• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

UU Shoddy team [RMT]

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
dpmfa344.png

Blinky (Claydol) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 SDef
Careful nature (+SpDef, -SpAtk)
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

My lead and SR user/Spinner. Usually start off with a Toxic, and SR the next turn. If they also use SR/TS/Spikes, I'll Rapid Spin and then switch to the appropriate pokemon.

dpmfa160.png

Spike (Feraligatr) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Speed, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Dragon Dance

Comes in on a weakened pokemon it has a type advantage against, uses Dragon Dance, and sweeps. Usually brings down 1-2 pokemon.

dpffa113.png

Egg Head (Chansey) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Thunderwave
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss

She switches in to either heal status, spread some Paralysis, or take a Special hit for the rest of my team.

dpmfa429.png

Top Hat (Mismagius) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Will-o-wisp
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

She comes in on physical sweepers that abuse Earthquake or a Fighting type attack. I use Will-O-Wisp, and proceed to Nasty Plot as they either switch or hit me with weakened Physical attacks. Shadow Ball/HP [Fighting] get great coverage.

dpmfa60.png

Fang (Arcanine) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP/168 Def/100 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Will-o-wisp
- Flamethrower
- Morning Sun
- Dragon Pulse

dpmfa424.png

Chimpy (Ambipom) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Double Hit
- Brick Break
- Shadow Claw

He's my clean up hitter, thanks to LO boosted Fake Out.

Pokemon I cannot safely counter:
Moltres (Sub/Roost)
Milotic (RestTalk versions especially)
Some versions of Sceptile
Hariyama (Guts)
Ambipom w/ Fake Out and Pursuit
Spiritomb
Rotom (Sub versions)
Froslass (Sub/Protect versions, and those in Hail)

Rate away.

My username on Shoddy is Foxy Lady.

Last edited:

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
dpmfa344.png

Blinky (Claydol) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

My lead and SR user/Spinner. Usually start off with a Toxic, and SR the next turn. If they also use SR/TS/Spikes, I'll Rapid Spin and then switch to the appropriate pokemon.

Looks good, although there are better leads in UU. Donphan could replace him, Ice Shard is a nice tool for him to abuse as a lead.

dpmfa160.png

Spike (Feraligatr) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Dragon Dance

Comes in on a weakened pokemon it has a type advantage against, uses Dragon Dance, and sweeps. Usually brings down 1-2 pokemon.

Looks good.

dpffa113.png

Egg Head (Chansey) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- T-Wave
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss

She switches in to either heal status, spread some Poison status, or take a Special hit for the rest of my team.

Since Claydol usually poisons early on, I'd actually suggest T-Wave over Toxic. A team like this with Gatr on it would really appreciate some T-Wave support.

dpmfa429.png

Top Hat (Mismagius) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Will-o-wisp
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

She comes in on physical sweepers that abuse Earthquake or a Fighting type attack. I use Will-O-Wisp, and proceed to Nasty Plot as they either switch or hit me with weakened Physical attacks. Shadow Ball/HP [Fighting] get great coverage.

I like it, quite a bit actually. This is a great Mismagius set that I should try.

dpmfa237.png

Dizzy (Hitmontop) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/6 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Mach Punch
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- Sucker Punch

He's being overshadowed by Chimpy now, I use his Intimidate to weaken blows and chip away at HP.

I think I should switch him for a strong Physical tank.

Physical tank meaning one that can take physical hits, correct? I'd suggest Arcanine.

Arcanine@Leftovers
Bold
Ev's:240HP/168Def/100SpA
~Intimidate~
-Will-O-Wisp
-Flamethrower
-HP Ground/Dragon Pulse
-Roar/Morning Sun

It's more of an OU play set, but that's exactly nobody would know how to counter the thing in UU. With WOW and Intimidate, this thing can switch into things like STAB EQ and Burn your opponent, crippling them. HP Ground is for neutral coverage and it hits Fire Types hard, although you can use Dragon Pulse for perfect coverage in UU if you like, though all it'll hit SE is Altaria. The last slot is also up to you. Roar allows you to phase out setup users, but Morning Sun provides useful healing. It'll also be able to switch into Spiritomb's Will-O-Wisp attacks with complete impunity. The true OU variant has Speed Ev's that allow it to outrun Jolly Ttar by one point, but in UU that's unnecessary, so they're just shoved into Special Attack.

dpmfa424.png

Chimpy (Ambipom) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Return
- Brick Break
- Payback

He's my clean up hitter, thanks to LO boosted Fake Out.

