitate
Jolly
EVs: 252 Att, 252 Speed, 4HP
Moves:
--Outrage
--EQ
--Stone Edge
--Thunderpunch

Another great physical sweeper. Outrage and EQ are very powerful STABs and the other two moves are for coverage. I was thinking of doing a Mixed Flygon set because, although I'm not a fan of MixGon (as I suppose one would call it) I do only have one special attacker...​

Ok, guys so that's the team!! As I say, it has been doing well on PO, but I hope you'll make it better!

Changes will be in Bold

Thanks again for reading! :)

Last edited:

Huspoel

HP ice over Signal beam for covering the ground weakness

Psycho Cut

The reason for signal beam is because I don't have anything else that is SE on psychic or dark. I suppose, however, I could give manectric HP Ice and replace ice fang on stoutland with Crunch. That would also help Stoutland fight off ghosties.

Huspoel

About the sprites, did you got them from arkeis? And psych/ghost/dark (Azelf, Zoroark or Gengar) poké's are mostly frail, so give Manectric HP ice

Psycho Cut

Yeah, I'll do the change I listed above :)

The sprites aren't sprites, they're pictures. I've used pictures before and they've been fine, but hey.

i would recommend dropping gligar for something else. not only is it same set as hippopotus, but that gives 3 weaknesses to ice.

Psycho Cut

Yes, you're right. I have done as well, for a spiritomb. I'll edit it in now :)

Psycho Cut

Any more rates, guys?

Scizorisnotcool

Release The Kraken!
I had a full quote with comments on all your pokemon, but I lost the page.
No biggie though, I had nothing helpful to contribute anyways, I saw your bump, wanted to help you out, but had nothing but maybe an item switch on Manectric (as you have no spinner), and voting for SR over EQ on Hippopotas.

Looks like a solid team though.

Psycho Cut

Thanks for the tips, anyway :)