1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

UU Metagame Discussion Thread

Discussion in '6th Gen' started by Ragnarok, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Ragnarok

Ragnarok #BeastMode Staff Member Super Mod

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  2. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded An enigma

Pinsir's gotta go without a doubt lol. Jesus Christ...
    Terrakion's pretty stupid too with it's speed tier.

Once they're gone I think UU now can be enjoyable.

3. Ace Trainer Riana

Ace Trainer Riana Well-Known Member

Gligar is pretty good with so many special attackers leaving. Serperior is still around but a Swords Dance set can be a pretty decent sweeper.

4. Mye

Mye Someone has to win..

Yeah, with starmie back in OU I wouldn't be surprised to see gligar on quite a few more teams as it's one of the few walls who doesn't really mind status (being immune to para and poison, and depending on the sets not really minding burn either). That being said, with salamence back in the tier and serperior/sceptile being banished here, people'll need to be very careful on what to pair it with.

And I half agree with that ash. Pinsir can stay in UU as the regular form of it isn't that threatening, terra can go as that ridiculous speed tier (only beaten out by a few things, one of them being the newly-UU serperior) combined with its amazing coverage in just its stabs make it too powerful, especially with Doublade being so uncommon nowadays.

Ooh, and Heracross moved back down to UU. For some odd reason, from the moment I saw that adorable bug pokemon, I had the strongest feeling it'd be in UU forever.

5. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded An enigma

I meant Mega Pinsir not the normal one, when I say Pinsir I just assume everyone knows I'm referring to the mega.
    Sorry if that confused you.

6. Lord Fighting

Lord Fighting Bank Ball Collector

Pinsirite is BL though and is banned from UU so no, you meant normal pinsir and I agree with mye that normal pinsir is no where near as threatening without it's mega stone. I Don't expect much use for pinsir in UU.
    Terakkion definitely should be OU though.
    Salamence is still a threat without its mega stone though so that could be dangerous in the tier.

7. KillerDraco

KillerDraco The Enforcer Staff Member Super Mod

No, he meant Mega Pinsir. Do not put words into other people's mouths when their post was literally the same day that Mega Pinsir was quick banned.

Besides, Terrakion has already been banned as well, along with Serperior (lol at those who thought it couldn't make it in UU). However, Serperior is going to be publicly suspected starting tomorrow.

8. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded An enigma

Terrak was expected (obviously)

Turns out I underestimated the s*** outta Serperior lol talk about started from the bottom (PU) now we here (BL/OU) for now at least.

Serperior is good no doubt but too good for UU? I'll have to think/play a little more to have a solid opinion, but it can definitely be seen as problematic.

9. Kitt Geekazaru

Kitt Geekazaru Infernape Trainer

If Serp moves up, it loses it's competitive viability IMO. Talonflame makes short work of it, and while some other common pokemon in OU are easily dispatched by it, there are just too many fire and/or flying types. While some think "HP Rock" it really has a low base power and gives up a Speed IV no matter what.

Can someone provide the link to these quickbans? I was about to build around Terrak, so it's a good thing I came here first.

One last thing... why is Mega Heracross not UU?

10. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded An enigma

Because mega Hera sh**s on stall in UU along with having ridiculous offensive stats breaking teams that don't prepare for it.
    A very strong wallbreaker basically.

11. KillerDraco

I actually did in my previous post, but here it is again.

Mega Heracross had previously been banned to BL when Heracross was in UU prior to the Aegislash ban, since its ridiculous amount of power made it a beast to handle. Once Aegislash got banned, however, Heracross saw a surge in usage and rose to OU. However, with Heracross again dropping into UU, the Mega Evolution goes back to BL, since it was never unbanned. Mega Medicham had the same issue.

12. Mye

Mye Someone has to win..

(gonna try to do my best and rehash what I tried posting before my internet crapped out last night)

Terrakion is in a weird position right now, kinda like serperior. As offensive pokemon, they both are waaay too powerful for UU (with terrakion being able to 2hko the entire tier including doublade after a swords dance using its stabs + eq, whereas serperior is easily the greatest offensive user of contrary) but defensively both are easy pickings for OU (with terrakion's 91/90/90 defenses combined with its ever-common water/grass/fighting/ground weaknesses being pretty bad and serperior's mono-grass typing being horrible in a tier that is basically 60% fire/ice/bug/flying types). With all this in mind, it's kinda made me think that they should make BL an official tier to cater to all the pokemon who fit this (which, with terrakion and serperior included, is up to 20).

13. phanpycross

phanpycross God-king

iirc, the reasoning for not doing that is that the tier you are talking about would essentially just be UU + broken stuff. Im not sure I agree with that reasoning, but that's what they said...

Anyway, UU is my favorite tier, and having heracross back is a godsend IMO. it's one of the funniest pokemon to use in the tierr, and he thankfully isnt broken at all, which is really nice.

The fact pinsir dropped before stuff like zapdos and conkeldurr is pretty laughable tho, evn if I dont want neither to be in the tier.

14. KillerDraco

It's basically this. One may say there's enough Pokemon in BL for it to be a tier (which is a debatable claim in and of itself), but those Pokemon alone would tend to need to be augmented with UU Pokemon, since that handful of Pokemon alone typically isn't enough as far as teambuilding and team support is concerned. So what you're doing is basically creating a second UU tier without a BL, which kind of defeats the purpose of BL.

Plus, it's not like when Ubers was a playable banlist; you can still use BL Pokemon in OU, and many of them are decently viable, unlike Ubers where those Pokemon banned there were just totally unusable in any other format. There really isn't a need for BL to be playable.

15. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded An enigma

16. Kitt Geekazaru

Kitt Geekazaru Infernape Trainer

17. Eaglehawk

Eaglehawk Banned

Insider information: Good majority of UU votes so far are leaning toward "ban" for Serperior.

18. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded An enigma

Serperior's one of those stupidly strong hit and run mons, and given the fact it has Glare at its disposal Crobat and other flying types aren't safe switch-ins. I don't see it staying in UU either.

Though its movepool is really really sh**. :/

EDIT: on a related note

Serperior voted to remain BL by a 73.5% vote.

No surprise here.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  19. Eaglehawk

Eaglehawk Banned

No Scald UU = No Lum Berry set-up sweepers.

But yeah salamence is undeniably broken in No Sclad.

20. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded An enigma

The amount of people in that thread who actually want to ban Scald just f****** wow haha.

I really hope this doesn't turn into a suspect test lol, if any move should get suspected it should be Knock Off.