Return over Double Hit. I know DH gets a Tech boost, but it's only a few points stronger than STAB Return (which has a BP of 102 on Shoddy), and the accuracy drop in comparison makes it not really worthwhile, even if you can break subs. Also, Payback over Shadow Claw, it gets a Tech boost to make it 5 points stronger than Shadow Claw, it can gain damage off of switches, and it has basically the same coverage as Shadow Claw.

Notes:
I've noticed that my team cannot do much to a SubRotom without taking some serious damage, or Spiritomb without a lot of switching.
Some physical attackers give me trouble too. I think a Steel type would be a nice addition, maybe an Aggron/Rhyperior, but he's got two quadruple weakness'.

Any suggestions for a UU Physical tank?

Rate away.

My username on Shoddy is Foxy Lady.

Changes/comments in bold. Coming from a fellow UU player, I'm really pretty impressed with this team. Good Luck with it.

Last edited:

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Looks good, although there are better leads in UU. Donphan could replace him, Ice Shard is a nice tool for him to abuse as a lead.

Thats what I was thinking after I read another thread where a Claydol was used over Donphan, I think it was you or BlueRabbit, can't remember. Its just his immunities to Spikes and resistance to SR made him a more attractive option. The lack of a HP recovery move kills though.

Physical tank meaning one that can take physical hits, correct? I'd suggest Arcanine.

Arcanine@Leftovers
Bold
Ev's:240HP/168Def/100SpA
~Intimidate~
-Will-O-Wisp
-Flamethrower
-HP Ground/Dragon Pulse
-Roar/Morning Sun

It's more of an OU play set, but that's exactly nobody would know how to counter the thing in UU. With WOW and Intimidate, this thing can switch into things like STAB EQ and Burn your opponent, crippling them. HP Ground is for neutral coverage and it hits Fire Types hard, although you can use Dragon Pulse for perfect coverage in UU if you like, though all it'll hit SE is Altaria. The last slot is also up to you. Roar allows you to phase out setup users, but Morning Sun provides useful healing. It'll also be able to switch into Spiritomb's Will-O-Wisp attacks with complete impunity. The true OU variant has Speed Ev's that allow it to outrun Jolly Ttar by one point, but in UU that's unnecessary, so they're just shoved into Special Attack.

By Physical tank, I meant a pokemon that could take and dish out Physical hits like Aggron/Rhyperior.

I've been trying Aggron/Rhyperior, and niether have enjoyed much success. I'll try both again with Thunderwave support from Chansey, and if neither still work out, I'll give this set a try.

Payback over Shadow Claw, it gets a Tech boost to make it 5 points stronger than Shadow Claw, it can gain damage off of switches, and it has basically the same coverage as Shadow Claw.

That was another thing I couldn't decide. I prefered Shadow Claw for the high crit hit ratio, and its helped a few times, so I'll try Payback for a bit.

Changes/comments in bold. Coming from a fellow UU player, I'm really pretty impressed with this team. Good Luck with it.

Thanks, I made this team earlier today, first time I've tried UU on Shoddy.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
^I should have mentioned this earlier, but this team is already SD Sceptile weak, and it'll get even weaker should you add Aggron or Rhyperior. That's also part of the reason I suggested Arcanine. In fact, save for Hitmontop, your entire team is weak to SDTile at least 50% of the time (meaning the ones that carry Crunch over Rock Slide). If they carry Rock Slide, the situation isn't made any better by the fact that Sceptile outspeeds and OHKO's Mismagius with +2 Leaf Blade when LO boosted (and almost all of them are).

Btw, that team with the Claydol was indeed mine, but it was an OU team, so it's actually different in that my team is better off with Claydol than Donphan.

Thanks, I made this team earlier today, first time I've tried UU on Shoddy.

*applauds* In that case, that's even more impressive.

EDIT: RANK UP!

Finally free of that disgusting Harley-themed userbar :p

Last edited:

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Well Thunderwave on Chansey is really helping out, but now I've discovered some new problems.

Faster Sub users and Milotic, in most cases the RestTalk variant. Froslass can give me trouble too, but if Mismagius gets in safely, I can KO it with Shadow Ball. Moltres is a pain too, usually SR cuts it down, but it'll come in and abuse Roost and Sub against Arcanine.